Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,236
· Newest Rebel: amp19777

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [39 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 186
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
B7 Virtual Quiz on Zoom - 30th May
Supreme Commander
You did a great job with it, Lily, and everyone who contributed a round of questions (even if some of them were much too hard!!)

Congrats to worthy winner Sweevo and the runners up. Great fun (and was greatly relieved to find I knew as many answers as I did, albeit helped but some lucky guesses.)

Joe Dredd
Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. Congratulations, Sweevo!

I'd love to know more:

Did many people join in?

Did anyone wear teleport bracelets or change their Zoom background to the Liberator (etc)?

How long did it go for?

How did you give your answers? Did you type them on screen as you went, or hold up a bit of paper, or what? (I've used Zoom entirely once now. I've no idea what sort of Chat function it has.)

Any screenshots?

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. Congratulations, Sweevo!

I'd love to know more:

Did many people join in?

About a dozen of us, I think.

Did anyone wear teleport bracelets or change their Zoom background to the Liberator (etc)?

Yes, and yes. I wore my knitted bracelet (thank you, Ellen!) and used the teleport area as my background. Others brought along their model Liberators etc.

How long did it go for?

About 2 hours.

How did you give your answers? Did you type them on screen as you went, or hold up a bit of paper, or what? (I've used Zoom entirely once now. I've no idea what sort of Chat function it has.)

After an aborted attempt to use Google Forms, the quiz was run thus:
For each round, the questions were read out
People wrote down their answers at home
The answers were read out by the question-master
People reported how many they got right, and discussed the results
NB of course, this relied on people NOT CHEATING or pretending they'd got more correct than they actually had. But we're an honest bunch of fans, aren't we?

At the end, Lily added up the scores. Sweevo won by a hefty margin, then there were two in 2nd place, and I came third Smile

Any screenshots?

I didn't think of taking any - don't know if anyone else did (Andy?). It might also be fun to have recorded it, so others could see. I'll suggest that to Lily for next time.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

stormypetrel
I was very definitely NOT CHEATING, or Iíd have got a better score! But it was great fun, and lovely to see people. I felt a bit left out in the look-at-my-Liberator stakes, because mineís still stuck in the office. But I was using my Horizon pencil to write down the answers. Youíd think it would have known the ones I didnít, really...

clanger68
Any screenshots?

I didn't think of taking any - don't know if anyone else did (Andy?). It might also be fun to have recorded it, so others could see. I'll suggest that to Lily for next time.

Damn, as soon as I saw Joe ask the question I thought I wish I had thought of it!

Nope, I didn't think to do that at all so no screen shots from me.

Too busy drinking beer and having a good time I'm afraid.

If Lily does another one hopefully peeps can make it, time difference allowing.

Missed the guys who were hoping to come this time but couldn't, hope all is well Brad and Paula?
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Joe Dredd
Thanks for all the replies, gang.

What was the hardest question?

The easiest?

The silliest?

I wonder if perhaps the next one could be in the morning UK time so we can get some overseas people on too.

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Thanks for all the replies, gang.

What was the hardest question?

For me, it was the round to identify B7 actors in other roles, and at different ages than they were in the series. I can't recognise faces out of context, either in RL or on screen - like most of my family, I've a lifetime of prosopognosia. I actually thought I did well to get 2 correct! The rest weren't wrong, I just didn't have a clue. Pass.

The easiest?

That would be the round I wrote - I got 30 out of 30 points for that, LOL! It was the quotes round: Who said the line, to whom and in which episode.
Apart from that, I did best in the general knowledge round provided by Ollie Dallas

The silliest?

A picture round provided by Nana Sally called 'Who's Boots?'
It was silly, but also quite hard - identify the characters by the shot of their boots (thank you, Vere Lorrimer!)

I wonder if perhaps the next one could be in the morning UK time so we can get some overseas people on too.

I'll mention it to Lily. It would be great to have the Downunder members with us - though it could rule out the Yanks.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:I wonder if perhaps the next one could be in the morning UK time so we can get some overseas people on too.

I'll mention it to Lily. It would be great to have the Downunder members with us - though it could rule out the Yanks.

On another forum Iím a member of, we worked out multi-continent Zoom was manageable at 12:00 midday GMT- that meant 7am for our (Eastern) US member, 9pm for the Australians and 11pm in NZ. But thereís several US time zones, arenít there- and two Australian?

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.34 seconds
28,271,202 unique visits since 8th January 2014