Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,275
· Newest Rebel: Imipac

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 199
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
The Intergalactic War
bob79519
I always wondered what the Intergalactic War set between series 2 and 3 would look like if it was actually shown (since the montage at the beginning of Aftermath just showed the end of the war). So, by using footage from previous episodes, and series 4 because I didn't consider it canon, I decided to try and the war. I wanted to convey these events:

-The liberator destroys a few enemy ships.
-The Federation show up.
-The Liberator goes off to recharge their empty banks.
-The Federation and aliens fight.
-Tarrant's ship show up and get's damaged before being picked up by a Federation ship.
-The Liberator comes back and get's damged while Star One is destoryed, leading to the beginning of Athermath.

https://vimeo.com...

And I am not a special effects guru, otherwise I would have made it accurate to the Big Finish audio 'Warship'.
Edited by bob79519 on 02 March 2021 20:33:58

JustBrad
And why did no one have time to change clothes?
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

bob79519
JustBrad wrote:

Because the war only lasted a few hours

JustBrad
bob79519 wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

You may be surprised how much debate there is on that subject.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

trevor travis
Video blocked by the BBC!

bob79519
trevor travis wrote:

Video blocked by the BBC!

I uplaoded the video elsewhere, first post updated.

bob79519
JustBrad wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

You may be surprised how much debate there is on that subject.

Really? I always thought that it only lasted a few hours, based on the fact that the characters were wearing the same clothes and didn't look injured or anything.

JustBrad
bob79519 wrote:

Really? I always thought that it only lasted a few hours, based on the fact that the characters were wearing the same clothes and didn't look injured or anything.

Based only on the evidence from Aftermath you would be right. And, for what it is worth, I agree.

Then there are these exchanges from Volcano hinting at a much wider and longer lasting conflict:

They were right in the middle of the war zone where some of the greatest battles of the galactic war took place,

Zen, there were three major battles in this sector during the galactic war.

i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

bob79519
JustBrad wrote:

bob79519 wrote:

Based only on the evidence from Aftermath you would be right. And, for what it is worth, I agree.

Then there are these exchanges from Volcano hinting at a much wider and longer lasting conflict:

They were right in the middle of the war zone where some of the greatest battles of the galactic war took place,

Zen, there were three major battles in this sector during the galactic war.

Some of the aliens got past the defense's and caused a few major battles, which the Liberator were not a part of, and they only happened in certain parts of the galaxy, hence, the galactic war.

dragonq
DON'T MENTION THE WAR!!!

Joe Dredd
Alan Stevens had a great article on the Kaldor City website promoting the theory that there were two wars: the (short) intergalactic war, between the Andromedans and the Federation, and a longer galactic war within the Federation, triggered by the Andromedan war but also Servalan's overthrow of the High Council. It's a great way of explaining the timeframes mentioned in Volcano and Animals.

bob79519
Has anyone actually watched the video?

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

Alan Stevens had a great article on the Kaldor City website promoting the theory that there were two wars: the (short) intergalactic war, between the Andromedans and the Federation, and a longer galactic war within the Federation, triggered by the Andromedan war but also Servalan's overthrow of the High Council. It's a great way of explaining the timeframes mentioned in Volcano and Animals.

Yes, a very neat theory that fits nicely into the on-screen evidence. It also explains why the war is given a different name in Volcano - because it's a different war!

trevor travis
bob79519 wrote:

I did. It was a bit odd when Scorpio turns up during the war with Tarrant on board! It's alright otherwise.

bob79519
trevor travis wrote:

[quote]bob79519 wrote:

I did. It was a bit odd when Scorpio turns up during the war with Tarrant on board! It's alright otherwise.[/quote

I don't consider series 4 canon.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.66 seconds
31,880,194 unique visits since 8th January 2014