Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,308
· Newest Rebel: Rachel_4_Avon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [46 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [35 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [27 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 209
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Australia - B8 Hostage Sat 12th June
meegat39
Travisina wrote:

This is lots of fun, but I've got to go now. I'll catch up with the rest of the thread later.

Stay safe & well, see you next week!

Bye Travisina, look forward to seeing you on the next one!
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

AnneArthur
Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

So we're agreed, Blake is a pain, he adds nothing to the rebellion? Or his shipmates?

It's the zealotry. He becomes more so throughout this series. Maybe because he's increasingly frustrated.

Maybe. But he's a rubbish leader, compared with Avalon or whatisname in Traitor - Star Major thingummy.

He might have been different before the Federation caught him and messed with his head. It might also have affected his self-confidence.

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

So we're agreed, Blake is a pain, he adds nothing to the rebellion? Or his shipmates?

It's the zealotry. He becomes more so throughout this series. Maybe because he's increasingly frustrated.

Maybe. But he's a rubbish leader, compared with Avalon or whatisname in Traitor - Star Major thingummy.

I agree. Everyone goes on about how terrible a leader Avon is, but Avon never chose the position. Blake did and does but he relies on his charisma rather than on any political nous. Hunda and Avalon are far more compelling leaders.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
mrsbookmark
Travisina wrote:

This is lots of fun, but I've got to go now. I'll catch up with the rest of the thread later.

Stay safe!

AnneArthur
meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Bye Travisina, look forward to seeing you on the next one!

See you next week!

Obsidian
AnneArthur wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

He might have been different before the Federation caught him and messed with his head. It might also have affected his self-confidence.

He's overly self-confident and self-obsessed. The "I did it!" at Central Control says it all.

mrsbookmark
AnneArthur wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I always thought that Blake was probably one of the intellectual revolutionaries whose good at speeches or that type of thing, but not cut out for the real fight, like Kasabi.

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Bye Travisina. Stay well.

M1795537 OC Virn
They made a better job of stitching Travis's costume than the mess they made of Blake's. Look how the fabric is pulling... and what's that 'breastplate' bit?
You're not sulking, I hope?

Obsidian
mrsbookmark wrote:

I always thought that Blake was probably one of the intellectual revolutionaries whose good at speeches or that type of thing, but not cut out for the real fight, like Kasabi.[/quote]

Yes, I think you're probably right. He's not a good field officer.

AnneArthur
Obsidian wrote:

AnneArthur wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

But 'I did it' sounded to me as if he didn't really think he could. Putting up a front to convince his followers, and also himself.

The self-confidence feels like bluff to me - putting up a front to convince his followers, and also himself.

He's overly self-confident and self-obsessed. The "I did it!" at Central Control says it all.

Edited by AnneArthur on 12 June 2021 09:37:54

Obsidian
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

They made a better job of stitching Travis's costume than the mess they made of Blake's. Look how the fabric is pulling... and what's that 'breastplate' bit?

That's the bit they plug into when they need oxygen and also controls the heating in the suit.

M1795537 OC Virn
Blake's an untrained but enthusiastic amateur. No match for anyone with any training.

Obsidian
Our favourite bit: "THE WORD!"

meegat39
Why is Travis asking Ushton who is the weakest? How would he know?
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

AnneArthur
Agh, can't edit the other post.

'I did it!' sounds to me as though he doesn't really think he could. Putting up a front to convince his followers - and also himself.

M1795537 OC Virn
Obsidian wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

That's the bit they plug into when they need oxygen and also controls the heating in the suit.

No, it's a placket they slapped on to cover all the seams.

Obsidian
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Blake's an untrained but enthusiastic amateur. No match for anyone with any training.

I find him quite dangerous. That was always what got me back in the olden days when it was first on.

meegat39
Jenna is rocking her 'just got of bed' hair!

Obsidian
meegat39 wrote:

Why is Travis asking Ushton who is the weakest? How would he know?

Good question. I guess he assumes Ushton has some prior knowledge of Blake's friends.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.76 seconds
36,739,119 unique visits since 8th January 2014