Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,244
· Newest Rebel: paulboy

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
BBC Empty Sets (video conference backgrounds)
Joe Dredd
The BBC have put up a page of 'empty sets', that is, sets with no actors in them.

You can save these as wallpaper or use them as backgrounds for your Zoom or MS Team meetings!

Although the B7 flight deck has crew in shot (and is referred to as the bridge in the opening blurb!), there are also pictures of Slave and Scorpio. You can also pretend to be at Fawlty Towers, in the houses from "The Good Life", Steptoe and Son's junkyard, inside the TARDIS, visiting Rene Artois' café, etc.

Go here: Click!

Travisina
These are brilliant! I've been using some screen grabs. A big close up of Orac was...regretable. I was thinking Cally in 'Shadow', but my colleagues thought it was a ventilator! So I hastily removed it, and sat in the teleport area instead.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Ellen York
Oh dear, that's unfortunate about the Orac close up. Were you properly attentive in the teleport area or napping on duty like Vila? Smile

stormypetrel
I wish we were allowed to have the video on during Teams meetings at work now! It would almost be worth having to look like I was paying attention to be able to sit on the flight deck. Smile

Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

I wish we were allowed to have the video on during Teams meetings at work now! It would almost be worth having to look like I was paying attention to be able to sit on the flight deck. Smile

Grin

Joe Dredd
I worked out that if I did a screen capture of the team meeting in front of me, I could paste it into Paint and crop it down to just a shot of one person, and the room they're in. I then cut them out of the picture, colouring the 'hole' in with something neutral (I use the colour picker to select something in the pic, like a nearby part of the wall). I then make that my background, and it looks great so long as I'm positioned right to block the spot where the other person was.

Then I just wait until anyone notices I'm in their house, or the two backgrounds are the same. It's great keeping an eye on the other person, watching to see when they twig! Most people work it out during the meeting but the first time I tried it, no one noticed. I used the background for four meetings until that person spotted it!

I stopped doing it after awhile, because it would be too predictable and I didn't want to creep anyone out, but it was good fun while I did it. Different people noticing me 'in' their home did double-takes, acted surprised, acted confused. One person just burst out laughing in the middle of our meeting!

ClareGC
I love these! I'm definitely going to use the Liberator flight deck in my informal Teams meetings, as my work colleagues are B7 fans. It's a shame that the crew aren't moving, as that'll give the game away quicker Pfft It seems the BBC don't know Scorpio's computer is called Slave.

I'd be so creeped out by that, Joe, if someone did that to me! You've given me the idea to use a photo from inside their house when I video call my nieces and nephew for Halloween!
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

One Spare Part
ClareGC wrote:

I love these! I'm definitely going to use the Liberator flight deck in my informal Teams meetings, as my work colleagues are B7 fans.!

You have work colleagues who are B7 fans?!! Hell's bells, I would kill for co-workers like yours. I suffer the ridicule of being the only B7 fan here at work. Not taken seriously at all. Even when I say I like Star Trek OS I don't get the derision that I get when I mention B7. It is not talked about enough and even the BBC treat it like an unworthy second cousin to Dr Who.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

I love these! I'm definitely going to use the Liberator flight deck in my informal Teams meetings, as my work colleagues are B7 fans.!

You have work colleagues who are B7 fans?!! Hell's bells, I would kill for co-workers like yours. I suffer the ridicule of being the only B7 fan here at work. Not taken seriously at all. Even when I say I like Star Trek OS I don't get the derision that I get when I mention B7. It is not talked about enough and even the BBC treat it like an unworthy second cousin to Dr Who.

Ha.
Earlier this week, I attended a Zoom webinar training on to how to use LinkedIn. One of the things I've got on my CV, and now my LinkedIn page, is my B7 stuff. The trainer asked the other attendees if they'd heard of B7 - all shook their heads. She smiled sweetly and told me that I shouldn't really mention it, because "it's old, and dates you"
AngryAngryAngry

littlesue
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Ha.
Earlier this week, I attended a Zoom webinar training on to how to use LinkedIn. One of the things I've got on my CV, and now my LinkedIn page, is my B7 stuff. The trainer asked the other attendees if they'd heard of B7 - all shook their heads. She smiled sweetly and told me that I shouldn't really mention it, because "it's old, and dates you"
AngryAngryAngry

That's fighting talk
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Ha.
AngryAngryAngry

Expletive deleted! Angry AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

ClareGC
One Spare Part wrote:

You need to be a university physics technician, where all the technicians are in their 50s. They all know and love Blake’s 7, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Doctor Who… I just wish we had the time at work to talk about it.

I can't mention liking sci-fi to my family though, as it is considered a weird obsession. They can be totally obsessed with watching football though, since that's cool and not at all geeky, apparantly.

The BBC said they were no longer interest in Red Dwarf because Doctor Who fulfilled their sci-fi remit.

Travisina wrote:

Ha.
AngryAngryAngry

That trainer sounds stressful Sad Your CV doesn't need the approval of the course attendees. Age is an asset that you can use to show your experience. I don’t include interests outside of work, but if I did, I'd just phrase them to emphasise the skills I judge the CV-sifter wants to recruit. I hope you got something of use from the course.
Avon: "Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?"
Orac: "Vila weighs seventy-three kilos, Avon."
Avon: "Vila, are you here? I need your help."

stormypetrel
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Ha.
AngryAngryAngry

There’s a word I’m looking for, but I don’t think it’s PG13. I must be old and dated too, then. Good job I wasn’t there. I’ve already once been sacked during training for “being cynical and making sarcastic remarks”. Although I would happily have taken a second hit for you...

Ellen York
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Ha.
AngryAngryAngry

Well that was rude Sad Hope the rest of the training was better. I'm not really a fan of LinkedIn but it seems to be a thing these days. I created an account when I was job hunting a couple of years ago.

Obsidian
stormypetrel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Ha.
AngryAngryAngry

There’s a word I’m looking for, but I don’t think it’s PG13. I must be old and dated too, then. Good job I wasn’t there. I’ve already once been sacked during training for “being cynical and making sarcastic remarks”. Although I would happily have taken a second hit for you...

I like you already and we have never even met! Grin
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

ClareGC wrote:

Ha.
AngryAngryAngry

That is seriously unpleasant. I guess everything's got to be turned around to show your experience – writing, editing, interviewing etc.– and then give the last 5 or 10 years' worth of examples. !0 years is usually the time frame given to relevant academic publications etc. Only showcase more recent examples and speak about extensive experience in more general terms. I HATE LinkedIn and don't use it despite being on it. Sad
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.55 seconds
28,911,810 unique visits since 8th January 2014