Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 1
mrsbookmark

· Total Rebels: 1,181
· Newest Rebel: MylordAvon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [23 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [24 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 166
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
How about a sequel? Grant's 7?
daro2096
Del Grant is still alive afawk. Grant's 7. What you think? There is an idea for Big Finish.

winnie-l
Yeah, I could go for that - Del Grant's a solid, well-rounded, believable & very interesting character.

But you know it all boils down to the writing/story.
Superb characters, great actors + weak or cheesy writing = FAIL

IMHO

One Spare Part
The Del Grant Adventures. Yes it's a go-er!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

trevor travis
Well, we’d buy it, but could Big Finish sell enough copies without any of the main cast?

A Vila spin-off (maybe he ends up with Orac and therefore is able to make his way around the galaxy) would probably generate a lot more orders. With Paul, Gareth and Jacs sadly no longer with us, Michael is the biggest drawcard when it comes to B7.

daro2096
Well if I have thought about a Grant spin off so has Big Finish. Maybes there is a rights issue with the character? Or the actor doesn't want to do it?

Joe Dredd
I think there are only two ways forward:

1. 'Side mission' type adventures where Jenna, Cally and Vila are in peril on the Liberator while Blake and Avon are 'off screen' on a mission, or off-ship missions involving a selection of the cast (say Cally, Tarrant and Vila) while Avon & Blake are 'off screen' on the Liberator.

Having adventures on the Liberator allows Zen and Orac to be included too, but how many internal peril type stories can you do before it gets repetitive? You could also do one where the S3 Liberator sails through an uncharted time distort rip, causing S2 Jenna to swap places in time with S3 Avon. Vila, Jenna, Cally, Tarrant and Dayna then have an S3 adventure, with the sidestory being how to get Avon back and Jenna resequenced in her timeline. (Also the humour of realising there is an S2 Liberator on some timeline that now has two Avons for a while... poor Blake!) Alternatively, ghostly phantoms running through the Liberator and scaring Vila turn out to be 'echoes' of Jenna caused by the ship sailing through a time rip.

2. Post Gauda Prime
I think this is the most realistic way forward. The survivors of the tracking gallery shootout are determined by whichever actors want to continue doing the audios, giving us a potential crew of Vila, Tarrant, Orac and perhaps Dayna if BF want to carry on with the recast. Blake is dead, Avon is dead and Servalan, who turned up off screen at the end of the episode, has also been killed.

The crew escape and steal a new ship, giving BF the opportunity to create a new flight computer voice. Perhaps the ship has no talking flight computer but is used by the crew to get them back to Spaceworld. They steal a dormant DSV, allowing an identical Zen computer to be included. (I do like the idea of a 'this is our new ship' fake-out when it turns out they abandon it after an episode or two.) Or perhaps Orac has Zen's personality matrix stored somewhere and can download it into the flight computer of whatever new ship they steal anyway.

"But Orac! If you could've restored Zen over the last flight computer personality we had, why didn't you?"
"You never asked!"

The crew are contacted (or rescued even) by another rebel group, and the two join forces. This allows BF to cast new permanent crew, with actors they want and know will be available. They could even use Glynis B as a rebel with a mysterious past. Her startling resemblance to Soolin allows us to get away with not using the unlicenced character name.

"But she looks like --"
"Yes, she does!"
"What's the matter? Why are you staring at me?"
"You look like someone we once knew."

Various machinations play out:
- The rebel cell use Vila as a figurehead, the survivor of Blake's original crew. Are the rebel leaders using him for their own purposes? Is one of them a Federation agent? Is Vila being manipulated?

- A rumour that Avon is alive but imprisoned needs to be followed up. Not only to attempt a rescue, but if the Federation make him crack, they'll learn the secrets to building working teleports, auto-repair circuitry, neutron blasters, etc. The storyline ends with the crew learning Avon is dead, or BF could keep it ambiguous if they wanted to. Perhaps the GP shootout ended with mysterious aliens appearing and 'translating' Avon to 'somewhere else' - but where?

