Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Things you liked about Season 4
peladon
magnificat wrote:

Hi Lurena,

I've answered here to avoid filling this thread up with my Avon thoughts.

well I wouldn't say that any of those things makes him a sociopath - even before you factor in circumstances, and the circumstances are pretty extraordinary.

peladon
trevor travis wrote:

peladon wrote:
P50 can only be deliverd one shot at a time - not seeded in air or water or food - not much use if you have limited troops left and need to spread it quickly over a load of worlds that threaten to unite against you.

Sorry Peladon, but you're mistaken here.

From "Warlord":
AVON: "Originally the stuff was administered by medical laser, but now they have developed variants. It can be fed into your reservoirs or even into the air that you breathe."

Hence the whole reason Avon forms an anti-Federation alliance in the first place.... he feels threatened. Avon looks after No 1.... with the increasing threat of Pylene 50, he's realised it's the time to take action.

The comment was made re Traitor. By Warlord its sounding more of a contender (a little better thought out) but it remains a double edged sword that could as easily be used against its creators. Make you wonder why Avon didnt do just that doesnt it?

trevor travis
peladon wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

peladon wrote:
P50 can only be deliverd one shot at a time - not seeded in air or water or food - not much use if you have limited troops left and need to spread it quickly over a load of worlds that threaten to unite against you.

Sorry Peladon, but you're mistaken here.

From "Warlord":
AVON: "Originally the stuff was administered by medical laser, but now they have developed variants. It can be fed into your reservoirs or even into the air that you breathe."

Hence the whole reason Avon forms an anti-Federation alliance in the first place.... he feels threatened. Avon looks after No 1.... with the increasing threat of Pylene 50, he's realised it's the time to take action.

The comment was made re Traitor. By Warlord its sounding more of a contender (a little better thought out) but it remains a double edged sword that could as easily be used against its creators. Make you wonder why Avon didnt do just that doesnt it?

All drugs get devoloped over time, so the progression we see with Pylene 50 is a logical one.

I don't think Avon ever had the formula to Pylene 50, just the antidote. Although never stated on screen, I would guess leading figures in the Federation would have already made themselves immune.

I guess Avon could he tried to gain the actual formula to the drug through Orac, but as we know, Orac inflates his own abilities and is a bit rubbish Grin

peladon
trevor travis wrote:

I guess Avon could he tried to gain the actual formula to the drug through Orac, but as we know, Orac inflates his own abilities and is a bit rubbish Grin

Err not really Orac can read any tarriel cell computer and even if it couldnt locate the formula (and I doubt the Federation at this point could afford to replace all its tarriel cells) reverse engineering from the antidote would not be beyond the abilities of any super computer. As for Oracs abilities being over rated that is not true prior to Series D when that get out is frequently used to gloss over plot holes.Smile

As for drugs being refined over time - well yes, given the resources and opportunity. The Federation has no real resources any more and if you assume a year between the two episodes its pushing it a bit to advance it that far. Nor does it resolve the issues- seed the water supply and suddenly youve got a whole new logistics chain nightmare.

trevor travis
peladon wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Err not really Orac can read any tarriel cell computer and even if it couldnt locate the formula (and I doubt the Federation at this point could afford to replace all its tarriel cells) reverse engineering from the antidote would not be beyond the abilities of any super computer. As for Oracs abilities being over rated that is not true prior to Series D when that get out is frequently used to gloss over plot holes.Smile

Orac is a bit rubbish from Barney onwards.

If he was all he was cracked up to be, he could have e.g. stopped the countdown in Countdown, or simply stopped Star One from working in Star One. He doesn't because he can't.

Henry Eggleton
Alternatively its personality chip was so bad that only Avon could get it to do anything
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
peladon
trevor travis wrote:

peladon wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Orac is a bit rubbish from Barney onwards.

If he was all he was cracked up to be, he could have e.g. stopped the countdown in Countdown, or simply stopped Star One from working in Star One. He doesn't because he can't.

Not true. The fuse on that bomb looks pretty mechanical - so no computer would have been much use - which might be why it is mechanical of course (try hard enough and you can sometimes find real reasons for rubbish effectsGrin)

As for Star One - Orac probably could, and I think that Avon suggests as much earlier, however it would need to be instructed to do so and it was pretty clear that Blake wasnt going to allow that to happen. As for the rest Orac is pretty effective where it would be expected and when instructed. Until that last series ofcourse.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.23 seconds
9,806,595 unique visits since 8th January 2014