Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,244
· Newest Rebel: paulboy

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Liberator Chronicles Relisten - 8.1 President
trevor travis
The episode: (8.1) President by Simon Guerrier
The date: Monday, September 28th, 2020
The time: 7.45pm UK time

The Big Finish blurb:

Alone together, two Federation officials at last share the truth. Supreme Commander Servalan agrees to explain to Secretary Rontane how she set up the President.

And when she is done, Servalan’s executioners will be waiting...

trevor travis
I really like this one, but won't be able to make it tonight. Hope everyone has fun with the relisten and I'll catch up later in the week.

BradPaula
Hello!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
I've started.

ClareGC
Hi Paula. I've started too! I don't remember this one...
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

BradPaula
ClareGC wrote:

Hi Paula. I've started too! I don't remember this one...

It's very good. Two excellent actors in this one, Jax and Peter Miles.

BradPaula
Oh, Peter Miles. That acid, nasal voice!

ClareGC
Servalan makes me wary in these Chronicles (after the brilliant, but horrifying, 'Three'Wink.

Already (in her early career), she's after the President, and playing the game extremely well.

BradPaula
ClareGC wrote:

Servalan makes me wary in these Chronicles (after the brilliant, but horrifying, 'Three'Wink.

Already (in her early career), she's after the President, and playing the game extremely well.

Yes, that's the high mark of her acting talents on display in that one.

ClareGC
I do enjoy hearing the politics of the Federation, and how they managed the Blake situation. And of the ordinary affairs of the people.

Talking of affairs, I like how the story of Servalan and the President is being told from the cell.

BradPaula
ClareGC wrote:

I do enjoy hearing the politics of the Federation, and how they managed the Blake situation. And of the ordinary affairs of the people.

Talking of affairs, I like how the story of Servalan and the President is being told from the cell.

One of the highlights of Big Finish audios is the fleshing out of characters and the history of the Federation, etc. They get it correct most times.

BradPaula
Sometimes, even a Blake's 7 story gets very close to our real life.

ClareGC
BradPaula wrote:

Sometimes, even a Blake's 7 story gets very close to our real life.

Set amongst the ordinary variety of people just surviving their lives, and queueing to see the 'celebrity', I can see a lot of similarities.

The meeting of the common people is so orchestrated. Servalan (Jacqueline) is full of subtle emotion in everything she's explaining.

BradPaula
I think I enjoy the inner workings of the Federation type of stories best. You really get a feeling of the absolute fascism in it.

BradPaula
Servalan being so calculating. One of the few women who broke the glass ceiling. Or is that space glass ceiling?

ClareGC
The political stories in the audiobooks have a much more serious feel compared to the "space opera" TV show. I know from the show how the Federation does politics, but it's only in these audio stories that I'm really considering the violent and sickening nature of fascism.

The description of the "terrorists" actions on Mars, and the aftermath, is so detailed that I could be there. It's frightening.

There is so much scheming in this, from Servalan, the President and Rontane. It's extremely well written, but I'm struggling to follow it all (On first listen, without rewinding).

ClareGC
The story also has a very adult theme in the way Servalan is seducing the President, and vice versa (If I'm even following this relationship / power struggle / entertainment / de-stressing. Or whatever they were doing).

BradPaula
ClareGC wrote:

The story also has a very adult theme in the way Servalan is seducing the President, and vice versa (If I'm even following this relationship / power struggle / entertainment / de-stressing. Or whatever they were doing).

In my opinion, refreshing. It's so real life. Of course this is another stunning story by Simon Guerrier.

BradPaula
I'm reminded of Servalan's meeting with Rontane in the episode. The 'dirty grey area of your politics' I believe she said. How apt.

ClareGC
BradPaula wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

In my opinion, refreshing. It's so real life. Of course this is another stunning story by Simon Guerrier.

It's a brilliant story! Very detailed and complicated! I try to keep my life uncomplicated. I think I can understand the games they're playing, but I'll need quite a few relistens to follow all the aspects of the story.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.80 seconds
28,912,209 unique visits since 8th January 2014