Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,244
· Newest Rebel: paulboy

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
42nd Anniversary Rewatch - C13 Terminal
trevor travis
The episode: Colin Thirteen – Terminal (Carry On Through The Particle Cloud)
The date: Tuesday, September 29th, 2020
The time: 7.45pm UK time

All good things must come to an end, as perhaps my favourite season of anything ever comes to a conclusion. In which (rather huge spoilers coming up) the Liberator is destroyed (sob!!), Zen dies (even bigger sob!!), Servie says “MAXIMUM POWER”, and the crew are stranded on the planet Terminal with Deep Roy to keep them company in a gorilla suit.

Episode in a word: Finale (the working title of the episode).
Character to cheer: Vila for saving Orac at the last minute due to clever bit of invention.
Character to boo: Oh, Avon, what did you do? Much of your criticism of Blake was valid, but here you repeat almost his every mistake. Not telling the crew your plans CHECK. Taking reckless risks CHECK. Falling into an obvious trap CHECK. Ignoring the advice of a fellow crew member, and therefore being responsible for their subsequent death CHECK. Yes indeed, just like Blake in “Pressure Point”, there will be a price to pay.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week?: Yes.
Recognisable Face… or rather recognisable voice: Gillian McCutcheon (Kostos) was the voice of the therapist in the mid-90s twenty-something drama This Life.
Best exchange: SERVALAN: “You don't seem surprised to see me.” AVON: “If it was a trap, it had to be yours. The precise planning, the meticulous detail, the general flair; who else could it be?” SERVALAN: “Thank you. That you of all people should appreciate my work is very flattering.”

Blake's 7 will return… or will it? We’ll have to wait for the continuity announcement over the end credits.

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/B7gu42d.jpg

M1795537 OC Virn

Love the way you show each and every one of those shoulder studs, Huggy.
You're not sulking, I hope?

JustBrad
i.imgur.com/khf9y4s.jpg
i.imgur.com/cC3Wcna.jpg
Edited by JustBrad on 27 September 2020 04:32:21
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Travisina
LOL, Huggy and Brad!
Huggy gets bonus points for referencing my favourite movie! Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

littlesue
This time I made sure that the kettle and tea and mug were behind locked doors...so therefore I was able to open this thread without fear of getting my keyboard wet, despite the two gentlemen's best efforts!
With regards to 2001...my dear old Dad spent the entire movie asking me, quietly as we were in the cinema...'What's going on?'
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

One Spare Part
I was allowed to go see 2001- when it was doing the rounds again, in the 70s, - in company with my brother and his schoolmates. 4 rows in front of us in the ABC sat 2 lads a couple of years younger than me. All the way through the Moongazer scenes they were complaining very loudly: I thought this was supposed to be a science fiction film! Waaaah! God knows what they would have made of the ending, thankfully they left after a friend of my brother's gave them a very erudite telling off. They must have thought they were on a different planet! Lol. No aliens, no lasers, no heads ripped off, no females with weird hairdos, no robots. Just monkeys, waltzes, Daisy Daisy and a starchild.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

JustBrad
I saw 2001 as in my early teens in the 70's and just shook my head.
Saw it again in my mid twenties because 2010 was coming out, and I went... Oh.... Wow. I get it. Wow.
Then I saw 2010 and went OH OH OH OH OH !!! WOW !!!!!! WOW !!!!
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Travisina
I saw 2001 at the impressionable age of 11, at the Empire Leicester Square. Blew my little socks off, and became - and remains - my fave film of all time.

I got the big, glossy souvenir brochure, and used to sleep with it under my pillow and dream of flying to the moon. Decades later, at a Film & Comic Con, I was able to have it autographed by Keir Dullea Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

littlesue
I remember Dad being totally fixated by the StarChild and he stood in the aisle watching it as everyone else tried to get out of the screen before the National Anthem started. (In those days, one had to stand still when that played!) Needless to say, poor old Dad and me were left standing still in an empty cinema!!! Those were the days...a tub of vanilla ice-cream with a wooden spoon for 2 shillings and 6 pence and a plastic cup with orange juice in it with foil lid and push through straw.
I don't recall if there was a B feature with it because it was such a long film.
My most fave double feature had to be American Graffiti as the main feature with Silent Running as the B feature (plus the Pearl & Dean Ads)
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis

TARRANT: Ah, hello Moloch.
LINK: I'm not Moloch. I'm what humanity will become in the future.
TARRANT: But?????????

briggsy1
I always loved the fluid particles concept, eating away at the Liberator hull like a cancer. Very visceral. Is it an original SF idea by Mr.Nation or did he copy it from somewhere else I wonder? Also, I've often thought Terminal would have made a better ending for the show than Blake, but it was such a clever how-do-our-heroes get out of that denouement that the BBC was almost forced into making season 4. (No doubt good ratings helped as well.)

