Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,257
· Newest Rebel: onlyme

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [31 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [24 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 193
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
B7 Advent Calendar 2020
BradPaula
I hope I'm allowed to quote favorites from the Big Finish Blake's 7 line? My favorite quotes are from the Liberator Chronicles #9 where Grant has joined the crew for the moment. While he is arguing with Avon, he mentions this little zinger to Avon just to needle him. "I like guns. Dayna likes guns..." and lets the sentence float around the flight deck with his intentions. The second is from the same set of discs. Grant and Tarrant, on a mission to a Federation planet, wake up after being drugged in a so called safe house. They escape, Tarrant stealing a ground car with Grant in the passenger seat, shooting at the bad guys. Tarrant, speeding en route to the space port of course drives fast and erratically. Grant shouts to him between gun shots "Are you trying to kill us?" Tarrant shouts back, "No that's their job!"
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Hugbot
It is the 10th of December, and it seems that I am again the first responder to Joe Dredd's prompt (this time Describe visiting a B7 filming location Day). That's the problem of living an hour in the future (*)!

Okay, here goes:

On Mecron, I stepped on TT's hand:
i.imgur.com/kx8aj8e.jpg

For this terrible crime, I was chained to a wall on Horizon:
i.imgur.com/gZQoh0h.jpg

Back on Earth, I went into the ruins of an old church(**) to contemplate my sins:
i.imgur.com/Wwvnw7t.jpg

(*) However, I don't think I'll be the first to answer the 'post a photo of you as a baby or child' challenge on the 17th... let others embarrass themselves first!
(**) Although it is actually a folly, but never mind...

littlesue
Not one, but several location visits...
Memories of B7 Location Trips
AKA
B7 Pub Crawls!

The first thing we B7 fans do when we meet up for a location visit is say hello and hug each other. At Conventions…we hug each other, even if we've only just met you and it’s your first time!!!
I’ve been on four visits and each one had their special moments.
Wookey Hole:
The poor guide was doing her chat, but we were all pointing out and photographing the sites where Mr Stuart Fell…fell in the water.
Where the Mutiods ambushed Avalon etc.
When we finished the tour we all gathered round and explained that Dr Who wasn’t the only BBC show to be filmed here…so we put her right about that!
Then we went to the Pub...

Pyrton Hill, Oxfordshire
Well we all met in the car park, hugged each other and then set off.
.I only managed to get half way up. It is a very long climb, so how did the BBC get everything up that hill??
There is a lovely view from where I wearily sat down. Both Scott and I discussed the merits of Didcot.
We even found wire up there. Was it the Beebs from way back when? Could have been.
Then we descended to the…you guessed it, the Pub.
I like to think that our actors ended up in that pub. The drink and meal were most welcome, I can tell you!!!

Box Hill
The location for Headhunter and there was even the Android wandering about demanding to know where Orac was???
It took a bit of finding. Hubby overshot at least twice, but eventually we found the car park.
Next…where is Clare?
Goodness knows what all the drivers thought as a crowd stood by the roadside trying to spot Clare and her car, but at least she spotted us!
Usual hugs all round and then off to THE bridge, except it isn’t there. So we had to make do with the new bridge where we were joined by THAT Android. Once again Gary was nowhere to be seen, He always misses the Android.
I’m not sure what the public thought as they approached the bridge and came across a load of us with our coats over our heads saying ‘Where’s Orac?” Especially with a strange creature standing behind us with a see through sewing box with lights flashing on and off!
It must have been even more strange when the said strange creature said “ ’ow do?” in a distinct Northern accent!!
Then to the Pub (you may have noticed that this the main reason for the location visits…a pub crawl!)
And then onto the next stop for a few of us intrepid types…yes Betchworth Quarry. It’s changed a bit since our heroes visited this place, several times, over those years. But we did spend some time trying to figure out which part of the cliff edge the ITC white mark one Jag came hurtling over. (You’ll be pleased to know that no cars came near us that day…phew.)
How on Earth Dayna and Tarrant got from the quarry to the bridge is a mystery...ahh the magic of television.
So, if you ever feel inclined to join us on a location visit…please do!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
Quex Park, 2015:
A Bounty-ful day out, organised by Clareblues! Great company, and a lovely tour guide who provided lots of explanations - and access to the tower.
That thing on top is really real, you know! It was interesting to see that apart from the trees being taller, how little had actually changed since the ep was filmed there over 40 years ago.

