Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 925
· Newest Rebel: uazdah

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Things you liked about Season 4
Invisible shadow
Or thought were better than seasons 1,2,3. Handguns for 1, numerous clips with different stuff in em, poison, bullets etc. Old ones looked cooler though. New sound was better I thought. Teleport slightly better effects.

Rather liked Og. The idea of a base was a good idea also. German raiders of both wars used unpopulated Islands to hide out, repair engines etc. Kergulens in Indian Ocean & various pacific atolls also.

Orion...
atoll of Ailinglapalap, in the Marshall Islands. There she met the supply ship Regensburg, 8068 tons, from which she took some 3000 tons of fuel-oil as well as stores and provisions http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/tm/scholarly/tei-WH2-1Epi-c2-WH2-1Epi-j.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerguelen_Islands

The German auxiliary cruiser Atlantis called at Kerguelen during December 1940. During their stay the crew performed maintenance and replenished their water supplies.

GoldChannel
almost everything

the new crew line-up

the new visual aesthetic - greys, silvers, whites

Avon's increasingly mannered behaviour (love Darrow's performances)

the stories

Servalan

magnificat
The teleport effect was pretty.

Gauda Cheese
Pretty much everything (minus Animals and Cancers death scene)

It looks better, from the sets, to the consumes and the models etc etc.

I prefer the tone of the season which is darker and makes you feel these are impossible odds. No super-ship to save them.

It also have the shows most consistent run of stories from Headhunter to the end.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

Joe Dredd
I like the look of Orac in this season best, also Avon and Vila's initial S4 costumes and Tarrant's latter one. Servalan's ship, the one that looks like a Cylon raider, was a huge improvement on the dead whale from S3. Roj Blake - his outfit, his attitude, his scar.

Gauda Cheese
And to be crass

Soolin's butt.

trevor travis
Derek rocks.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Things you liked about Season 4...

The episodes Games and Gold, Tarrant/Servalan in Sand, the Slave computer, Caroline Holdaway and Glynis Barber.

Or thought were better than seasons 1,2,3...

Just Soolin! Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

rojkerr1
Some of the best episodes of the show, Orbit, Sand, Blake, general grittiness and air of desperation, removed from the all powerful liberator, the crew are really forced to live on their nerves, the feeling that Avon is gradually losing it....

purplecleric
rojkerr1 wrote:

Some of the best episodes of the show, Orbit, Sand, Blake, general grittiness and air of desperation, removed from the all powerful liberator, the crew are really forced to live on their nerves, the feeling that Avon is gradually losing it....

You took the words right out of my mouth....

Invisible shadow
I liked the inside of Cancer ship. No one liked the base idea then eh?

The ceiling of Servelan's ship also I liked.

GoldChannel
Invisible shadow wrote:

I said 'almost everything'.... this includes Xenon base Grin

GC...... ah, so I am not alone in an admiration of a certain gunslinger's derriere...!!

Klenotka
I think I may be the one of two (?) people here who thought Season 4 was the best. I absolutely loved the depressing and bleak atmosphere of it. Yes, it had some bad episodes but I think Season 3 had much worse, imo. Also, watching it after you know what happens in the end, you can see how everything goes to hell since...Gold?
They lost the perfect ship which had an unlimited supply of food, money, clothes and was very difficult to defeat. I always wondered how would Blake handle season 4 situation, if he was there. Everything fell into his lap in the beginning, including - more or less - loyal crew of people. Avon and others had literally nothing in the beginning yet they managed to get a ship, a valuable allie (Soolin, who I liked from the beginning), and achieved a small victory here and there.

But after Gold...everything seemed to go to hell, including Avon´s mind...

I loved Gold, btw. I love heist stories and this was perfect.

The only thing I had a problem with was Servelan there but the issues about it are well known. And Sand.... I hated that episode Grin

Sorry for gushing about season 4...Grin

Gauda Cheese
GoldChannel wrote:

Invisible shadow wrote:

I said 'almost everything'.... this includes Xenon base Grin

GC...... ah, so I am not alone in an admiration of a certain gunslinger's derriere...!!