- Jenna turns out to be alive, but is highly mistrustful of the crew, both because she believes they killed Blake, and also because of the 'rebels' they have joined up with. Jenna's crew could include Del Grant (they use codenames ALUAP and DARB) and an Auron clone who is the cousin of, or perhaps just identical to, Cally and Zelda. That gets Sally, Jan and Tom C involved too. Eventually Vila & co 'jump ship' to Jenna's gang. That gives us a series with Vila, Jenna, Tarrant, Del Grant, Dayna, Zen, Orac, 'Kally' and 'Noolis', plus there's no need to have them 'find' yet another teleport system, and BF can continue using the familiar B7 sound effects for the guns, teleportation, Liberator background hum etc.

Travisina
daro2096 wrote:

Well if I have thought about a Grant spin off so has Big Finish. Maybes there is a rights issue with the character? Or the actor doesn't want to do it?

Actually, Big Finish did an epic, award-winning 3-part Liberator Chronicle boxset The Armageddon Storm which re-introduced Del Grant in a post-'Rumours of Death' scenario, and then kept him on as a member of the Liberator crew for a 6-episode full cast series.

Tom Chadbon may be up for doing more eps? BTW, it's his birthday today Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

daro2096 wrote:

Actually, Big Finish did an epic, award-winning 3-part Liberator Chronicle boxset The Armageddon Storm which re-introduced Del Grant in a post-'Rumours of Death' scenario, and then kept him on as a member of the Liberator crew for a 6-episode full cast series.

Tom Chadbon may be up for doing more eps? BTW, it's his birthday today Smile

Happy Birthday Tom Chadbon!

He is a fabulous actor, but I think it would need a TV main cast member to lead a spin-off series to generate enough sales. Maybe Tom Chadbon and Grant could be in, for example, a Vila spin-off series.

One Spare Part
Sounds like Joe should be on the writing staff at BF! But I like TT's idea of a Grant/Vila story. They have opposing personalities on the lines of Avon and Vila so it would have the necessary sparks.

daro2096
The problem with a post GP story line with the S4 crew is that Big Finish in their Lucifer trilogy had already written off the whole crew as dead with the exception of Avon.

JustBrad
This is our family fanfic. Grant and Jenna teaming up PGP.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

One Spare Part
Actually... a Grant, Vila and Jenna three way story...brilliant!

Travisina
One Spare Part wrote:

Sounds like Joe should be on the writing staff at BF!

I second that - excellent ideas, JD!

Travisina
daro2096 wrote:

The problem with a post GP story line with the S4 crew is that Big Finish in their Lucifer trilogy had already written off the whole crew as dead with the exception of Avon.

Maybe they can be persuaded that Lucifer isn't canon?

Anniew
He says in one of the books, this is only Avon’s interpretation of events. They could write it off as a bad dream!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

He says in one of the books, this is only Avon’s interpretation of events. They could write it off as a bad dream!

I second that!

Joe Dredd
Joe Dredd wrote:
I think there are only two ways forward:

There's a third way, which is to go back to the Chronicle style narrated adventures, with two or three actors to add the occasional 'scene' as they (BF) did at the start of the line.

Also, I forgot that we also still have both Travises available from the original cast.

Joe Dredd
JustBrad wrote:
This is our family fanfic. Grant and Jenna teaming up PGP.

Do they use codenames at all? If not, I believe these ones are uncrackable...

Joe Dredd wrote:
Jenna's crew could include Del Grant (they use codenames ALUAP and DARB)

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:

Anniew wrote:

I second that!

I'd be happy for the possibilities PGP to be opened up again, and it would also be a great way to explain why Avon is missing in future adventures.

"Avon's confined to bed. He's suffering from hallucinations again."

"I told him not to eat that old cheese he found melted down the back of the cooker!"

JustBrad
Joe Dredd wrote:

Do they use codenames at all? If not, I believe these ones are uncrackable...

The first fan fic I ever wrote was meant to be 5-10 pages. It would up being 39 pages. It centered on Grant, years after GP, working as a bounty hunter using the name Damen Varik.
Sleer hired him (aware of who he really was, but unaware of his true motives) to hunt down Avon.
Jenna appears late in the story disguised as a mutoid, having replaced the mutoid provided to 'Damen Varik,' as no one really looks at a mutoid.
Edited by JustBrad on 28 February 2020 00:52:41
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
25,035,672 unique visits since 8th January 2014