Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 18

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,300
· Newest Rebel: Hoffels_radiation

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [44 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [30 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [15 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [30 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [26 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 205
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Two brothers watching B7
Hugbot
There are two brothers on YouTube who regularly watch Dr Who and post their reactions. Nearly a year ago, they also embarked on a journey to watch Blake’s 7 not knowing anything about it apart from that it also was a British SF series.

You can find their B7 playlist here: https://www.youtu...NpZiJ2Ud_g

It is quite interesting to follow their reaction/review vids. Being very young, massive Who fans and used to modern TV, they are looking at the series from a completely different angle. While I don’t necessarily agree with all their opinions, they also give some fresh insights for us oldtimers. And it is just lovely to see such young people getting slowly hooked by our favourite programme. Who needs a reboot when the original can still attract new generations of viewers?

They carefully avoided any spoilers. Pressure Point came as a heavy shock to them, and after that, you could see that they were much more concerned for our heroes. Nonetheless, Cally’s death again took them completely by surprise. This weekend they uploaded their reaction to Orbit. They were really having fun, laughing and joking all the way ... until the fateful words, ‘Vila weighs 73 kilos.’ After that, you could see them staring at the screen in total disbelief (and afterwards stating that the final 20 minutes belonged to the best of Blake's 7 they had ever seen). Evil little me is now waiting to see them get completely shell-shocked in two weeks time.

Has anyone else followed their B7 adventures?

BradPaula
It's a wonderful thing to watch the series through the eyes of someone who is new to Blake's 7. It gives you a new perspective on the series and memories of what we all felt upon first seeing the various tragedies befalling our favorites!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
Great find, Hugbot!

That's great. There's been a really gap since Hannah C got through her first time watch through on her Visual Mutterings blog.

Joe Dredd
The two brothers have made it all the way through to the end. It's very much worth watching their 'Blake' video. The first half of the video is a compilation of their reaction shots as they watch the episode.

Travisina
Hi Hugbot, thanks for the link! I've watched their reactions to Orbit and Blake (oh, the younger one was in tears! Bless him). I'll try to catch up with their reactions to other eps.
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

Obsidian
Hugbot wrote:

There are two brothers on YouTube who regularly watch Dr Who and post their reactions. Nearly a year ago, they also embarked on a journey to watch Blake’s 7 not knowing anything about it apart from that it also was a British SF series.

You can find their B7 playlist here: https://www.youtu...NpZiJ2Ud_g

It is quite interesting to follow their reaction/review vids. Being very young, massive Who fans and used to modern TV, they are looking at the series from a completely different angle. While I don’t necessarily agree with all their opinions, they also give some fresh insights for us oldtimers. And it is just lovely to see such young people getting slowly hooked by our favourite programme. Who needs a reboot when the original can still attract new generations of viewers?

They carefully avoided any spoilers. Pressure Point came as a heavy shock to them, and after that, you could see that they were much more concerned for our heroes. Nonetheless, Cally’s death again took them completely by surprise. This weekend they uploaded their reaction to Orbit. They were really having fun, laughing and joking all the way ... until the fateful words, ‘Vila weighs 73 kilos.’ After that, you could see them staring at the screen in total disbelief (and afterwards stating that the final 20 minutes belonged to the best of Blake's 7 they had ever seen). Evil little me is now waiting to see them get completely shell-shocked in two weeks time.

Has anyone else followed their B7 adventures?

I watched a few of these, Hugbot, but then haven't had time to keep up at all. Now with Travsina mentioning their responses to Orbit and Blake, maybe I need to take another look. Thanks for keeping up with these things peeps.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.26 seconds
35,714,327 unique visits since 8th January 2014