Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Merging posts?
Lurena
When I tried to post a first reply to a thread I started myself, just to separate a personal message from the neutral announcement, the message got merged into the neutral one. ( Kerr Avon thread)
That never happened in the old forum.
Did I miss something?
Will this happen all the time when one tries to post two (or more) successive separate replies ?
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Website Mutoid
This is something we are currently looking into. There's no easy setting to change this and we think it is tied into the coding that enables users to edit their posts and moderators to merge posts. I'm aware that there are reasons why the "auto-merge" might sometimes be a bit of a pain, and am investigating. :)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Many thanks for looking into it for us WM
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Lurena
Website Mutoid wrote:

This is something we are currently looking into. There's no easy setting to change this and we think it is tied into the coding that enables users to edit their posts and moderators to merge posts. I'm aware that there are reasons why the "auto-merge" might sometimes be a bit of a pain, and am investigating. Smile

Thank you for your quick reply Website Mutoid.

I can understand the pile of work that you still have to do. Please take your time, you (and the Horizon team) are doing a great job!
If it happens to be tied into the code, then no problem. We will get used to it then.

Just want you to know that I am a happy fan here!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Lurena wrote:
If it happens to be tied into the code, then no problem. We will get used to it then.

Apologies Lurena, but I do think its a problem which is why I'm especially appreciative of WM making it a priority. Unlike other sites that have constant activity all day from dozens of members, Horizon relies on a minority of regular posters to keep the pages turning over and bump threads every so often to return them to people's attention. Something like the Doctor Who thread, where one person might post long reviews of a number of stories before there's a reply, will be very hard to refer back through if the software merges everything together. If it can't be fixed, it can't be fixed. But I wouldn't say that its not important.

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Website Mutoid
I have made some headway with this. Please bear with me a little longer. ta. :)

Lurena
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Lurena wrote:

Apologies Lurena, but I do think its a problem which is why I'm especially appreciative of WM making it a priority. Unlike other sites that have constant activity all day from dozens of members, Horizon relies on a minority of regular posters to keep the pages turning over and bump threads every so often to return them to people's attention. Something like the Doctor Who thread, where one person might post long reviews of a number of stories before there's a reply, will be very hard to refer back through if the sofware merges everything together. If it can't be fixed, it can't be fixed. But I wouldn't say that its not important.

SD, I didn't say it is not important, did I?
It bothered me when I started a thread.
I was just thinking mild and expressing my tendency to be flexible and give someone the time to figure things out.
Perhaps my writing wasn't clear, or my culture is a bit different.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Lurena wrote:

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Lurena wrote:
...then no problem...

Apologies Lurena, but I do think its a problem...

SD, I didn't say it is not important, did I?
It bothered me when I started a thread.

Apologies again if there was any miscommunication Lurena. I have cut down the quotes above for clarity, as it was your comment that it was 'no problem' that I don't concur with. It would be a problem, and it is important to try and fix it imo. Thanks again to WM for her tireless efforts on our behalf. Agreed however that we can be flexible and work around it if we need to, but it will be better if we don't have to.

Best wishes,
SD

Website Mutoid
The auto-merge of successive posts by the same poster is now disabled in all forums. We are happy to review this on a forum-by-forum basis if necessary. The ability to go back and manually edit one's posts to add/subtract/change content is unaffected. Mods are also still able to edit users' posts if necessary.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Brilliant, thanks WM Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.38 seconds
9,919,458 unique visits since 8th January 2014