Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,227
· Newest Rebel: Avon2925

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [38 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [26 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [21 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 182
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Liberator Chronicles Relisten - Volume 3 The Armageddon Storm
Spaceship Dispatcher
Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

After all these years. Tom had Grant exactly right. So glad for experienced actors.

I know, it's amazing to listen to him. As if no time at all had passed since his one TV ep!

From what I recall, he sounds just as ginger even after all these years.

BradPaula
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

After all these years. Tom had Grant exactly right. So glad for experienced actors.

I know, it's amazing to listen to him. As if no time at all had passed since his one TV ep!

AngryAngryAngry
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina

Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

GrinGrin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Travisina
Was that Michael Keating doing the screams for the injured trooper?

trevor travis

Travisina wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

I'm glad SD is back - I have back-up Grin Grin Grin

trevor travis
I don't think Avon's behaviour here is right. I think I've said it before, but Simon Guerrier and Peter Anghelides are the only Big Finish writers who could get Avon right. He's a tricky beast. He only does the right things for the wrong reasons.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

I don't think Avon's behaviour here is right. I think I've said it before, but Simon Guerrier and Peter Anghelides are the only Big Finish writers who could get Avon right. He's a tricky beast.

I never really noticed until you pointed out the issues, maybe because Paul was the kind of actor who could make it work through strength of personality, even if it didn't work on paper?

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

I don't think Avon's behaviour here is right. I think I've said it before, but Simon Guerrier and Peter Anghelides are the only Big Finish writers who could get Avon right. He's a tricky beast.

I never really noticed until you pointed out the issues, maybe because Paul was the kind of actor who could make it work through strength of personality, even if it didn't work on paper?

Paul is superb and it is so engaging to listen to him. I think I notice it because I like anti-hero Avon so much and notice when he's being a little too heroic Wink

trevor travis
Ah, this is more like it. Avon nearly getting knocked out. That happens a lot on TV Grin Grin

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Ah, this is more like it. Avon nearly getting knocked out. That happens a lot on TV Grin Grin

Ha! I was thinking that.

BradPaula
Vila can tap dance? LOL

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Paul is superb and it is so engaging to listen to him. I think I notice it because I like anti-hero Avon so much and notice when he's being a little too heroic Wink

That's reasonable. I tend not to judge things by comparison with Season D because it wasn't very good Oops

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

That's reasonable. I tend not to judge things by comparison with Season D because it wasn't very good Oops

But Avon remains very much the same in all four seasons - I think Chris Boucher loved the character and tended to rewrite all his dialogue Wink

trevor travis
Now this is really lurching out of character - what is Avon doing? He's not political.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

But Avon remains very much the same in all four seasons - I think Chris Boucher loved the character and tended to rewrite all his dialogue Wink

Yes, but he does change though, doesn't he? He goes from calm, calculating (okay, he often miscalculates things) and sharp witted for three seasons, to a crazy madman lurking in a secret base plotting to overthrow the galaxy. If Mrs Peel had a space and time capsule to hand (now there's a fanfic idea) she'd have taken him for a Diabolical Mastermind and beaten him up!!!

trevor travis
That was OK. I have to say I like Part 2 better than the other parts, simply because that's Vila and Cally, and the writers are better writing them than Avon.

BradPaula
Excellent story. No wonder it won awards. Thanks everyone, and see you tomorrow and Wednesday. 'Night.

meegat39
Thanks for the relisten. I am afraid I nodded off for a while so didn't comment much! I hope to see you on here next week...
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldn’t have been made if we hadn’t got on. Our working relationship was magic.

trevor travis

trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Yes, but he does change though, doesn't he? He goes from calm, calculating (okay, he often miscalculates things) and sharp witted for three seasons, to a crazy madman lurking in a secret base plotting to overthrow the galaxy. If Mrs Peel had a space and time capsule to hand (now there's a fanfic idea) she'd have taken him for a Diabolical Mastermind and beaten him up!!!

Grin Grin

He's still looking after No 1. He only looks for allies when the Federation can pump Pylene 50 into the atmosphere and he has no choice to fight back. He's maybe less unstable than before, but that's largely due to the lack of Cally to anchor his behaviour.

trevor travis
My ratings, so apologies if anyone disagrees:

The Turing Test 9
Solitary 8
Counterfeit 6
The Magnificent Four 9
False Positive 8
Wolf 8
(Warship 9)
Armageddon Storm (Part 1) 7
Armageddon Storm (Part 2) 9
Armageddon Storm (Part 3) 6