Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 16

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,236
· Newest Rebel: amp19777

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [39 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 186
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Am I imagining this?
Fiona
It seems to me that when Avon gets emotional, his pupils expand dramatically until his eyes look black. Fanfiction often describes him as having 'obsidian eyes' or eyes like coal or similar, when actually they are light brown.
And some fanfiction writers have mentioned the strange dilation of his pupils, so it's not just me....do you guys see this?
Rumours of Death at the end with Anna: Avons eyes look black as night .
It's weird. I hear Charlie Manson could do this, at will...(add on Twilight Zone music...)

One Spare Part
I wouldn't like to compare Avon and that other person.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

meegat39
I have seen this too
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldn’t have been made if we hadn’t got on. Our working relationship was magic.

Obsidian
It's all the LSD he's taking... Smile

No, really, I think it's the way the scenes are lit. He has dark brown eyes and then they shade them, or use only cine strobe lights, so that the pupils dilate.

I have to have an eye test every 6 months and they put drops in to make my pupils dilate to that they can see and scan through to the back of the eye. Going into the light later is not fun.

It's almost certainly the lighting not some freaky ability.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Travisina
My best guess would be the lighting, too.

I don't think it's possible to control dilation of one's pupils, is it?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Obsidian wrote:

No, really, I think it's the way the scenes are lit. He has dark brown eyes and then they shade them, or use only cine strobe lights, so that the pupils dilate.

I have to have an eye test every 6 months and they put drops in to make my pupils dilate to that they can see and scan through to the back of the eye. Going into the light later is not fun.

They used that on me when I had cataract surgery. Between the numbing drops, the dilation drops and the iodine solution they swab your eye with seeing is unpleasant for a few hours, though sharper once the lens settles.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Wouldn't think so.

Obsidian
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

They used that on me when I had cataract surgery. Between the numbing drops, the dilation drops and the iodine solution they swab your eye with seeing is unpleasant for a few hours, though sharper once the lens settles.

Hope it worked out well for you. Friends tell me it was the whole "the scales dropped from my eyes" thing and reckon their eyesight is better than it ever was.

Having the drops and being in bright light is painful so I don't imagine dilating your pupils is something you'd do for fun.

Fiona
Travisina wrote:

Fiona
Travisina wrote:

Sorry, posted without replying..I saw something about Indonesian spear fishermen who can contract their pupils and walk on the sea bed, spearing fish. But it was n a mockumentary, mixing truth and fiction so I do not know.

Lurena
If your brain finds something interesting (for example someone you love), the pupils dilate.
It seems that some people can evoke this effect (those Indonesian fishermen).
It could be that Mr. D had trained himself in consciously widening his pupils.
He often took one of his beloved dogs with him to the studio set. Maybe the dog was his trigger?

In the old days movie stars used Belladonna eye drops to dilate their pupils.
They used it for emotional scenes.
Atropine which is in medical use to make eye pupils dilate, is obtained by extraction from the Belladonna (Atropa belladonna) plant.
It's also in medication for cardiac arrhythmias.

( Mr D had very special, beautiful light brown eyes)
Edited by Lurena on 09 August 2020 01:19:36
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories and *my PD as Kerr Avon Tribute*
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Joe Dredd
Lurena wrote:

"Are my eyes realy brown?" - Rick, Casablanca.

Joe Dredd
Obsidian wrote:
It's all the LSD

Or SLD, even. You can't Locate before you Seek!

Lurena
Joe Dredd wrote:

Lurena wrote:

Oh yessss! Great movie quote by Humphrey Bogart!
I'm old enough to have that romantic drama movie in my fav list!
And we all know which actors inspired Mr D.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories and *my PD as Kerr Avon Tribute*
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
JustBrad
Lurena wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

Lurena wrote:

Oh yessss! Great movie quote by Humphrey Bogart!
I'm old enough to have that romantic drama movie in my fav list!
And we all know which actors inspired Mr D.

Best movie of all time.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Obsidian wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Hope it worked out well for you. Friends tell me it was the whole "the scales dropped from my eyes" thing and reckon their eyesight is better than it ever was.

Having the drops and being in bright light is painful so I don't imagine dilating your pupils is something you'd do for fun.

It was honestly one of the best things I've ever had done to me. As well as cataracts, I had a degree of astigmatism and I was offered the graduated lenses. I went from bad distance and night vision to having better than 20/15 vision. I now only need to wear 2.5 reading glasses for reading or close work.

I also find it easier to drive because I can actually see better and I'm able to pick up clues so I have a better visual memory of where I'm going.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Obsidian

Obsidian wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

It was honestly one of the best things I've ever had done to me. As well as cataracts, I had a degree of astigmatism and I was offered the graduated lenses. I went from bad distance and night vision to having better than 20/15 vision. I now only need to wear 2.5 reading glasses for reading or close work.

I also find it easier to drive because I can actually see better and I'm able to pick up clues so I have a better visual memory of where I'm going.

Glad it all went well!

Obsidian
Joe Dredd wrote:

Obsidian wrote:
It's all the LSD

Or SLD, even. You can't Locate before you Seek!

If your pupils are dilated you probably can't do either.

Shuskara
I have dark blue eyes yet if I wear a lighter blue colour shirt my eyes seem to lighten too.

I wonder also if studio light might also be a factor.

littlesue
All I know is that when Silver a and I were in the front row at Bournemouth Comicon whilst Mr D was giving a talk right in front of us, every time those brown eyes looked straight at us, we both went weak at the knees! Thank goodness we were sitting down!!!!Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.80 seconds
28,269,119 unique visits since 8th January 2014