Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,249
· Newest Rebel: Teleport

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
RIP Sir Sean Connery
JustBrad
It has been reported that Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90.

I will not bother listing his acting accolades as they are innumerable, and universally known.

I will only say this.

Best. Bond. Ever.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

It has been reported that Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90.

I will not bother listing his acting accolades as they are innumerable, and universally known.

I will only say this.

Best. Bond. Ever.

Yep.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Travisina
Sad news, but what a legend, what a legacy.

My fave non-Bond films are probably Robin & Marion, and The Man Who Would be King.

RIP Sir Sean.

sweevo
RIP, Sir Sean. Sad 90! My goodness. To me, his finest performances were in Robin & Marian, The Name of the Rose, The Untouchables and Highlander.

One Spare Part
I loved him as an actor, especially loving him in pre Bond roles where you see a different side to him. I really loved his attitude. Whether you agreed with him or not, he was no bland fool repeating other people's opinions. He was terrifically FOR REAL. Great character, great actor.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

JustBrad
He was of that mold the likes of which is shared by Humphrey Bogart and John Wayne, in that he played most of his roles in the same way, but you didn't care because it was a Sean Connery movie, and when you watch a Sean Connery movie, you want to see Sean Connery.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

BradPaula
RIP Sir Sean. Bond, James Bond. Always.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

He was of that mold the likes of which is shared by Humphrey Bogart and John Wayne, in that he played most of his roles in the same way, but you didn't care because it was a Sean Connery movie, and when you watch a Sean Connery movie, you want to see Sean Connery.

Exactly that.
See also Clint Eastwood, Sylvester Stallone, Arnie...

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:
My fave non-Bond films are probably Robin & Marion, and The Man Who Would be King.

The Man Who Would Be King is a great film.

I also enjoyed him pop up as King Agamemnon in Time Bandits, but for me his best non-Bond is the black & white B film "Hell Drivers". It's all about tough men driving big trucks hauling gravel, but the cast is top-notch: Stanley Baker, Patrick McGoohan, William Hartnell, Sean Connery, Sid James, Gordon Jackson, Herbert Lom, Alfie Bass, and David McCallum & Jill Ireland.

RIP 007.

Gauda Cheese
Dalton will always be my fave Bond, but wow I love me some From Russia With Love!

My favourite role of Sean's was Jimmy Malone in the Untouchables.

Hell Drivers in on YouTube so I might check that out! Thanks Dredd.

rojkerr1
Lazenby best bond, tho I love Diamonds are forever, connery best in the offence, the Hill, Anderson tapes Man who would be king. Great loss. RIP

One Spare Part
Joe Dredd wrote:

Travisina wrote:

The Man Who Would Be King is a great film.

I also enjoyed him pop up as King Agamemnon in Time Bandits, but for me his best non-Bond is the black & white B film "Hell Drivers". It's all about tough men driving big trucks hauling gravel, but the cast is top-notch: Stanley Baker, Patrick McGoohan, William Hartnell, Sean Connery, Sid James, Gordon Jackson, Herbert Lom, Alfie Bass, and David McCallum & Jill Ireland.

RIP 007.

Also see The Frightened City Connery and Lom from Hell Drivers. Interesting film.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

trevor travis
The late Roger Moore was my favourite Bond, but Sean Connery was the man who launched James Bond from a series of books to a worldwide sensation. RIP.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
29,491,109 unique visits since 8th January 2014