Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 14

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,220
· Newest Rebel: Blink

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [38 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [25 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [27 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [29 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [21 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 179
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Remembering Paul Darrow
Travisina
Tomorrow, 3rd June, marks a year since we lost Paul Darrow.

This thread is for sharing your tributes and memories of Paul.

Our obituary is here: Paul Darrow RIP
Last year's forum thread is here - feel free to re-post your thoughts at the time.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Anniew
A year later. Lockdown makes it easier as Iím not seeing anyone and can pretend Paul is just on lockdown too. Most of the time. But losing someone who meant a lot to me still hurts when I remember heís no longer here. Paul, Gareth, Jackie - they gave so much to their fans. Thank you all.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Frankymole
One of the most entertaining men I've ever met. Remembered with fondness. June 3rd is my birthday, but it was a heck of a shock and my birthday last year wasn't exactly joyous as a result Sad This day will always be tinged by sadness, though as Avon said "regret is part of being alive. But keep it a small part" and I smile more than ever to remember the lovely meetings with him, and his performances and him being silly in photos, interviews and chats etc, which we'll always have.

rojkerr1
lovely man, met him a few times through the years

Spaceresearcher
Wonderful gentleman and a legend. What amazed me about the great Mr Darrow is that he really made time for his fans. You didn't feel like a meal ticket around the man, he was genuinely interested to learn about you and chat. He always made sense and spoke with the goal of the best intentions. In one of his interviews I remember him saying: "When I meet someone I always try to do my best to extend the hand of friendship. If people reciprocate then it's well and good, if they don't then at least you tried." Terrific words to consider and I really admired the fact he was, what he was. His word was his bond. A wonderful man and a true hero.

trevor travis
Paul may be gone, but in a way, he'll always be here, as long as people are watching B7 and enjoying his performances.

JustBrad
Paul Shall indeed be 'Forever Avon.' While many actors have bristled at having their career defined by one television role, Paul embraced it, even to the point of writing his own books about the character he played decades ago.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

GanMiniMe
Paulís death prompted my husband to rewatch Blakes 7. In the 12 years I had known him he had never played any of it to me. I had planned to sit doing my crochet while it was on, keeping one eye on what was happening. Instead, by the end of the first episode I wanted to see more. By the end of the third, I was completely addicted. I came to Blakes 7 too late to meet him, but come to it I did; and itís very nice to be here!

sweevo
I can't believe it's been a year already. The only time I got to interact with him was at the Gareth Thomas tribute event "Blake"... which also turned out to be my last B7 convention/gathering. From what I know of Paul and see of him on YouTube, he was a natural raconteur and knew how to engage with an audience, and he never lost his love for the show and the fandom. May he RIP. Sad

Ulera
This day is destined to always be a dark one.
Paul Darrow was truly unique and incomparable both in person and of course as Avon.

BradPaula
Gone, but never forgotten and living forever in our hearts and minds.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Summer
Still haven't got over the fact that Paul is no longer with us. I never had the opportunity to actually meet him, but I so wish I had.

rojkerr1
He loved Bob Newhart, never knew that till he started quoting lines! I loved quoting them back... 'the light blinded u? The flashing light blinded u? The flashing blue light blinded u? The flashing blue light on the car you HIT blinded you!' The Driving Instructor.

rojkerr1
and when he asked if anyone knew anything about Terry Pratchett. and I actually put my hand up like a schoolboy...

briggsy1
I like the fact that he did the audio version of Rebecca's World for Terry Nation's daughter (or was it granddaughter?) That's one of the earliest books I remember reading whilst I was at primary school.

Supreme Commander
briggsy1 wrote:

I like the fact that he did the audio version of Rebecca's World for Terry Nation's daughter (or was it granddaughter?) That's one of the earliest books I remember reading whilst I was at primary school.

Rebecca was Terry's daughter. Yes, Paul read that so beautifully. My daughters remember reading the book when they were young, too.

Spaceresearcher
Supreme Commander wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

Rebecca was Terry's daughter. Yes, Paul read that so beautifully. My daughters remember reading the book when they were young, too.

It's an awesome book and as if anyone here would doubt it a magnificent performance by the great Paul Darrow as well.

Not for young readers but certainly worth a listen is the terrific audio adaptation of 'The Adventures of Luther Arkwright' as well. Still available from Big Finish and it not only features the great Paul Darrow but the ever popular David Tennant as well.

Travisina
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Supreme Commander wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

It's an awesome book and as if anyone here would doubt it a magnificent performance by the great Paul Darrow as well.

Not for young readers but certainly worth a listen is the terrific audio adaptation of 'The Adventures of Luther Arkwright' as well. Still available from Big Finish and it not only features the great Paul Darrow but the ever popular David Tennant as well.

Rebecca's World is available on Download from Big Finish here: Rebecca's World (the CD is out of print).

Luther Arkwright is available on CD and download from Big Finish here: Luther Arkwright

Both the downloads are £4.99, and the Luther Arkwright CD is £5.99
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Shuskara
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Wonderful gentleman and a legend. What amazed me about the great Mr Darrow is that he really made time for his fans. You didn't feel like a meal ticket around the man, he was genuinely interested to learn about you and chat. He always made sense and spoke with the goal of the best intentions. In one of his interviews I remember him saying: "When I meet someone I always try to do my best to extend the hand of friendship. If people reciprocate then it's well and good, if they don't then at least you tried." Terrific words to consider and I really admired the fact he was, what he was. His word was his bond. A wonderful man and a true hero.

Nice words, to me he was the standout performer and after watching some of his Youtube fan meetups it was clear it was not just the script writing.

Very sad the big characters are all passing so early.

Obsidian
rojkerr1 wrote:

He loved Bob Newhart, never knew that till he started quoting lines! I loved quoting them back... 'the light blinded u? The flashing light blinded u? The flashing blue light blinded u? The flashing blue light on the car you HIT blinded you!' The Driving Instructor.

Thanks for sharing that Roj. It explains a lot about Paul's sense of humour.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.50 seconds
27,352,773 unique visits since 8th January 2014