Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 1
Fugazi64

· Total Rebels: 1,181
· Newest Rebel: MylordAvon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [23 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [24 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 166
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Writing stories in quarantine
ServalansGran
In view of the situation, I thought it a good idea to try to contribute more regularly to the monthly fan fictions.
It would help enormously if anyone has collected together a file of B7 jargon/terminology etc. That I could use as a sort of cheat sheet.
Can anyone help?
All Id need then would be a bit of imagination, creativity & talent!

JustBrad
ServalansGran wrote:

In view of the situation, I thought it a good idea to try to contribute more regularly to the monthly fan fictions.
It would help enormously if anyone has collected together a file of B7 jargon/terminology etc. That I could use as a sort of cheat sheet.
Can anyone help?
All Id need then would be a bit of imagination, creativity & talent!

Sevencyclopedia.

http://www.hermit...index.html
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

ServalansGran
Thanks, Brad! That ought to do it.

M1795537 OC Virn

Who put all this together? Must have taken ages. Brilliant!! Thanks, Brad.
You're not sulking, I hope?

Joe Dredd
Chiefly Neil Faulkner.

It was Neil's idea, and he did all the hard work. He acknowledges many people whose ideas he gleaned from newsletters and elsewhere, including our own JustBrad. Proof reading and extra contributions were by Judith Proctor, Andrew Williams and Richard Mattox, for the original print edition. When Judith put it on line, Murray Smith added a substantial number of contributions.

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Chiefly Neil Faulkner.

He's such a star - and some of his fan fic is genius. Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Joe Dredd
Sounds like an opportunity to point out his molesworth stories, Travisina!

The main difficultly with the Sevencyclopaedia was coming up with an entry for "Y", so all letters were covered. The on line edition includes "Yes" (being Avon's last word on the show) however a much better (or additional) candidate has been found - metric and imperial measurements are mentioned throughout, so the reference to Yards in Stardrive (Avon wants to get Scorpio within 50 yards of the asteroid) fits the bill as a (perhaps less contrived) entry.

There was talk some time ago of Judith's site closing down, and we were looking at migrating the Sevencyclopaedia to this website, but I don't know if that's still going to happen.

M1795537 OC Virn
Given that Travisina has us playing 'Mornington Crescent'. maybe we should enliven our quarantine by writing a communal B7 story along the lines of the 'Sorry I haven't a Clue' game where they add a word each.... but maybe we could extend it to a sentence each?
You're not sulking, I hope?

stormypetrel
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

Given that Travisina has us playing 'Mornington Crescent'. maybe we should enliven our quarantine by writing a communal B7 story along the lines of the 'Sorry I haven't a Clue' game where they add a word each.... but maybe we could extend it to a sentence each?

Id wondered about that, too! Ive done it before, on a different forum. We took turns to add a small section each. It was... entertaining...

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

With pleasure! Here they are:
How to be Topp on the Liberatar
Capchered Agane
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

rojroj
Travisina wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

With pleasure! Here they are:
How to be Topp on the Liberatar
Capchered Agane

Great stories! Though Neil's serious stories are excellent, too.

https://www.facebook.com/blakes7rojblake/
rojroj
For anyone interested in writing and reading fanfiction, I thought I'd mention that we have a Facebook group exclusively for Blake's 7 fanfic -- place where authors exchange ideas and get feedback and encouragement for their writing projects, also a place where you can find story recommendations and reviews.

https://www.faceb...741185308/

https://www.facebook.com/blakes7rojblake/
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
A couple more resources for you

Blake's 7 fandom wiki main page

Tv tropesmain page

wikipedia main page
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.68 seconds
25,011,733 unique visits since 8th January 2014