More details and great photos are on the forum thread here: Quex

www.blakes7online.com/images/news/quex1_400px.png
Twitter: @TravisinaB7

My views are my own
VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

BradPaula
Thre are so many locations to pick, and many we have visited. But three that come to mind are the following places:

i.imgur.com/xUaE3V4.jpg

i.imgur.com/zzX4gPw.jpg

Pyrton Hall, where they filmed the Blake and Avon Terminal scenes. Here we are in 2011 re-enacting the scene with Gareth and Michael. What a day!

i.imgur.com/A4eHnie.jpg

i.imgur.com/YlhhXZ7.jpg

Bamburgh Beach in Northumberland in 2012. Site of Aftermath

And Abingdon Abbey near Steventon where they filmed Pressure Point. 2017 Oh, the venerated door!

i.imgur.com/v5SXtg8.jpg

i.imgur.com/c1TuJ64.jpg

stormypetrel
Apologies for the late posting, but if half of you will demand a sequel inside a week, well...

Avon had been unimpressed by being woken with the information that “there was something he should see”; he was even less impressed once he had seen it.

“Santa,” he said disbelievingly. “So you are telling me that your desire to recreate a childhood ritual has blocked the ventilation system?” Tarrant appeared to struggle for an answer to this; Avon didn’t bother to wait before continuing, “Someone will just have to go in and try to dislodge him.”

Vila suddenly realised everyone’s eyes were on him.

“Oh, no. No. Not me...”

“In you go,” said Tarrant, relieved to be out of the spotlight.

“Why do I have to do it? It’s not my fault he’s stuck in there!”

“Would you rather suffocate?” inquired Avon. “That shaft is responsible for our main air supply.”

Vila still looked reluctant, but he stopped arguing.

“Do I get brandy and a mince pie too?” he demanded, fiddling the grille out of place and looking morosely into the shaft.

“Wait until you come out again,” said Soolin. “Or we might lose you up there as well.” He pulled a face, but wriggled into the opening with a resigned sigh. After a pause, they heard his voice echoing inside the wall.

“Hello! Do you come here often? I usually use the door when I’m breaking in somewhere, myself, but everyone has their own methods...” There was an unintelligible reply, followed by a series of clangs and bangs; then Vila’s face appeared in the shaft opening once more.

“Well?” Avon glared at him.

“It’s no good,” he protested breathlessly. “I can’t shift him. Someone’s going to have to help.”

“Tarrant. As you are responsible for this situation, I suggest you come up with an idea.”

“Could we reach him from the top?” suggested Tarrant doubtfully.

“Why don’t you go and find out?”

“I’ll come with you,” offered Dayna. Nobody made any objection; she and Tarrant set off. Vila began to slide out of the hole in the wall, but his feet had barely touched the ground before Avon instructed,

“Get back up there and get ready to help.”

“Do I have to?” Vila’s shoulders sagged, but he saw Avon’s expression. “All right, I’m going.” He disappeared from view again; there was relative silence for a while, until a faint call of,

“Hello!” suggested Tarrant and Dayna had found the head of the ventilation shaft.

“Hello, young man. I got your letter...” Their visitor sounded as if he was trying to retain his remaining dignity; Tarrant lost his as an incredulous query echoed from below,

“You wrote him a letter?

“Shut up, Vila.”

“What did you ask for?”

Shut up, Vila!”

Vila shut up. It was probably safer. He stood half-listening to Tarrant shouting instructions; something to do with a rope... why couldn’t they get on with it? It was dark in the shaft, and dusty, and he still wanted a drink...

“Pull!” The sudden shout jerked him into action; without thinking, he grasped the legs dangling beside him and tugged. There was a roar as their inadvertent captive found himself being pulled in two directions at once; Vila hurriedly let go, only to give an anguished yell of his own when a shiny black boot caught him in the nose. He staggered, slipped, and tumbled out of the shaft to the accompaniment of further clanging.

Avon and Soolin looked down at him as he lay on the floor with a hand clamped to his face, blood trickling through his fingers.

“I think my nose is broken...”

“You must have been on the naughty list,” suggested Soolin dryly.

“Let us hope your blood sacrifice was worth it,” said Avon. “Did you get him out?”

“I don’t know... I don’t care! Get him out yourself!” Vila removed the hand clutching his nose, saw the blood, and thought better of it.

“Sit up and tip your head back,” Soolin advised him. He shuffled upright, slowly, and leant gingerly back against the wall.

“I’m not going back in there...”

“No one is asking you to,” said Avon shortly. He indicated to Soolin that she should look and see if the shaft had been cleared; she leaned in, twisted to look, and came back out shaking her head. “Then we had better try another method.” He walked out without any further explanation; but it was not long before he returned. “I suggest one of you takes this and puts it on our visitor,” he announced, holding out a teleport bracelet. Vila tilted his head slightly to look at Soolin; she rolled her eyes.

