Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,275
· Newest Rebel: Imipac

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 199
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
New B7 Range from Big Finish - The Worlds of Blake's 7!
Travisina
Acting on a tip-off I gave myself, I'm excited to announce that Big Finish are producing a whole new range of B7 full cast audios - The Worlds of Blake's 7

First up are two 3-Disc volumes featuring Avalon, played by Olivia Poulet. These will be released in May and June 2021.

More details HERE

Watch this space for further announcements!
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

49ermadfan
Excellent news and hopefully a sign that Big Finish will indeed continue with Blake’s 7 in one form or another going forwards.

Pre-order placed Smile

trevor travis
Looks good - a couple of the main cast to be announced by the look of it, with the mentions of Travis and Jenna!

I will definitely buy this.

clanger68
Well that sounds all rather splendid doesn't it, fingers crossed this range establishes itself and will continue.

A great start it would seem.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
One Spare Part
trevor travis wrote:

Looks good - a couple of the main cast to be announced by the look of it, with the mentions of Travis and Jenna!

There won't be any visuals of Avalon, you know....
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

trevor travis
One Spare Part wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

There won't be any visuals of Avalon, you know....

I can always freeze frame my DVD during the interrogation table scene while listening to the audios Wink

BradPaula
John did promise there would be more B7 from BF. Very glad to hear this and looking forward to more stories from our heroes....

Which begs the question- if they are going to do Avalon, who else can they bring back?
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
BradPaula wrote:
who else can they bring back?

Og
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

BradPaula wrote:
who else can they bring back?

Og

Og, Saviour Of The Universe, featuring him defeating the evil Justin The Merciless.

20-part-story.

Lee Bagnall
Colour me cynical but to me it just looks like another way of fleecing the fans now the main crop of golden geese are sadly passing.

They've done similar with Who, now it the turn of the 7.
"An eyepatch? Practically a badge of honour for space commanders, but the cane?"

thewayback7
It will be interesting to see how they mesh Avalon's backstory with the original series. In Project Avalon we have the odd mix of Avalon being both famous (starting resistance movements on a dozen planets) and yet seemingly anonymous to nearly everyone. Servalan didn't seem to know her, Travis had to ask "Which of you is Avalon?", and only Jenna seemed to know her.

And yet they had an android in her image ready to roll. I guess we have to assume she was known to the Federation (but not well-known to Servalan), and Travis was just having a lazy/grumpy day when saying "I want Avalon".

Either that, or Avalon was unknown to the Federation, and they could produce an android replica in quick time, based on DNA/scans after she was captured.

As Travis is being written into the backstory, presumably he does encounter Avalon, and thus he does know who she is by the time Project Avalon rolls around.

Deva
thewayback7 wrote:

It will be interesting to see how they mesh Avalon's backstory with the original series. In Project Avalon we have the odd mix of Avalon being both famous (starting resistance movements on a dozen planets) and yet seemingly anonymous to nearly everyone. Servalan didn't seem to know her, Travis had to ask "Which of you is Avalon?", and only Jenna seemed to know her.

And yet they had an android in her image ready to roll. I guess we have to assume she was known to the Federation (but not well-known to Servalan), and Travis was just having a lazy/grumpy day when saying "I want Avalon".

Either that, or Avalon was unknown to the Federation, and they could produce an android replica in quick time, based on DNA/scans after she was captured.

As Travis is being written into the backstory, presumably he does encounter Avalon, and thus he does know who she is by the time Project Avalon rolls around.

Yes, it will be interesting to see, or rather hear I suppose, what they do with this. It does seem from the little that has been said so far that Jenna and Travis will be involved. I do hope though that they don't ride roughshod over Avalon the episode. It's indisputable that Jenna had very little to do with Avalon, at least directly, only meeting her once, and the language Travis used strongly suggests that he had never met Avalon before.

I think the android is credible.
SCIENTIST The standard triple omega should provide a perfect basis.
TRAVIS Good. Can you complete quickly?
SCIENTIST I think so. We have an experienced team standing by, everything's ready.
TRAVIS Good, good. Remember if you need any further equipment you have an absolute priority rating. Demand whatever you want -- on my authority.
Clearly Travis had formed Project Avalon well in advance and all the 'experienced team' had to do was craft and fit the ready and waiting standard triple omega with Avalon's likeness. The programming of the android could have been done in advance, well enough to convince Cally who had never met Avalon, just not well enough to fool Chevna whose presence Travis couldn't have anticipated. It was all part of the plan with everything in place, as evidenced by the exchange between Travis and the scientist, except Avalon herself.
"Time really is getting short, you know..."

pointman1101
what would be nice is if they took the book Traitor and make that into a radio drama.

thewayback7
Deva wrote:

SCIENTIST The standard triple omega should provide a perfect basis.
TRAVIS Good. Can you complete quickly?
SCIENTIST I think so. We have an experienced team standing by, everything's ready.
TRAVIS Good, good. Remember if you need any further equipment you have an absolute priority rating. Demand whatever you want -- on my authority.

