Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,275
· Newest Rebel: Imipac

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [43 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [28 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [14 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [29 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [34 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
13% [25 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 199
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Australia D9: Sand - Sat 31st October
mrsbookmark
Joe Dredd wrote:

We really see Servalan's feelings come to the surface throughout this episode. Even when we don't know why, she looks concerned and worried.

I really love how Jacqueline Pearce is playing this episode.

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

I love the sound fx in this ep, and the spooky not-quite-music.

Vampire sand. The sound effects sound like someone blowing across the top of a milk bottle then fiddling with the tone.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Obsidian
Joe Dredd wrote:

No one notices the sand around Vila like no one noticed all the goop on the Liberator.

Good thing he's wearing desert boots.

Joe Dredd
Obsidian wrote:
Taking up Joe's comment, too, about the glittery dress, the glittery uniforms on the crew and Reeve's silver outfit add to the 'unreal' quality.

Can we get a Wizard of Oz analogy out of this. Reeve, the tin man. Chesgo, the cowardly lion. Dorothy/Servalan heading to the Emerald... er, cabin.

Joe Dredd
Obsidian wrote:
The sound effects sound like someone blowing across the top of a milk bottle then fiddling with the tone.

Sounds like the way the BBC would do it.

Obsidian
Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:
Taking up Joe's comment, too, about the glittery dress, the glittery uniforms on the crew and Reeve's silver outfit add to the 'unreal' quality.

Can we get a Wizard of Oz analogy out of this. Reeve, the tin man. Chesgo, the cowardly lion. Dorothy/Servalan heading to the Emerald... er, cabin.

Yeah, and you know the truth about the Wizard.

Joe Dredd
Obsidian wrote:

Good thing he's wearing desert boots.

Boom-tish!

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Furthermore, the enemy can be dissolved in water.
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:
The sound effects sound like someone blowing across the top of a milk bottle then fiddling with the tone.

This was Elizabeth Parker, wasn't it? Her sound design was fab.
My views are my own.

VILA: I'm entitled to my opinion.
AVON: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.

Twitter: @TravisinaB7

Obsidian
Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Entirely. Did a course on this sort of thing when a youngster SMAD sound, music, art and drama, run by an actor who went on to be well-known. Had a great time.

Joe Dredd
Obsidian wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Um, is it that with up to date science, to most of his clients, he wasn't the Wiz that he was?

That and he knew when it was 'curtains' for him.

Joe Dredd
Obsidian wrote:
Entirely. Did a course on this sort of thing when a youngster SMAD sound, music, art and drama, run by an actor who went on to be well-known. Had a great time.

I love these autobiographical nuggets, Obsidian. It's worth coming here every week.

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

This was Elizabeth Parker, wasn't it? Her sound design was fab.

Yes. I love the interviews with her. She was so excited by what she did. Her enthusiasm is so marvellously catchy.

Tyce
Obsidian wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Tyce seems to have disappeared from the list of users on line.

Im here, want me or not!!!

Of course we want you! You're in our gang!

Cool......

You are sounding verra verra relaxed Tyce.

I discovered Painting with Pinot in Braddon. LOL But you can swap the Pinot for cocktails. Wantta join me some time?

Joe Dredd
Dominant male, herd principle... imagine what people would say if Ben Steed had actually written this.

Obsidian
Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Um, is it that with up to date science, to most of his clients, he wasn't the Wiz that he was?

That and he knew when it was 'curtains' for him.

Grin

Joe Dredd
Tyce wrote:
I discovered Painting with Pinot in Braddon. LOL But you can swap the Pinot for cocktails. Wantta join me some time?

Pinot Evil, as they say.

Pour some in this mug. I'll tip the sand out.

ClareGC
Tyce wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Oh heck. Servalan's not maintaining the 1.5m distance.

Hahahahahahaha!

Perhaps thats the explanation - on Vern the mysterious disease is covid19.

They're not doing a great job (by 2020 standards) with their social distancing or quarantining from the sand.
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

Joe Dredd
i.imgur.com/d0aogE1.png

Joe Dredd
<<Joe, don't say anything about being the only male participating in this thread.>>

<<DON'T DO IT, JOE!>>

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.17 seconds
31,879,798 unique visits since 8th January 2014