Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 2

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 861
· Newest Rebel: Johannes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
19% [14 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
7% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
13% [10 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [1 Vote]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
5% [4 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [12 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
12% [9 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
7% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
8% [6 Votes]

Votes: 75
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Kerr Avon
Lurena
i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac236/neoantares/avon/S4E7.gif

A new forum, a new Avon thread!
An renewed invitation to post things that keep you busy about Avon.

....................................................................................................................................

I thought to honour him with starting this again, just because he is very special to me in a special way.
Not what you might think; the character gently saved my child during severe illness.
Oh, and yes, of course I fell for the character. He is clever, honest, gentle(in my opinion he surely is), handsome ( you are welcome to differ opinion) and he has a profound relationship with my favourite character Orac!

i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac236/neoantares/avon/a1ac-1.jpg

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Kerguelen
The story of Avon & Blake.
https://www.youtu...tuNdPgM8eY

BradPaula
Avon would no doubt be able to gain access to all our lost content i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/smileys/e5006080.gif

Alas, also to our bank accounts. i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/smileys/e28118.gif

- B
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
LOL.

You would swap a missing 12000 posts for a missing 12000 dollars!
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Ellen York
Watching the show as a kid, I didn't really take to Avon. I was surprised to find myself relating to him when watching for the first time as an adult. I am also a scientist and an introvert. However, I lack the gift for snark. I think some of his general crankiness results from being an introvert stuck in a closed environment with people he wouldn't have chosen to associate with. If I had to live with five random co-workers, I would be cranky too.
One of the things I enjoy about the show is how human the characters are. I can see something of myself in most of them.

BradPaula
@ Ellen. On first viewing, I kept thinking, "Avon is such a jerk, he should listen to Blake."

On second viewing I kept thinking, "Blake is such a fool, he should listen to Avon." - Brad

littlesue
Having watched the first episode on the 2nd of Jan 1978 and having studied the two page spread in the 1977 Xmas Radio Times, I was looking forward to seeing who the rest of the crew were.....then he appeared. (Although he does show up as the camera pans left over the prisoners.)
I'm afraid once he started speaking and being offhand to Blake, Vila and just about everyone else...well, I was hooked.
Meeting Mr D for the first time was, to say the least, a very nervous experience! But he was just sooooo nice!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Spaceship Dispatcher
Avon has been my favourite character since my first episode on UK Gold, although I have no idea which episode that was.

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Gauda Cheese
Avon is right up there for me as one of my favourite characters ever along with Number 6. The show got better for me when he was in "charge"

winnie-l
No more Mr Nice Guy!!
seis.bris.ac.uk/~phpwl/40.13.-GoesUnpunished.jpg

Robe
One of my favourite Avon and Vila moments is when Avon decides to shoot Vila and eject his body to save their shuttle from crashing back onto the planet. Vila decides to hide, now if this had been Star Trek both men would be offering to sacrifice themselves to save the other person. As much as I love Trek, B7 always had that cynical edge that won me over.Angry

BradPaula
Robe wrote:

One of my favourite Avon and Vila moments is when Avon decides to shoot Vila and eject his body to save their shuttle from crashing back onto the planet. Vila decides to hide, now if this had been Star Trek both men would be offering to sacrifice themselves to save the other person. As much as I love Trek, B7 always had that cynical edge that won me over.Angry

This could have been bad melodrama, but it's not. Good script, good direction, good cinematography, and great acting.
From the moment Orac utters the line, Avon knows what he must do to survive, Vila knows, and we the viewer know.
Few shows of that day would dare approach this the way B7 did.

The question remains whether Avon would have actually done it. I leave that to personal opinion.

- B

meegat39
I'm loving this thread and all the great pictures! Thanks Lurena and Winnie! Hope I haven't missed anyone.

Ellen York
BradPaula wrote:

@ Ellen. On first viewing, I kept thinking, "Avon is such a jerk, he should listen to Blake."

On second viewing I kept thinking, "Blake is such a fool, he should listen to Avon." - Brad

Both statements are true at various times. If they had listened more often, the ending might have been different. I like both characters despite their flaws, but that doesn't stop me sometimes wanting to knock their heads together.

BradPaula
First time through the series I really did not like Avon. He was abrupt, rude and generally superior in attitude to the rest of the crew and was always harping after Blake. It was with successive watches that I realized what a complex character he was and that Blake wasn't the golden boy I had originally thought. But all the more reason to love the program as it showed people with real flaws and also that life was certainly not as simple as many television programs portrayed it to be. My favorite character? Hard to say but I am partial to the triumvirate, Blake-Avon-Vila. -Paula

President Solvite
Avon is your typical computer 'techie' - pulled in many directions but happy in his element with computers.

However take him out of his comfort zone and put him in charge of people - he is a complete disaster.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
trevor travis
Avon in charge "is a complete disaster", as you say PS. He makes Blake look like a role model leader, and considering how bad Blake was as a leader, that takes some doing.

It is one of the ironies of B7 that Avon is also banging on about being in charge, but once that happens 1) he doesn't really want to do it 2) he proves to be a useless leader.

I guess he's a bit unlucky at times e.g. he has a good idea in "Warlord" but it all falls to pieces, but generally most of the cock-ups of latter episodes (e.g. the destruction of the Liberator and Zen) can be firmly placed at Avon's door.

It makes fascinating television to see Avon placed through the wringer, and that's one reason I love Season D. The rest of the crew are depending more-and-more on him as a leader, at a time a highly stressed out Avon (guilt over the events of "Terminal"? ) is becoming less-and-less suitable to be one, until the inevitable car crash occurs.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Avon... makes Blake look like a role model leader, and considering how bad Blake was as a leader, that takes some doing.

Lol. Not sure that anything would make Blake look like a role model leader, but I see your point Oops

meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

It is one of the ironies of B7 that Avon is also banging on about being in charge, but once that happens 1) he doesn't really want to do it 2) he proves to be a useless leader.

I'm not sure Avon ever directly says he wants to be in charge. He really just wanted the Liberator and to be out from under Blake's thumb. The only time he even hinted he might want to be a leader is in Pressure Point when he says something like " with you gone, someone will be needed to take care of all of this". I think he wanted his freedom and he needed the Liberator to achieve it and also a crew to fly it. If he could have gone off on his own with the Liberator then he would have.
Edited by President Solvite on 11 January 2014 10:19:50

President Solvite
Edited slight formatting issue to clarify quote Meegat!

Its interesting isn't it? Avon could have taken the Liberator during Horizon but he didn't.

Despite his flair for the histrionics with Blake he tended to do different things than what his words said. Probably because he accepted that they to a degree complemented each others skills.

I think deep down despite what he said Avon did 'need' people or was it a desire to be 'needed'? It is this ambiguity of Avon's motives I think which is what drives a lot of the interest in his character.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.69 seconds
7,082,188 unique visits since 8th January 2014