Clearly Travis had formed Project Avalon well in advance and all the 'experienced team' had to do was craft and fit the ready and waiting standard triple omega with Avalon's likeness.

Ah yes, well spotted. I overlooked that dialogue. The android was created in quick time.

It will be a stretch to write a prior encounter between Travis and Avalon. And Jenna's involvement is limited to "only met her once". We shall see.

I have a half-written Avalon fanfic backstory but I made up entirely new characters apart from a brief cameo by Jenna.

Joe Dredd
BradPaula wrote:
Which begs the question- if they are going to do Avalon, who else can they bring back?

Well, even going with the pre-TWB setting:

Del Grant's mercenary adventures, of course! Get Lorna Heilbron involved for the joint brother-sister story, perhaps spinning off into Anna's spy work as Bartolomew.

Vila pre-arrest (even going back to CF1 and his time on the damaged prison ship, if they wanted).

Tarrant's adventures as a Federation pilot, leading to his disenchantment and going AWOL, plus mercenary adventures up to Star One. Shoehorn in the Kairos run if the running time and the timeframe of the story allow it.

Steven Pacey could also be used for the adventures of Deeta Tarrant, including gunning his way up to Champion of Teal.

Jenna - including her prior adventures with Tarvin/the Amagons and Largo/the Terra Nostra. It's clear her prior meeting with Avalon is going to be covered in this first release.

Cally - adventures as a rebel ending on Saurian Major. It could start with her leaving Auron, with Jan C reprising the role of Zelda as well as Cally. If we include Cally's meeting with Leeharn, the Auron ambassador, then we've assigned an actor to another character only named in the series (like BF did with the President). Leeharn could then pop up about the place too.

Young Servalan - It would mean a recast of course but the adventures of Servalan as a cadet, rising through the ranks. Her run-in with Kasabi, her relationship with Don Keller.

If you could lure John Savident out of retirement, you could do the story of Egrorian, the slimy scientist. A tale of political intrigue in academia. Any young voice could play Pinder. Or alternatively - and perhaps preferably - you could have some adventures with Fleet Warden Samor, "old Star Killer" - tell the story from the other side of the fence. What sort of wars is the Federation fleet involved in? Some kind of secret, ongoing series of run-ins with Andromedan agents, perhaps, and skirmishes with the Epinaarl. Perhaps tie this storyline in with the Del Tarrant one.

We've already had a Destiny/Ortega sequel but there's scope there to revisit them.

Clearly we're also getting Travis before he was promoted to Space Commander, so there's scope there too.

There's lots of other minor characters and locations but I doubt they'd have enough appeal on their own to be a viable entry in the series. It might be worth doing a story of a younger Ensor, but I think (as with a lot of ideas you could bring under this umbrella) it would be better to join them up. Ensor would work much better as a side character in the Egrorian story. Egrorian could be continually enraged by Ensor's greater genius and recognition, for example. You have Egrorian and Ensor cross paths every so often in the story in order to fuel Egrorian's seething rivalry.

Further, interweave into the stories a bunch of characters to use later in a BF PGP S5. Vila is taken as the figurehead of the new rebel movement, but are they all fighting for the same thing? Add in any of the original cast willing to participate in order to build the appeal: Vila, Orac, Tarrant, a Cally clone played by Jan C, maybe Jenna, some other character played by Glynis B, a Zen simulation.

BradPaula
Joe, those are all wonderful ideas. There is a gold-mine of ideas to stlll be had in Blake's 7 so I hope Big Finish is thinking along the same lines.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

Joe, those are all wonderful ideas. There is a gold-mine of ideas to stlll be had in Blake's 7 so I hope Big Finish is thinking along the same lines.

They're terrific ideas - I'll see if I can pass them on to the producers! Wink
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

They're terrific ideas - I'll see if I can pass them on to the producers! Wink

As long as you pass on the Og series idea as well Pfft Pfft

dragonq
To be honest, I thought the new version of Avalon slightly off beam when she appeared in previous audios, but I am happy to give this a go. If Jenna is in it, I will be happy.

I wish they’d give Del Grant a series.

Joe Dredd
dragonq wrote:
I wish they’d give Del Grant a series.

I reckon they're probably already thinking of him, given they know they can use the character and Tom Chadbon has already been up for reprising the role. It seems a dead cert for this kind of line.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
31,879,685 unique visits since 8th January 2014