Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,244
· Newest Rebel: paulboy

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Australia D4: Stardrive - Sat 26th September
Joe Dredd
Tyce wrote:
But can I get a pizza faxed over?

Give it another couple of decades......... in the mean time you’ll have to stick to the teleport.[/quote]

The food's nicer by teleport. The fax makes it all... toner-y.

Obsidian
trevor travis wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

I thought the reason that she pauses before making the last connection, is that she knows it's the last thing she'll do. (But maybe that's just how I justify continuing to like Avon after this episode).

I don't blame Avon for doing what he did. After all, he knew they would all be dead if he didn't sacrifice her. His chilly reaction afterwards for me was the part that was hard to swallow. However, even that I can justify. Better to pretend it never happened and move on or at least that was his mindset?

Yes. As he said, she's dead either way. But, his reply at the end is chilling. I see what you mean, about putting it out of his mind to cope with it. I've been choosing to believe Avon has amnesia from all those clonks on his head, as my method to cope with it.

War is nasty. They aren't playing at soldiers. B7 = not a kids' program.[/quote]

Ironically, the fact that B7 was not a kids' programme was one major reason I liked it... as a kid Wink[/quote]

One of the reasons I liked similar programs as a kid – they didn't lie to you about life. Happy endings, especially of the Hollywood kind, have always struck me as terribly insincere.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Here is H.E. Cooper's blog on the subject of Stardrive. She's watching the series for the first time, managing to avoid any spoilers, and her blogs are a joy.
Visual Mutterings

I was thinking about her review before the episode started. She seems to be doing one every week, so we're pretty much on track with her. I'm so glad she's keeping away from spoilers (apart from the first B7 mag). Hopefully she'll survive Animals well enough to make it to Gold, Orbit and the very last episode.

According to her posts on Twitter, SHE LIKED ANIMALS!!! I can't wait to read her blog about that.

Gasp! Well, you gotta love Og.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:
According to her posts on Twitter, SHE LIKED ANIMALS!!!

Thoughts:
1. And we were just talking about Avon being clonked on the head...
2. Well, someone's got to, along with Una McC.
3. Excellent. Each to their own. We all have our own tastes. I'm glad she enjoyed it.

Joe Dredd
Well, I've got to run. Thanks everyone for the company. Have a great weekend!

Travisina
That was lots of fun - thanks, everyone for the great company!
Stay safe, wherever you are.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

ClareGC
Thanks for a very enjoyable rewatch everyone. See you next time.

The blog looks excellent, Travisina, I really must make time for it!
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

Ellen York
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:
Ah, a Garuda. You're always safe with him and so are your faxes.

We never seem to have any faxes. It must be eating them.

Does anyone send faxes any more?

Why bother when you can email?

Exactly.

Catching up on the thread over breakfast and had to chime in on the faxes. When I got my current job part of the new-hire paperwork had to be faxed. I was surprised and joked about the 90's wanting their fax back. Had to go to a copy shop to do it, but the guy there said it wasn't uncommon with that type of paperwork. Then I started the job and found out that we fax things every day. I work in medical testing and the patient records generate a shocking amount of paper. About half the samples we get are from other hospitals (we do very specialized testing) and the results for the external samples are reported by fax. I'm actually getting trained on how to do it, a skill I didn't expect to need Grin I'm glad we don't have a Garuda guarding our machine as it is out in the middle of the office.

Travisina
Ellen York wrote:
Catching up on the thread over breakfast and had to chime in on the faxes. When I got my current job part of the new-hire paperwork had to be faxed. I was surprised and joked about the 90's wanting their fax back. Had to go to a copy shop to do it, but the guy there said it wasn't uncommon with that type of paperwork. Then I started the job and found out that we fax things every day. I work in medical testing and the patient records generate a shocking amount of paper. About half the samples we get are from other hospitals (we do very specialized testing) and the results for the external samples are reported by fax. I'm actually getting trained on how to do it, a skill I didn't expect to need Grin I'm glad we don't have a Garuda guarding our machine as it is out in the middle of the office.

Hi Ellen! Nice to have you joining in Smile
My disastrous relationship with fax machines goes back to the early '80s, when they were new-fangled things. I'd landed a temp job in the customer service department of a company that made them, and had to deal with phone calls from people who couldn't figure out how to use them, or what to do if they went wrong. I didn't have a clue, and the darn things never worked when I was testing them. Subsequent machines, in subsequent jobs behaved likewise. I'm sure they did it on purpose.

Incidentally, the fax machine company was called Kalle Infotec - and 'Kalle' was pronounced 'Cally'. So there is a B7 connection to this story!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
28,995,334 unique visits since 8th January 2014