“I’ll do it.” She climbed into the shaft. Avon walked out again, presumably to operate the teleport; Vila, left alone, reached out for the glass of brandy still sitting temptingly by the bottom of the shaft, and downed it in one. Santa, he thought, could donate it for medicinal purposes.

Soolin was the first to reappear, looking surprised to find him still in the same position.

“Hasn’t that stopped yet?” she asked.

“No,” said Vila, swallowing blood.

“The old wives’ remedy is to put a key down your neck.”

His head shot upright. “A key?

“I’m sure we could use a lockpick if you’re feeling particular.”

“I’m feeling sick.” He swallowed again; the blood was definitely making things worse... “If this is Santa’s idea of a present, he can keep it. Can’t I go back to bed?”

“An excellent idea,” said a deep, unfamiliar voice, as footsteps announced the arrival of everyone else. Vila blinked. A large man in a red suit, looking rather dusty and dishevelled, looked back at him. “You’re not even supposed to see me. I certainly can’t hand out the presents if you’re all awake.”

There was a pause; then Avon, still looking as if he wished to be disassociated with the whole affair, spoke.

“Well? You all heard the gentleman. What are you waiting for?”

“Oh, stop it.” Vila groaned and tugged at the blankets. If the others had to go banging on the walls, they might at least synchronise it with the banging in his head... He rolled over just in time to be greeted by the sight of Tarrant’s head poking round his door.

“He’s awake,” came the cheerful announcement. Before Vila could refute this allegation, the door was wide open and everyone else had crowded in.

“Come on, Vila,” said Dayna. “Get up! What did Santa leave you?”

Vila eyed them warily. Now that he was awake, he vividly remembered the previous night; at least, he thought he did. His nose definitely felt like it remembered being kicked, but... he’d hit his head, hadn’t he? And things like that just didn’t happen... He certainly wasn’t going to check with the others. They’d only laugh...

“A headache,” he answered flatly. “Go away.”

Dayna glanced at Soolin; Soolin unhooked something from the foot of the bed.

“See if this makes you feel any better,” she suggested, tossing him what appeared to be a large red sock. A large, heavy, red sock... Vila sat up. He peered hesitantly into it. All right, the gold coins were almost certainly chocolate, but... He glanced uncertainly at Avon, while cautiously extracting a tangerine from the sock.

“Last night...”

“You are the resident security expert, Vila. If you wish to provide an explanation...”

On the whole, Vila thought, he didn’t. Some things were best left...

Annie
It was a victory, of course. After the bodies had been cleared away, Commissionair Sleer accepted the congratulations of her staff, participated graciously in the celebratory feast that followed, and then retired to her quarters. The mutoid servant helped her out of her skin-tight gown and into the loose, silk shift Sleer favoured for sleeping, then retired, having poured a glass of blue ethanol for her mistress.

Alone, Sleer drank from her glass and pulled her redewriter towards her. Now the rebellion was crushed, stage two, her return to high office, must be orchestrated. There were memos to send, orders to issue, allies to be wooed. But the screen blurred as she stared at it and her eyes itched and stung. She felt something cold trickle down her cheek and realised with disgust, and a touch of fear, that she was crying. Why now? Why this feeling of desolation, of utter loneliness? Her success had taken with it the whole purpose of her existence.

All dead. The words revolved in her mind- the realisation churned in her stomach: her ally Travis; her enemy Blake and all he stood for; the lovers that had meant something to her - Keller, Jarvik, Tarrant. The clown, Vila, who had amused her, Dayna with her unshakable hatred - an adversary simple to defeat - and Avon, as easy to fool, yet exerting a fascination that made him such a danger; she had survived them all. But to what end? Power she whispered, hoping the incantation would hold its old magic, reminding herself again that there were still new worlds to conquer.

Defiantly, she drained her glass, briefly nostalgic for curly straws. The best, she acknowledged, was behind her, and what lay ahead, a pale imitation of the fight she had just won on Gauda Prime. But fighting was all she had left.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

JustBrad
Happy Holidays.

Click the link.

https://youtu.be/...

i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Mrs_Underhill
Avon and Grant's Christmas Vacation

They meet again for a much happier occasion: this time Albian needs our heroes to bring holiday cheer (and to set up Christmas lights) for the entire planet! But nothing goes smoothly in Blake's 7 world...

i.imgur.com/mmGy6CW.gif

i.imgur.com/xVbxfc2.gif

i.imgur.com/EH1iPb4.gif

i.imgur.com/NfQSIW6.gif

i.imgur.com/nXA4cyc.gif

i.imgur.com/0URjaIa.gif

i.imgur.com/7seBPWH.gif

Travisina
A puzzle for Day 16:

Random Rewatch Logic Puzzle

With time on their hands during the winter break (not to mention lockdown), three Horizon members wanted to add an extra rewatch to the weekly schedule. But they couldn't agree which episode, what time and on what day. In the end, three separate rewatches took place on consecutive days. Can you figure out who watched what, and when?

INFORMATION - How to solve the puzzle
Click on the image to enlarge. You may want to print out or copy the grid so you can fill it in. Referring to the clues, put a tick in any box that's a definite 'yes' and an X for a definite 'no'. This process narrows down the possibilities, until the grid is filled in and you have the answers which can be used to fill in the table.

Clues, grid and table
www.blakes7online.com/images/news/advent2020_clues_650px.jpg

The solution will be posted on Boxing Day. Have fun!

My views are my own
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Ellen York
Looks like I get to be first this time (it is the 17th across the pond). The quality on these isn't great (scans of old photos) but they are both favorites of mine.

I'm a September birthday, so I was tiny on my first Christmas. Mom and Dad stuck a bow on my head and put me under the tree.

i.imgur.com/yrcasHQ.png

My brother and me wearing the Christmas pajamas our aunt sent us. I was very attached to the hat.

i.imgur.com/t0T7gw5.png

JustBrad
Here's a picture of me about age 6.

(I'm the one wearing glasses).

i.imgur.com/q2plTu4.jpg
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

BradPaula
i.imgur.com/iysYXFC.jpg

I was asked to post this for Lorna Price.

BradPaula
i.imgur.com/5LwSD1f.jpg

Here I am at one year old. Paula Black

Travisina
With my younger sister (there's just over a year's difference in our ages) as I take on the responsibilities of Eldest Sibling.
She complains that I still boss her around. She's right.

www.blakes7online.com/images/news/travisinasis_500px.jpg

My views are my own

littlesue
Just a few from my album...

Me with my first pram circa 1956
i.imgur.com/49TApJA.jpg

Me with my friends, Leda and Louise. I know it looks like a building site, and it was. The flats had only just been built! Circa 1959
i.imgur.com/0AJea9R.jpg

And my fave..me with my lovely Grandad Dawson.He's reading the Story of the Thee Bears to me. Also circa 1959
i.imgur.com/Yt0yZu9.jpg

Joe Dredd
Joe & Rico grew up in the 70s...

i.imgur.com/YKh5PDL.jpg

Hugbot
A bit late to the party, but on the other hand I've got a B7 related pic for you – a ginger mercenary after a jail break! I was destined to become a B7 fan, wasn't I?

i.imgur.com/5nB8aHR.jpg

stormypetrel
Well, if you’re going to humiliate yourself, do it in style:

i.imgur.com/LuXoj9t.jpg
No. No, that is not a toddler-sized sink...

littlesue
Right, let's see what's behind door number 18, why it's a follow on from last month's little epic.....
Just when Avon thought things couldn’t get any worse after last time...

Charity
Or
Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
Or
This is B7…Don’t Ask!

Avon was furious and the music being piped up from Hold Number 2 did nothing to lighten his mood.
“Zen, is it really necessary to have all that racket up here?”
//IT CAN BE TURNED OFF//
“Do it.”
Zen obliged and the Flight deck was once more plunged into silence.
“Why have they got to have a party?”
“There’s always one, isn’t there?”
Avon looked up to see the tall elegant dark blonde standing in front of him. At her feet was a very small robot.
“Can’t have this, can we, Twiki?”
"Who...?” Avon began.
Cally stepped into view, “This is Colonel Wilma Deering and her friend, Twiki.”
“She’s from the 25th Century,” Jenna informed the somewhat taken aback Avon, “And don’t ask how.”
“My little friend Twiki had an invitation, so I thought I ought to accompany him. You never know who he might meet. So why aren’t you joining in the festivities?”
Avon looked at her and then at Cally and Jenna.
“Am I the only person on this ship who has concerns about these robots and what they can do to its systems?”
“Well Cally and I are most grateful,” Jenna began, “After all we at last have someone to do all the dusting, hoovering, washing up…not to mention the ironing.”
“While you, Blake and Vila go planetside and have all the fun,” Cally added, “I’d like more time to meditate with my Moon disc.”
“And I still have the dots to join on my tunic…” Jenna pointed out.
“Well that doesn’t seem fair,” Wilma smiled, “But why have you got all these robots? Are you running a charity for abandoned Robots?”
“A charity?” groaned Avon, “as if I haven’t enough to contend with…”
“It may seem like that, “ Cally explained, “but in reality Vila has an idea that he can make his fortune by producing bottles of a particular Brandy which seems to have ceased trading. Robbie has broken down the component parts of the drink and Vila has found an old abandoned bottling plant…”
“So what’s stopping you getting it up and running?”
“Because the robots are cute, adorable and huggable,” Cally explained.
“And what about me?” Twiki blurted out after making a number of strange noises.
“Oh,” said Jenna, “You’re quite lovable.”
Avon was thoughtful for a moment, “I’ll do the ironing.”
“What? Jenna asked bemused.
“If it helps get these robots off this ship, I’ll do the ironing.”
“Really?” Cally beamed, “And will you get the pleats and seams just right?”
“Yes,” Avon said quite bluntly.
“This calls for a celebration,” Wilma smiled,”Shall we go and join the party?”
Avon got to his feet, “Zen, lay in a course for that bottling plant; standard by 6. Ladies…”
Wilma slipped her arm though Avon’s, “Hm, did anyone ever tell you that your leather top was nice and soft to touch?”
“Frequently…”

The party was in full swing, with a conga line, headed by Orac strapped to a wheeled trolley.
“Come on you old stick in the mud,” shouted Vila above the mayhem.
“We need to talk Vila…” Avon replied.
Blake was standing by the table which was laden with all sorts of goodies. “You really should try that Crème Brule; or the toasted teacakes and crumpets. And don’t get me started on that security robot’s roasted chestnuts.”
“And you must be?” Wilma asked.
“Blake.”
“Pleased to meet you.” Wilma looked over in the corner. There were two more robots watching the festivities, “And who are they?”
“Well, according to Robbie, that one is called Gort, he stays still most of the time, and the other one is called Maria, a bit silent and comes from Metropolis…where ever that is,” Blake explained before popping a roasted Marshmallow in his mouth.
Avon was seething, “Blake, one day we are going to invite aboard a Robot whose intentions are distinctly hostile towards humans...”
“Well, you’re going to have to put an inhibiter head on it aren’t you? Now then Wilma, could I interest you in a Prawn Cocktail Pringle?”
Vila was about to take the conga line round again, but Avon hauled him over.
“I think you have enough robots now to get that production line going.”
“Really, but I’m…we’re having such fun. Do you know what time it is back on Earth right now? Christmas.”
“Really,” Avon said in a bored tone.
“And I believe they just love Brandy at this time of year.”
“So what’s stopping you?”
“Well, there’s obtaining supplies and, of course, organising distribution?”
“I can do that,” Wilma said.
“Who’s she and how did she get here?” Vila asked nervously.
“Colonel Wilma Deering,” Avon replied, “She’s from the 25th Century.”
“How?”
“Don’t ask,” both Jenna and Cally said in unison.
“But you said that you liked having the robots around because they helped you out,” Vila moaned.
“It’s all right; Avon has offered to do the ironing.”
“What?” Vila cried.
“Just so long as he gets the crease in my trousers the right way,” Blake entreated.
“You know, there’s something about a man who dresses in leather and is willing to do the ironing that I find quite attractive,” Wilma smiled.
Twiki piped up, “What will Buck say about that?”
“Buck won’t know about it, will he Twiki?”
Avon just stared at her.
“All right, if you insist,” Vila declared, “We can get to that bottling plant. Robbie can work out what we need and where to get it…but I can pop back, can’t I, just to check on it?”
“I’m sure that can be arranged,” Avon murmured, still not too sure about the glint in Wilma’s eyes.
“Well, this is the last of the Brandy. I understand that back on Earth in the old days they used it in a special way. Now that you have modified the security robot’s flame thrower he can do all sorts of things. Ladies, gentlemen, charge your glasses.”
“What now?” Avon asked.
“You’ll see,” Vila smiled. “This, according to Robbie, is a Christmas Pudding.”
Vila placed the pudding on the table.
“And on Earth they used to pour Brandy over it, just like this,” he poured the last few drops over the pudding, “And then set fire to it…take it away Huggy.”
On cue, the security robot’s flame thrower was aimed at the pudding and a short pulse of fire was emitted.
The pudding was engulfed in a lovely blue flame that danced around it.
“Merry Christmas, everyone,” Vila declared.

i.imgur.com/f7Q36Zu.jpg

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.83 seconds
30,355,764 unique visits since 8th January 2014