Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,244
· Newest Rebel: paulboy

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Stuck Indoors? (The covid 19 pass the time thread)
One Spare Part
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

The most magpies I've ever seen together in one group ('mischief'?? 'charm'???) is four. I thought my varifocals were playing up. Can anyone rustle up a five or a six?

Blimey I saw 13 once. Well, that was as far as I counted before they dispersed.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Cygnus Bazza
One Spare Part wrote:

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

The most magpies I've ever seen together in one group ('mischief'?? 'charm'???) is four. I thought my varifocals were playing up. Can anyone rustle up a five or a six?

Would this have been on the way home from a pub?

Travisina - yes, the 'Magpie' title sequence was ideal for tripping-out kids. For some reason, it didn't go up to 13. Opportunity missed.

Travisina
This was posted on Twitter by Nicholas Pegg, and shared here with his permission:

www.blakes7online.com/images/news/nicholas_pegg_quiz.jpg
Click on image for higher resolution

Working my way through, so far, I've got 25 / 40. It's great fun - there are some truly terrible Brad-quality puns in there!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

Would this have been on the way home from a pub?

Travisina - yes, the 'Magpie' title sequence was ideal for tripping-out kids. For some reason, it didn't go up to 13. Opportunity missed.

One of Pterry Pratchett's books talks about magpie rhymes. Folklore of the Discworld, I think it's called.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Travisina wrote:

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen that many. Probably why 'five for silver, six for gold' - 'cos it's rare. Here's the 1968 TV theme tune -
Magpie - got to love those Sergeant Pepper inspired graphics!

That takes me back. Though this is the version I'm more familiar with.

Cygnus Bazza
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

That takes me back. Though this is the version I'm more familiar with.

Tommy Boyd was what would be called in near-current parlance 'a total lege'. Tom and Noakesy would be in my fantasy hybrid Magpie/Blue Peter line-up, probably with Jenny Hanley.

Joe Dredd
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:

This was posted on Twitter by Nicholas Pegg, and shared here with his permission:

City at the HEDGE of the world!

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Travisina wrote:

City at the HEDGE of the world!

Do you think it should have its own thread, so people can post replies?
I finally got the last one (#26) after NP provided a clue. It was driving me nuts!

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:
/

Hmm, it might be tidier...

Cygnus Bazza
Joe Dredd wrote:

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder

That is authentically world-class. STANDING OVATION!

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

Travisina wrote:
/

Hmm, it might be tidier...

I'll set it up after the Rewatch. Juggling multiple tabs at the moment!

One Spare Part
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

Would this have been on the way home from the pub?

How very dare you! It was on school grounds. So, yes, before you can say it, it was a lòooooooooooooooooooong time ago. Pfft
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

M1795537 OC Virn
Cygnus Bazza: empty your in box!
You're not sulking, I hope?

SmegheadChey
Last night, I was watching "Animals" on YouTube as part of my weekly B7 binge. It was a good episode but good Lord, that ending is really sad. I believe y'all know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I had that episode plus the three preceding episodes I also watched that night on a playlist with a video from my favorite YouTuber Stuart Ashen at the very end.

So, the episode was just ending and I was about to cry over poor, poor Dayna mourning the death of her beloved Justin when the episode ends and, since the uploader cut the credits off, immediately cuts to the Ashens video I put in my playlist which began with him saying "Welcome back to the sofa of pain." I went from nearly crying to laughing my behind off at the sudden mood whiplash. Grin
Angry delet this Angry

M1795537 OC Virn
To return to the birdwatching: just to let you know that I've seen some swallows. They arrived on the 18th and they're checking out the stable where they nested last year, so it's looking promising. Also heard a cuckoo today.
Thanks to those of you who took the time to look.
Cheers.
You're not sulking, I hope?

bob79519
I recently finished editing the first 3 series of Blake's 7 (I'm not doing every episode and series 4), I hope you enjoy it! https://www.youtu...xUpJWFiZjj

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
M1795537 OC Virn wrote:

To return to the birdwatching: just to let you know that I've seen some swallows. They arrived on the 18th and they're checking out the stable where they nested last year, so it's looking promising. Also heard a cuckoo today.
Thanks to those of you who took the time to look.
Cheers.

I heard a loon earlier. I've only heard them before in more remote rural areas.

Joe Dredd
Definitely no loons around here.

No sir.

No sirree!

Cygnus Bazza
Joe Dredd wrote:

Definitely no loons around here.

No sir.

No sirree!

That is beautiful.