Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,221
· Newest Rebel: Dyettkev

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [38 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [25 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [27 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [29 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [21 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 179
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Dawn of the Gods
rojkerr1
Just watched this again after some time, really underrated I think, really loved it, some sparkling dialogue and witticisms on Liberator, then a lovely Dickensian romp, to a mythical creature that isn't mything at all (sorry) Thoroughly enjoyed, great dragony thing too, straight out of Dr No

trevor travis
Yes, there is so much to be enjoyed about Dawn Of The Gods. Its one of the episodes of the third season that takes the B7 universe, plays with it and expands it.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Yes, there is so much to be enjoyed about Dawn Of The Gods. Its one of the episodes of the third season that takes the B7 universe, plays with it and expands it.

It's an odd mix of sci fi & mythology. It has its moments: some great dialogue lines, nice continuity with the Liberator's defence mechanism (not seen or referenced since Spacefall), and a sympathetic character in Groff. Not one of my faves, but I still enjoy rewatching it.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Child Of Auron
One which I enjoy but have always been careful about admitting that. It's light, it's camp but plenty of witty dialogue, an interesting premise and a script which doesn't sideline any one character totally

briggsy1
I rewatched this last night making some notes with my graphite writing stick. It's a middling episode to me, but better than either of the episodes that book-end it, Volcano and Harvest of Kairos. It's more of a fantasy type episode to me ala Sarcophagus or Sand.
There's some interesting visual effects going on when the Liberator enters the black hole - I wonder how they achieved those? The vehicle that attacks Vila reminds me of Robot Wars for some reason.

The Thaarn is a very Star Trek looking villain. Shame that B7 didn't go in for recurring villains much as I would love to have seen a rematch in S4 perhaps.

rojkerr1
The Thaarn did escape, may return sometime!

briggsy1
I agree it's quite a good ensemble episode. Though having said that Tarrant and Cally are really to the fore in this whilst I thought Avon seems a little bit in the background compared to normal. Tarrant actually gets the last line of the script - I can't off my head remember another S3 or 4 episode where this happens?

rojkerr1
Thank you Zen....

Child Of Auron
briggsy1 wrote:

I agree it's quite a good ensemble episode. Though having said that Tarrant and Cally are really to the fore in this whilst I thought Avon seems a little bit in the background compared to normal. Tarrant actually gets the last line of the script - I can't off my head remember another S3 or 4 episode where this happens?

Tarrant has the last line in the following - these are all off the top of my head so forgive me if I miss any out

Aftermath
Dawn Of The Gods
Harvest of Kairos
Death Watch (Shared with Avon)
Terminal
Warlord
Blake

trevor travis
Child Of Auron wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

Tarrant has the last line in the following - these are all off the top of my head so forgive me if I miss any out

Aftermath
Dawn Of The Gods
Harvest of Kairos
Death Watch (Shared with Avon)
Terminal
Warlord
Blake

Doesn't Dayna have the last line in Warlord - the one about Zeeona's implied suicide ("She took her glove off." )

Child Of Auron
You could be right there TT - that was the one I was most unsure about. I couldn't remember if there was a sobbed "Zeeona" from Tarrant before the credits rolled.

trevor travis
Child Of Auron wrote:

You could be right there TT - that was the one I was most unsure about. I couldn't remember if there was a sobbed "Zeeona" from Tarrant before the credits rolled.

I think he might just looked anguished. Dayna sobs "Justin" in Animals.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.36 seconds
27,395,995 unique visits since 8th January 2014