Its GOLD!

meegat39
It's a very close run thing for me, but Season Derek just beats Season Colin by one episode, with Derek containing 8 of my favourite episodes and Colin containing 7. Like yourselves I love the doomy feel to Season D and the "rushing to their own destruction" undertone. Brilliant!!

Sorry but I couldn't resist posting this too in celebration of Avon and Season D craziness etc! It was made by Zukalis a Horizon member (formerly Alfakat) on the old site.

https://www.youtu...HCSxAAsetM
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

clareblues1
I find it hard to choose a favourite season...but I do have episodes from all that I favour more than others...

In no particular order...Traitor, Warlord, Sand, Gold and Blake probably grab my attention most of all and are the ones I tend to re-watch the most.
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

JustBrad
The first half of season four is mostly rebooting the series after the losses from Terminal (no Blake, no Liberator, no Teleport, no Ship, no Cally....

After a fast start with Rescue, S4 fizzles for me, until the last four episodes, whch are epic,

Child Of Auron
Series D/4/Derek/the last series/the 1981 series etc is probably my second favourite

I think Soolin is a brilliant addition to the team and quickly outshines Dayna, even though she is a slow burner but by Headhunter she is a character in her own right

The stories are grittier and more doom laden which I like. The fluffiness of the earlier series has well and truly gone.

I do really enjoy the rapid downhill slide from Gold as things just go more and more wrong.

Things I don't like about it are:-

Servalan. I love the character but she should have died on Liberator, a much better ending for her.

The cheap looking special effects - witness the pursuit ships in Stardrive and the explosion of Cancer's ship in Assassin

And of course, there is no Cally. I wonder what the series would have been like if Jan Chappell had agreed to do it. Have there ever been any fanfic of a parallel universe where Cally had survived?

Also, does anyone else think that Terminal is really the first episode of Series D? It, obviously, flows into Rescue but it is just as doom laden as the 13 episodes which follow. Everything goes wrong and our heroes come out losers. And IMO Avon's character feels more in tone with Series D than the rest of Series C

President Solvite
What do I like in Season D?

Well,
There was some impressive model work
(Scorpio launch and land sequences, Scorpio docking with Space Princess) Cylon raider ship in Animals. The bounty hunter concept for Blake.

I like the concept of the base, despite the poor execution otherwise of season D.

There are a few acceptable episodes. Headhunter and Traitor are the better episodes in my view, honourable mentions to Rescue and Blake.

The return of GT in Blake proved to me that you needed a Blake in Blake's 7. Despite the episodes little ropey plotting (but not as bad as other episodes) it all climaxes into a memorable finale.

I agree though Servalan should have stayed dead at the end of C or given a MUCH more credible explanation of how she survived.

Season A and B light and fluffy? Hmm.. well I can't say I agree, child molestation, brain washing, torture, corruption and murder all in the first 50 minutes! TWB was typical 70's Sci-fi fare, grim and dark and convincing (this is a good thing!) despite the low budget. Whilst this may have been hinted at during later episodes the delivery wasn't was convincing in my view.

This is not a jaundiced 40 something saying this either. I had a similar view back in my more tender years, if anything my opinion on Season D has softened and become more conciliatory! Pfft

Terminal was meant to be a finale, which Blake essentially replays. It is not my favourite Season C episode which is a shame because it all started off so strongly in Aftermath and Powerplay.

But still Season D beat Triangle and was far superior to the offerings on the other side like Buck Rogers and Metal Mickey.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
GoldChannel
funnily enough, I just bought the book 'Cult TV' at the weekend, and looked up B7's entry.

It describes the show as "the cultiest of British cult tv" and describes 'Terminal' as being a series 4 episode.

Many a truth said in error... Wink

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.40 seconds
9,894,485 unique visits since 8th January 2014