Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,057
· Newest Rebel: macrascal

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [31 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [19 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 131
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blakes 7 Reboot...
timdalton007
Travis8845 wrote:

In a recent interview for SFP-NOW over at scifipulseradio.com B7 Media’s Andrew Mark Sewell opened up about various projects that he’s had a hand in.

During the interview the creative producer talked about his efforts to get Blake’s 7 rebooted. First at Sky Television and then with Syfy.

Sewell also talks about his love of all things pulp. Specifically Dan Dare and Eagle Comics.

The interview also talks about the recent Dan Dare Audio series, which B7 has been producing and releasing through Big Finish audio.

You can listen to this interview in full using the audio, which has been embedded below.

http://www.scifipulse.net/b7-medias-andrew-mark-sewell-talks-blakes-7-reboot-dan-dare/

The interview made for interesting listening (indeed I shared it on a couple of Blake's 7 groups on Facebook when I heard it). It's a shame in many ways that things couldn't be made to work out somehow in spite of all the time and effort that went into the project. Then again, that seems to be the story of many things in show business.

timdalton007

winnie-l
Read this in a Computer Security list & immediately thought: it should be used to make NEW Blake's 7 episodes!

-------- edited extract from comp.risks mailing list --------
A company in in Pasadena California called ObEN has built 3D AI avatar technology that makes what it calls a "personal AI" (PAI). It can generate a 3D representation of a user's face from single selfie(snapshot/picture); ObEN also copies the user's voice.

Once it's done that, this 3D AI avatar of you can then do with your face & voice what you can't do in "real life", for example: speak Chinese, or sing.

That 3D AI "personality" can also learn what you know.

In ObEN's universe, different simultaneous instances of your PAI would schedule meetings, answer questions/email, negotiate business, even read to your kids. At the end of a day, the user can review all that his/her PAIs did that day.
-------- extract from comp.risks mailing list --------

Now why can't this 3D AI avatar technology watch all episodes of Blake's 7 & generate 3D perfectly copied images of all the actors, with exactly their expressive faces, voices, mannerisms, etc, & then be used, provided with really good new story scripts, to computer-generate/create NEW epsiodes of Blake's 7?

MAKE IT SO!!

Ok, it'd probably be expensive, & "really good new story scripts" are frankly hard to come by. The best one I've read so far is Judith Proctor's intended-for-audio-only "All Change" which approaches *brilliant*! (It has particularly good parts for Deva & Blake!) Read it here:
http://seis.bris....change.txt

The 2nd best one IMHO is Gillian Puddle's "Echoes of the Past" translated (& some silly chopped) into a script:
http://seis.bris....echoes.txt

daro2096
The thing that makes me fear a remake the most would be sex in some way. I.E. a gay character or sexual tension interduced in some way that would make it cheesy.

MLPasterisk
daro2096 wrote:

The thing that makes me fear a remake the most would be sex in some way. I.E. a gay character or sexual tension interduced in some way that would make it cheesy.

Well there was plenty of sexual tension in the original between Avon and Servalan.

Plus Servalan herself is something of a gay icon. Smile

daro2096
But it wasn't in your face was it. We never saw sex. It was more like an old 1930s film where they kiss and then a door closes.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
daro2096 wrote:

And that would be a problem....how????
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

JustBrad
daro2096 wrote:

It can be done right, look at Blake's 7's Children, Farscape and Babylon 5.

dragonq
Personally, I find the explicit sex scenes common in modern television shows a total turnoff.

And if you think a modern version wouldn't include 50 Shades of Avon and Servalan, you're deluding yourself.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.08 seconds
16,070,745 unique visits since 8th January 2014