Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 1
JustBrad

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Could BF persuade Josette Simon to do an audio?
wall1885
I, personally, had the impression that Josette Simon had previously wanted to distance herself from her association with B7-

I had based this on her lack of Convention appearances, not participating in the BBC Radio Productions plus her lack of replies to fan mail from B7 fans.

Now that she has embraced Unstoppable Cards B7 Series 2 by doing autos for solo cards, dual cards & signing print plates I'm starting to hope she's coming round to being a part of the B7 family again.

Wouldnt it be wonderful if Big Finish could get her to join in with their audio range?

This could open up adventures set during season 3 & 4.

Does anyone know if BF has approached her, or are even thinking about Season 3 & 4 audio adventures.

paulm
It would be good to get her or glynis Barber on them

sweevo
I know Glynis has expressed interest in reprising her role as Soolin (according to one of her tweets), but Josette? I'm not holding my breath over it.

BradPaula
I think saying Josette has embraced doing Unstoppable Cards by agreeing to autograph some of them is painting with a rather broad stroke. She was gracious enough to sign said cards, and is being gracious to sign photographs for the upcoming Cygnus Alpha convention, but that is it. To all other conventions and appearances, she has declined the invitations and has distanced herself from the role these many years.

I would hold out much more hope that Glynis Barber would reprise her role as Soolin in upcoming Big Finish audios. She has never had issue with her Blake's 7 role and is quite friendly to fans who know her mainly as Soolin. Believe me, Ive met her and gotten her autograph and she was a sweetheart!

Edit: I believe Big Finish has approached Ms. Simon but she has declined their offer, hence, the 'search for Dayna' second series of full cast audios, and the talk of hiring another actress to play the role of Dayna. I actually spoke with Jason Haigh-Ellery about the idea of getting Angela Bruce to play Dayna for upcoming audios. They listened politely.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

dragonq
I must say I was never much of a Dayna fan. She was alwayrs a bit too bloodthirsty for my liking. That said, she was an integral part of the crew for two seasons, and while I really enjoyed the audios with Grant as a crew-member, the "Dayna is missing" scenario always seemed a bit thin to me.

Given that Josette Simon has consistently declined offers to participate, I have no problem with them recasting the role of Dayna; nor do I mind the thought of the part of Gan being recast. (It's sad David Jackson didn't live long enough to participate in the new audios, as I have a feeling he would have loved to be involved.) I would also really like to see Soolin given a proper chance, as her part was always underwritten, and the final series she appeared in was not Blake's 7 at its finest.

MLPasterisk

Edit: I believe Big Finish has approached Ms. Simon but she has declined their offer, hence, the 'search for Dayna' second series of full cast audios, and the talk of hiring another actress to play the role of Dayna. I actually spoke with Jason Haigh-Ellery about the idea of getting Angela Bruce to play Dayna for upcoming audios. They listened politely.

I like Angela Bruce but her voice sounds quite different to Josette Simon.
Yasmin Bannerman has done some work for Big Finish recently and might make a better choice.

MockingbirdGirl
IMHO, a sensible approach would be to invite Josette in to do a part in a range that is quite unrelated to B7. After all, with the exception of (I think) Jan Chappell and Brian Croucher, the rest of the cast had previously worked with Big Finish and knew what it would be like.

Apart from that, I think the only option is for another cast member to suggest that they're all having a good time doing them -- just as Louise Jameson was instrumental in getting Tom Baker to return for the Doctor Who audios.

Space Chopper
Why not get Beverley Hills (Careen in Truth and Lies) to play Dayna? I thought there was quite a resemblance vocally to Josette. Spoilers follow... (text in white, highlight if you want to read.)

As she was in stasis in Truth and Lies, she could be brought back about two episodes in to a new series waking up, just as Del Grant has to leave.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

Mistletoe12
I always thought there might be a slim possibility Josette Simon could be persuaded to return to the role, her character was such an integral part of the show in S3/S4, it feels strange, jarring, I suppose, not having her on the audios - I think she would add balance.

And I liked her relationship with Avon ... her curiosity in Aftermath giving way to a big brother scenario with the occasional parental tone as demonstrated in Deathwatch. Angry

I didn't want to entertain the idea that the character may have to be recast. I use (may) intentionally because a, we don't know if BF have further plans for her character (I haven't heard the remaining 3 disks in the current S2 All Cast Audios, so her future may already be established.) and b, with the future of B7 at BF currently a hot topic ... well, its too early to speculate what will happen with any accuracy.

But I had genuinely started warming to the possibility of recasting ... until I watched Josette in the BBC show New Tricks last night.

It made me realise I would still rather hear Josette deliver Dayna's lines ... it's her personality and acting style I associate with Dayna.

But who knows, only time will tell, and I haven't ruled out the possibility she may change her mind! Happy

Grade Four Ignorant
I'm amazed that Josette has agreed to do a Doctor Who story with them, yet it appears she hasn't given them the say so to use an image of Dayna on the cover of Mediasphere.

BradPaula
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

I'm amazed that Josette has agreed to do a Doctor Who story with them, yet it appears she hasn't given them the say so to use an image of Dayna on the cover of Mediasphere.

That's true, but little steps. She has agreed to do a Big Finish Audio. She has signed cards for the Blake's 7 Unstoppable Trading Cards and she has signed autographs recently for the Cygnus Alpha convention. All this is a great start and let's hope they can persuade her to reprise Dayna in an upcoming Big Finish Blake's 7 story. We can but hope. I'll do what I can in November to 'persuade' Jason Haigh-Ellery to cough up some information on Ms. Simon and her future at Big Finish. Last year upon hearing I was 'that Paula' he backed away from our table in horror! That got a laugh from me!
Edited by BradPaula on 24 July 2015 01:14:05
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceresearcher
It would be great if she could, it was great to get a signed autograph card from her in the collector cards. I'm sure after all this time it will be a very real possibility. Perhaps that explains the brief hiatus with current Big Finish releases Blakes 7 wise?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.38 seconds
9,156,590 unique visits since 8th January 2014