One Spare Part
In the Terminal vs Blake which-is-the-better-end? debate: the death of Zen and the destruction of the Liberator affects me more and more every time I watch Terminal. A definite ending for them. But the crew are left in a will they or won't they survive cliffhanger: a great idea which has been used to great effect in TV,Film and Literature. But....I think this crew and the whole set up of the story of B7 deserved a FINAL end. The shock of the last scenes is up there with the great endings in ANY genre of TV shows. To have left them high and dry, I think, would have trivialised B7 to the level of some of the TV SF shows that were cut down mid story. The better shows ended in this way are recalled with frustration, the worst have sunk into obscurity before they had a chance to improve. Blake gives us a hard shock, a talking point, an END. Tragic brilliance.

trevor travis
One Spare Part wrote:

In the Terminal vs Blake which-is-the-better-end? debate: the death of Zen and the destruction of the Liberator affects me more and more every time I watch Terminal. A definite ending for them. But the crew are left in a will they or won't they survive cliffhanger: a great idea which has been used to great effect in TV,Film and Literature. But....I think this crew and the whole set up of the story of B7 deserved a FINAL end. The shock of the last scenes is up there with the great endings in ANY genre of TV shows. To have left them high and dry, I think, would have trivialised B7 to the level of some of the TV SF shows that were cut down mid story. The better shows ended in this way are recalled with frustration, the worst have sunk into obscurity before they had a chance to improve. Blake gives us a hard shock, a talking point, an END. Tragic brilliance.

Agreed - Blake delivers the shock that B7 deserved.

I didn't feel that I was watching "the end" with Terminal in March 1980 - just the end of that current season. Although I do remember being very upset over the death of Zen. So upset that I told my dad, who missed the episode because he was a training course, that Blake was back. The following year, during the repeat, by which time I was eight, I released my mistake.

But it didn't feel like the end. Of course, there was the continuity announcement over the end titles, just in case anyone was in any doubt.

I've have felt cheated at that point. I'd only got into B7 with Aftermath - technically, it was on after my bedtime, but it was the school holidays. For Volcano (or possibly Powerplay), the schools were back and I was told I had to go to bed once it was my bedtime (looking at the transmission time, I would deduce my bedtime was 7.30pm, 15 minutes into the episode). But I didn't move for 55 minutes until the episode had ended, at which point my parents realised I was still up and then I was allowed to stay up later on a Monday night. I loved B7 because it was a show on after my bedtime, for adults, and for that to end after just 13 weeks...

Plus while Season Colin is my favourite, it doesn't wrap up the overall arc nearly as well as Derek, which turns things full circle with the Federation back as powerful as ever...

Blake tore my heart out, left me devastated, I went into primary school for the final day of the term the following day in a daze, and I was still dejected over that Christmas. B7 deserved THAT kind of unforgettable ending, even though it meant it took me around 20 years to stop hating the final episode and realise what a great piece of television it is.
Edited by trevor travis on 29 September 2020 10:55:20

One Spare Part
TT, I too spent many years hating the final episode. I avoided watching it when I rewatched the rest of the series. It was only when I joined Horizon and did my 1st ever joint rewatch of all four seasons that I could finally get through Blake and give it the credit it was due. To me, the end recaptured the excitement of the beginning. Terminal maybe marks the end of the Blake era - despite Roj not being in the 3rd season - and signals the way forward albeit a hopeless, desperate future. All of season 4 feels like a spiral into death....
...oh, I feel so cheery now....AngryAngry

Hugbot
One Spare Part wrote:

Want some prawn cocktail pringles to cheer you up - ? Pfft

trevor travis
One Spare Part wrote:

TT, I too spent many years hating the final episode. I avoided watching it when I rewatched the rest of the series. It was only when I joined Horizon and did my 1st ever joint rewatch of all four seasons that I could finally get through Blake and give it the credit it was due. To me, the end recaptured the excitement of the beginning. Terminal maybe marks the end of the Blake era - despite Roj not being in the 3rd season - and signals the way forward albeit a hopeless, desperate future. All of season 4 feels like a spiral into death....

13 weeks of spiraling to death to go... woo-hoo Grin Grin Grin

On the bright side, we've still got to come... sticking croissants to our heads for Animals and pulling our sweaters over our heads for Headhunter - WHERE IS ORRRRRRRRRRRRAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

We'll also reintroduce the B7 drinking game for Season Derek Grin
Edited by trevor travis on 29 September 2020 16:47:23

trevor travis
Hugbot wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Want some prawn cocktail pringles to cheer you up - ? Pfft

We must remember to ask Vila to smuggle them off Libby before it blows up Wink

One Spare Part
Hugbot wrote:

One Spare Part wrote: