Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 2

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Google Translate
Asimov
Hi all,

I notice when ever I come to this page google translate keeps popping up on top of the page.
Does anyone know the reason for this, and is there a way to disable it?

Lurena
Asimov wrote:

Hi all,

I notice when ever I come to this page google translate keeps popping up on top of the page.
Does anyone know the reason for this, and is there a way to disable it?

I had that too.
There was a message on the middle right which said "disable for Danish" . I clicked on it and the translator disappeared.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Asimov
Hi Lurena,

I noticed that danish thing too. Just found on the right options, and there was an option to turn it off. Will let you know if it comes back heh heh.

Was going to say I wish I was Danish then LOL.

Lurena
Asimov wrote:

Hi Lurena,

I noticed that danish thing too. Just found on the right options, and there was an option to turn it off. Will let you know if it comes back heh heh.

Was going to say I wish I was Danish then LOL.

LOL!
Well, it never popped up again for me.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Travisina
It pops up on my mobile device (Android phone) but not on my desktop.
I just ignore it - but if you're finding it a nuisance, I'll see if Website Mutoid can sort it out.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Asimov
Hi Travisina,

Well I thought I had got rid of it by using the options, but it keeps coming back. I am using Mozilla firefox. Thought it might be a plugin got installed on it's own or something.

I am determined to get to the bottom of it.
Asimov
3D Artist
http://www.asimov...ises.co.uk
“You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering.”

Spaceship Dispatcher
Hi Asimov

it appears every time I open Horizon on two different IP addresses, one W7 and the other Vista, on both IE and Firefox; it doesn't come back unless the cookies get deleted, but as I usually have my computers set to delete cookies on shut down it comes back every day! Have found no way to get rid of it apart from keeping all cookies between sessions, but that's not really a good option as far as I understand it from others here with a better grasp of computing.

SD
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Asimov
Hi Spaceship Dispatcher,

Ahh perhaps that is it. I have mozilla so it doesn't store anything on shut down, so it seems it is a cookie problem.
I think we need the cookie monster LOL.

I tell you something when I design websites I never use cookies, always use $SESSION variables, much more robust.
Also cookies are responsible for having all those shopping adds on every page that you visit.

I even run addblock plugin so I don't have to suffer those pesky ads.
Asimov
3D Artist
http://www.asimov...ises.co.uk
“You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering.”

President Solvite
You called!

Also a Mozilla user (as well as IE, Chrome and a few others!)

Indeed Asimov as you know, Sessions are not reliant on the user allowing a cookie. They work instead like a token allowing access and passing information while the user has their browser open. The problem with sessions is that when you close your browser you also lose the session. So, if you had a site requiring a login, this couldn't be saved as a session like it could as a cookie, and the user would be forced to re-login every time they visit.

You can of course get the best of both worlds! But I'm not sure whether fusion can cope with both.. Website Mutoid will be able to say more on this, when she has a moment.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.33 seconds
9,914,798 unique visits since 8th January 2014