Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,243
· Newest Rebel: Dan Hadley

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [40 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 187
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Reading Pratchett: Witches Abroad - 27th Aug 2020
stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I'm not complaining, though. Most of his characters are worth a book to themselves, really.

They really are. And it's fun when they overlap.

People do overlap, anyway, in real life. I could draw a Venn diagram with the ones I know.

M1795537 OC Virn
Maskerade is Pratchett's take on Phantom of the Opera. Sort of.
You're not sulking, I hope?

stormypetrel
I’ll look out for a copy.

M1795537 OC Virn
stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

I'm not complaining, though. Most of his characters are worth a book to themselves, really.

People do overlap, anyway, in real life. I could draw a Venn diagram with the ones I know.

And then the opposite happens, and you find there's people living in the same street that you've never even seen.....Life is weird, sometimes.

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

And then the opposite happens, and you find there's people living in the same street that you've never even seen.....Life is weird, sometimes.

Only sometimes?

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

My life is compartmentalised, with work, B7, family, religion each occupying separate, non-overlapping bubbles. One of the reasons I never wanted to join Facebook is that the occupants of each bubble would be bemused/confused/appalled at what I get up to with the others.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Only sometimes?

Always!

M1795537 OC Virn
Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

My life is compartmentalised, with work, B7, family, religion each occupying separate, non-overlapping bubbles. One of the reasons I never wanted to join Facebook is that the occupants of each bubble would be bemused/confused/appalled at what I get up to with the others.

Ooooo! Tell all!

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Well, I try to keep it like that, but then they somehow spill over anyway...

M1795537 OC Virn
Do you find people don't really understand this continuing thing we have about B7?

stormypetrel
Yes.

M1795537 OC Virn
I know this is off topic but did either of you watch any 'Dust' films yet?

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Do you find people don't really understand this continuing thing we have about B7?

People who aren't in B7 don't understand the continuing thing with B7.

Family don't approve of my lifestyle.

UK friends don't know my family in Israel (and vice versa)

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

No. What’s that? Have I missed something?

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Not yet! I'm halfway through so many things. Reading this book. Listening to 'A Walk in the Dark' (see elsethread). Watching the Supreme Commander's sister in an online production of Troilus & Cressida.

M1795537 OC Virn
Sorry, this is supposed to be Pratchett.... Dust is a Youtube channel with LOADS of great SF short films.

Travisina
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Sorry, this is supposed to be Pratchett.... Dust is a Youtube channel with LOADS of great SF short films.

It's on my To Watch list!

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Ah! No, I probably can’t, then. I only have 50gb of internet a month. Streaming’s out. The joys of rural Northumberland’s lack of broadband...

M1795537 OC Virn
I wonder if other nationalities understand the 'Brits Abroad' references in the book (the one we're supposed to be discussing) like the Pidgin French and the food thing.

stormypetrel
We’re not really discussing Pratchett, are we? More life and the universe...

But I bet other nationalities who’ve been on the receiving end of saint pidgin French etc recognise it!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
28,774,471 unique visits since 8th January 2014