Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Are you a B7 'shipper? Poll.
bob79519
My only ship for Blake's 7 that I wished happend was Avon/Cally. And I'm pretty convinced they were in a relationship(especially after Sarcophagus), just in secret and off-screen. Then, season 4 never happend and was just a hallucination Avon had while he was on Terminal. After the Liberator blew up and Servalan gets killed, Avon and Cally tell the rest of the crew about them being in a relationship and they get married, while stuck on Terminal forever.

dragonq
I'm amused to report that I was taught the expression by my daughter who is a second generation fan. My observation is that she and her friends are much more obsessed with pairing off characters than was the case when I was a teenage fan.

With regards B7, there was definitely chemistry between Jenna and Blake and I have always thought they were probably lovers at some point, but that it fell apart as he got more and more obsessed in season 2. Between Avon and Cally, again, a bit of chemistry, but I don't think it necessarily led to anything. Between Avon and Servalan, however, I think there was real attraction, with sado -masochistic overtones that are pretty surprising in something broadcast in an early evening time slot..

I have to admit though, that apart from the relationships where there's some on screen evidence, I don't really waste much energy on the subject. I find pairing up characters for the sake of it pretty tiresome and always have.

briggsy1
Shippers.. not to be confused with Dafne Schippers the Dutch sprinter or slippers those things I wear on my feet of an evening.

sweevo
I only ship if it's in character and/or canon. This is an awesome sci-fi epic, not a cheap exploitation video nasty. Smile

atomicmayo
I will ship anything and everything if it's presented to me by fandom in a believable way... or sometimes in a hilarious way. XD It's part of the fun of playing around with the universe. Transformative works and all that.
my tumblr | my twitter | my deviantart | my patreon

http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
Spaceresearcher
To be honest, I find the whole idea a stretch at best and it's a bad word for the descriptive of what there referring to. A Ship to me is exactly that. One of those vessels designed to float on water and carry items and people around in.

Spaceresearcher
So I suppose going by the traditional meaning, sure I'd float around in the water and sing the Blakes 7 theme. Wink

atomicmayo
Spaceresearcher wrote:

To be honest, I find the whole idea a stretch at best and it's a bad word for the descriptive of what there referring to. A Ship to me is exactly that. One of those vessels designed to float on water and carry items and people around in.

Your pun made me think that out a bit and about turning the bound morpheme *-ship from "relationship" into a free morpheme, which is kind of cool in terms of linguistic change. Beyond that the etymology of the boaty thing and the bound morpheme-turned-free are not related, you can blame phonological changes as English evolved for the similarity.

... and you could argue that's sort of the fun thing about shipping, the notion of a 'ship' has changed in internet parlance over the years and can mean anything from a romantic/sexual relationship to something just platonic but relevant to character development, like an intense friendship.

People still get into arguments over what's 'canon' or not all the time, but if people take a realistic attitude towards it it can be fun (let's face it, basically NO ships are made explicitly canon in the B7 universe if you're going by the more traditional definition of 'they were romantically involved').
my tumblr | my twitter | my deviantart | my patreon

http://i-fought-space.tumblr.com
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.25 seconds
9,179,786 unique visits since 8th January 2014