Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,198
· Newest Rebel: Mag168

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [38 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [24 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [25 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 171
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
42nd Anniversary Rewatch - B1 Redemption
trevor travis
The episode: Barney One - Redemption (Carry On Space Astronomer)
The date: Tuesday, April 7th, 2019
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which it becomes clear that Avon is a fan of “The Sky At Night” with Patrick Moore; Blake has a close run-in with a deadly coil; everyone has new, shiny costumes thanks to June Hudson; and it turns out that Blake hasn’t been keeping up the Hire Purchase payments on the Liberator and its owners want it back.

Episode in a word: System.
Characters to cheer: The two Altas, in their very tight blue catsuits.
Characters to boo: Avon, for his extreme smugness at the start of the episode. And Orac, for not telling them what he’s up to.
Recognisable Face: Shelia Ruskin (Alta One) appeared in a Doctor Who story (The Keeper Of Traken) a couple of years later. She played Kassia, step-mum of companion-to-be Nyssa, and wife of Tremas, whose body is snatched by the Master. She didn’t wear a very tight blue catsuit in that, though.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week?: Yes.
Best exchange: VILA: “I've got this shocking pain right behind the eyes.” AVON: “Have you considered amputation?”

Blake's 7 will return… Carry on Space Mafia

JustBrad
i.imgur.com/Gz6Czyf.png
i.imgur.com/JxhQkT4.png
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

trevor travis
Poor Jenna. She's practically sitting on Avon's lap and he's still ignoring her.

Lurena
trevor travis wrote:

Poor Jenna. She's practically sitting on Avon's lap and he's still ignoring her.

Regarding Avon's "machine-like" nature, it always seems to me that Avon is sitting there waiting for a command, maybe all she had to do was ask??

I hope I will be able to join in the rewatch again. I missed it last week when I had to do an online-teaching (I'm one of those who works from home)
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories and *my PD as Kerr Avon Tribute*
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
JustBrad
Lurena wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Regarding Avon's "machine-like" nature, it always seems to me that Avon is sitting there waiting for a command, maybe all she had to do was ask??

For Jenna, That IS asking. Smile

When there are that many places to sit, and a confident, self-reliant woman chooses to sit that close to you and lean her head against your shoulder, every man knows that she is practically waving a sign that says, 'At the very least, put your arm around me, and if you're really interested, try to kiss me.'
Edited by JustBrad on 04 April 2020 03:49:22
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Lurena
JustBrad wrote:

Lurena wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

For Jenna, That IS asking. Smile

When there are that many places to sit, and a confident, self-reliant woman chooses to sit that close to you and lean her head against your shoulder, every man knows that she is practically waving a sign that says, 'At the very least, put your arm around me, and if you're really interested, try to kiss me.'

True, for a normal man that will be clear, but for an Avon....
Also, I think he was fixed on the problem of how to get out of there and therefore it was vital to keep his wits about him.
Or do you think that it had something to do with taking the chance away for Blake to have Jenna? That would be very integer of Avon.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories and *my PD as Kerr Avon Tribute*
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Hugbot
trevor travis wrote:

Best exchange: VILA: “I've got this shocking pain right behind the eyes.” AVON: “Have you considered amputation?"

This always reminds me of my hiking tours in Scotland in the 80s. Once, we had to rest for a few days at Loch Lochy because one of my friends (let's call him J.D.) had a blister at his foot. Another friend (L.H.) was not very sympathetic but instead exclaimed in best Dalek fashion, 'Amputate! Amputate! Amputate!'

A few days later, L.H. developed a nasty rash around his neck.
Which caused J.D. to exclaim, 'Amputate! Amputate! Amputate!'

Hugbot
i.imgur.com/W94vGdD.jpg
Edited by Hugbot on 04 April 2020 10:02:57

Travisina

GrinGrinGrin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

One Spare Part
trevor travis wrote:

Poor Jenna. She doesn't have much luck with the lads. No wonder she dive bombed at the end...
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

One Spare Part

"You're looking good just like a snake in the grass..." Grin

Lorna
I am sorry I won't be with you for this one. Our local Bridge Club has set up an on-line League and I play my first match on Tuesday. I am a bit nervous because I haven't played on-line before.

Anyway enjoy your rewatch and I am sorry I can't take you on a tour of Oldbury Power Station this time. Just imagine me on the side of the cameras watching the action.

Ulera
JustBrad wrote:

Lurena wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Her head is NEVER, at no point "on his shoulder". It has always been made clear that she is interested in Blake if anyone. At no point has she been interested in Avon. I put the fact she is sitting beside him down to the practical requirements of getting them both in shot.

One Spare Part
Methinks thou dost protest too much...I could well believe, if Blake and Jenna had got back to the Liberator after Star One, that at some point Avon and Jenna would have swanned off together ... with or without the Liberator. Grin

Ulera
One Spare Part wrote:

Methinks thou dost protest too much...I could well believe, if Blake and Jenna had got back to the Liberator after Star One, that at some point Avon and Jenna would have swanned off together ... with or without the Liberator. Grin

And methinks you haven't paid much attention to the clues and subtext of the programme then: it was clear that Jenna was interested in BLAKE and the other clear dynamic relationship wise amongst the crew was between Avon and Cally.

One Spare Part
Methinks anything can happen in an infinite universe, even things that go contrary to expectations.

Ulera
One Spare Part wrote:

Methinks anything can happen in an infinite universe, even things that go contrary to expectations.

Methinks you've logged on to the wrong forum.. Wink

One Spare Part
Ulera wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Methinks you've logged on to the wrong forum.. Wink

Chill out, duck. I can think what I like. Please don't think I am being funny. I am just trying to be funny. Not succeeding apparently.

littlesue
Personally, I think that rather nice computer expert is being an utter gentleman, letting Jenna lean against him like that. And he is in deep thought; how to get out of here; what will happen next and then there is a sound at the door and he motions for Jenna to stand well back as he prepares to ambush who ever is about to enter...
You also have to remember that this was a Family show and went out quite early in the evening....action adventure was the remit...but not that sort of action Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
Avon and Jenna 'shipping is always an interesting one, because it's not one which springs immediately to mind, as Jenna clearly has a thing for Blake.

However, there are one or two little curveballs. One is the conversation in "Cygnus Alpha", where they are more-or-less discussing running away together in Liberator.

Another is the above. Of course, there's production reasons why, but in terms of the fiction of the show, Avon and Jenna are virtually sat on top of each other. There's little warmth shown, but at the same time, they are sat far close together they two people normally would and it does make you wonder why.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
26,103,450 unique visits since 8th January 2014