Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,244
· Newest Rebel: paulboy

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's One
Cygnus Bazza
So we have, in B7, seven (primarily human) individuals who collectively comprise a reasonably effective team.

But what if B7 consisted of just one individual cloned a further six times? What would be the most (and the least) effective option in terms of pursuing B7's mission?

A team of seven Avons? No, no, no. Surely not. It'd be mayhem. Entertaining, though.
A team of seven Callys? That's surely much more like it?

What do you think? All opinions welcome.

One Spare Part
A team of Blake would possibly make him more effective, if you clone him at the right moment in time. Certainly not post Pressure Point. But thinking on it, Jenna would be best. She has the piloting skills, common sense - she knows when to take a risk and when not to. She is tough and sensitive.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

littlesue
Sorry...I'm just thinking of 7 Avons............................mind you. at least they could sing Seven Little Girls Sitting in the Back Seat.....
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
littlesue wrote:

Sorry...I'm just thinking of 7 Avons............................mind you. at least they could sing Seven Little Girls Sitting in the Back Seat.....

...every one in love with Avon...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

A team of Blake would possibly make him more effective, if you clone him at the right moment in time. Certainly not post Pressure Point. But thinking on it, Jenna would be best. She has the piloting skills, common sense - she knows when to take a risk and when not to. She is tough and sensitive.

We saw a sensible clone of Blake in 'Weapon', so that could work. Jenna would be good.
Much as I love him, I think 7 Vilas would be a recipe for disaster! Then again, it could also be a lot of fun until the booze ran out.
7 Gans might work - tough and capable with a strong moral compass.

littlesue
Travisina wrote:

littlesue wrote:

...every one in love with Avon...

Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

One Spare Part
[img][/img]
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

We saw a sensible clone of Blake in 'Weapon', so that could work. Jenna would be good.
Much as I love him, I think 7 Vilas would be a recipe for disaster! Then again, it could also be a lot of fun until the booze ran out.

Yes but he'd crash the Libbie.

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

[img][/img]
Travisina wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Yes but he'd crash the Libbie.

Because his compass had malfunctioned?

JustBrad
Seven Jennas

She would have shot Travis and Servalan (?) at different times if Blake hadn't stopped her. She knew Avalon, she knew how to fly Libby and use it in combat or to run blockades. She had connections.

She would have quickly wrought havoc on the Federation....

... once she decided what to wear while doing it.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

M1795537 OC Virn
Seven mutoids. With Servalan's overall control, obviously.
You're not sulking, I hope?

Cygnus Bazza
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Seven mutoids. With Servalan's overall control, obviously.

Let's gloss the arithmetical faux pas (7 + 1 = 8, unless perhaps you're travelling close to a black hole event horizon where the laws of maths could conceivably break down) and dwell instead on the limitless creative possibilities offered by the new Disney offering "Servie White and the Seven Mutoids". The mutoids being, presumably, Grumpy, Cranky, Crabby, Unhappy, Joyless, Morose and Glum.

One Spare Part
JustBrad wrote:

Seven Jennas

She would have shot Travis and Servalan (?) at different times if Blake hadn't stopped her. She knew Avalon, she knew how to fly Libby and use it in combat or to run blockades. She had connections.

She would have quickly wrought havoc on the Federation....

... once she decided what to wear while doing it.

Her "star" outfit obviously Angry

One Spare Part
Travisina wrote:

Yes but he'd crash the Libbie.[/quote]
Because his compass had malfunctioned?[/quote]

Or had it malfunctioned? Grin

rojkerr1
team Gan, safe as houses, built like houses!

stormypetrel
Wouldn’t it have to be 7 Blakes, because if there wasn’t Blake the others probably wouldn’t have thought of the initial mission anyway? Not that I’m saying 7 Blakes would be particularly effective. On a good day, maybe, but who’s to say all 7 would have their good day at once?

Cygnus Bazza
stormypetrel wrote:

Wouldn’t it have to be 7 Blakes, because if there wasn’t Blake the others probably wouldn’t have thought of the initial mission anyway? Not that I’m saying 7 Blakes would be particularly effective. On a good day, maybe, but who’s to say all 7 would have their good day at once?

Great point, SP. Big menu to choose from but just imagine if, say, on any given day, you ended up with Liberator populated with:

- 1 'I'm in charge' Blake
- 1 'considerate/concerned/selfless' Blake
- 1 'messiah complex' Blake
- 1 'psycho killer' Blake
- 1 'look at ME!, all-action hero' Blake
- 1 'bit weird' Blake
- 1 'slightly chippy, having-a-bad-day' Blake?

Would the consequences be:

a: serious
b: irritating
c: hilarious?

JustBrad
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

Great point, SP. Big menu to choose from but just imagine if, say, on any given day, you ended up with Liberator populated with:

- 1 'bit weird' Blake

And would Blake try to manipulate himself and hide things from the other Blakes?
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Cygnus Bazza
JustBrad wrote:

And would Blake try to manipulate himself and hide things from the other Blakes?

GrinGrin I think we all know the answer to that one!

stormypetrel
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

- 1 'bit weird' Blake

d: all three?

Anniew
Six Blakes independently self isolated out of guilt (leaving only a cryptic, recorded message) when their actions caused the death of the seventh Blake, so there was nobody left on board to rescue them!

Seven Avons killed each other for the biggest share of the loot, shortly after taking over the Liberator. (The last one standing thought he’d got away with it but the others had poisoned his food and drink).

Seven Vilas got drunk together so they became an easy target for pursuit ships. Their last words were, “Hey. What?”

Seven Callys all became possessed by the same alien allowing it to cross the boundary between universes and absorb the human race

Seven Gans beat each other to death when their limiters malfunctioned.

Seven Jennas made an alliance with Avalon and performed dangerous runs in Liberator to supply them with equipment and supplies. After Avalon launched her successful coup against the Federation, they were awarded a pardon and medals and each, eventually got married. To whom, I leave to your imaginations.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.79 seconds
28,982,913 unique visits since 8th January 2014