Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,194
· Newest Rebel: AvonsOtherBrother

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [38 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [24 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [25 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 171
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Australia A13: Orac - Sat 29th Feb
Tyce
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

A good quiz question could be 'name the 3 actors who have provided the voice of Orac'

Derek Farr, Peter Tuddenham and I forget the name of the third was it Alexander something the one from the audios

2 out 3 - you're close with the third. It's Alistair Lock who plays the voices of Zen and Orac for Big Finish.

Oh that's cheating, I thought you were talking about from the original TV series

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

A good quiz question could be 'name the 3 actors who have provided the voice of Orac'

Derek Farr, Peter Tuddenham and I forget the name of the third was it Alexander something the one from the audios

2 out 3 - you're close with the third. It's Alistair Lock who plays the voices of Zen and Orac for Big Finish.

Ah, now I remember
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

Travisina
Tyce wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

"I was aiming for his head!" a line also used in the amazing "Firefly" (which is now available on Amazon Prime video) if anyone is interested in watching it who hasn't already.

I love Firefly! Total rip of of Blake's 7 but still... (yeah I know that's controversial)

It is, though. As is 'Andromeda'. And Babylon 5 was 'inspired by' B7.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Travisina
Ah, the film editor was MAC Adams, which means it was my old mate Ian Farr who was the assisstant, and would have laid the sound effects!

Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

Does anyone know why Derek Farr wasn't credited with the voice of Orac for this episode?

Good question. Maybe because it was a continuation of the same character, and it's stated that Orac has the same voice as his inventor?

Travisina
Tyce wrote:

Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Oh that's cheating, I thought you were talking about from the original TV series

Tee hee!

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

"I was aiming for his head!" a line also used in the amazing "Firefly" (which is now available on Amazon Prime video) if anyone is interested in watching it who hasn't already.

Ooh thanks, I've got Amazon Prime, and I wouldn't mind rewatching it.
It's actually a mis-quote from a classic Western ("I was aiming for his horse" ), but I don't know which one. Chris Boucher wrote it in for Paul, because they shared a love of Westerns.

I just recommended my friend who loves all things sci-fi to watch Firefly and her and her hubby loved it so much they watched two episodes straight in the first sitting and she had to drag him to bed to stop him putting on a third one. She only started on Wednesday and I can pretty much guarantee that by the time I see her on Monday she'll have watched the entire series.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

Tyce
Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

I love Firefly! Total rip of of Blake's 7 but still... (yeah I know that's controversial)

Oh really? I've never watched either of those I'm going to have to now.

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Does anyone know why Derek Farr wasn't credited with the voice of Orac for this episode?

Good question. Maybe because it was a continuation of the same character, and it's stated that Orac has the same voice as his inventor?

That's exactly the answer my hubby gave. Although you have stated it much more succinctly and I now understand. So thanks!!

Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Ooh thanks, I've got Amazon Prime, and I wouldn't mind rewatching it.
It's actually a mis-quote from a classic Western ("I was aiming for his horse" ), but I don't know which one. Chris Boucher wrote it in for Paul, because they shared a love of Westerns.

I just recommended my friend who loves all things sci-fi to watch Firefly and her and her hubby loved it so much they watched two episodes straight in the first sitting and she had to drag him to bed to stop him putting on a third one. She only started on Wednesday and I can pretty much guarantee that by the time I see her on Monday she'll have watched the entire series.

Yep, it really is *that* good! Great characters, snappy dialogue, situations with lots of shades of grey (like B7) - where are all the good guys?

Tyce
Okay I'm going to bed now. Have a lovely day.

meegat39
Tyce wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Also Dark Matter is a total B7 rip off

Travisina
Night, Tyce!

Thanks for the company, have a good rweekend, everyone.

Sorry I was so late - I was doing a massive supermarket shop. On the one hand, not too worried about coronavirus. On the other hand, it would be a nuisance if shops ran out of food...

meegat39
Tyce wrote:

Okay I'm going to bed now. Have a lovely day.

Night Tyce, sleep well and thanks for your company

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

Night, Tyce!

Thanks for the company, have a good rweekend, everyone.

Sorry I was so late - I was doing a massive supermarket shop. On the one hand, not too worried about coronavirus. On the other hand, it would be a nuisance if shops ran out of food...

Yes I still need to get some hand gel. Thanks for your company Travisina and have a great weekend too!

Travisina
Tyce wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Andromeda (created by Gene Roddenberry) is the more blatant rip-off, including a hero, a blonde pilot, a telepathic alien, a dark brooding anti-hero, sentient computer...

Babylon 5 (created by JM Straczynski) is epic. I thought it started really well, but IMO went on too long - they'd wrapped up all the storylines at the end of season 4, and were suddenly recommissioned (sound familiar?). It's got terrific characters and story arcs, but the models are CGI which hasn't aged well. Give me real models any day!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.69 seconds
26,012,509 unique visits since 8th January 2014