Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,194
· Newest Rebel: AvonsOtherBrother

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [38 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [24 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [25 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 171
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Rewatch Australia A13: Orac - Sat 29th Feb
Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I've fast forwarded to Vila getting a wet foot. Am I more or less in the right place?


You have gone a little far I think. They have just met Orac. 35 minutes in. Just put him in the box

Oh, I'm way too far ahead! I'll wait here for you.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Tyce
Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Do you know which beach this was filmed on?

No but I'm sure Travisina knows.

It's not a beach! It's clever film editing. They're in a quarry, intercut with stock footage of a beach (not sure which one - Trevor Travis may know)

Interesting. Although I'm pleased for you because I was thinking your beaches over there are very rocky.....

Some of them are. My grandparents lived in Brighton on the south coast, so my entire childhood was pebble beaches. Didn't see a sandy beach until we holidayed in Devon when I was 11. Until that point, I thought sand beaches didn't really exist, and were a made up thing, like Narnia!

Wow that's sad. I virtually grew up on a beach - wonderful, fabulous white sand. :-) I couldn't imagine it any other way.
Edited by Tyce on 29 February 2020 10:13:18
 
meegat39
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I've fast forwarded to Vila getting a wet foot. Am I more or less in the right place?


You have gone a little far I think. They have just met Orac. 35 minutes in. Just put him in the box

Oh, I'm way too far ahead! I'll wait here for you.


Sorry we should have said we started five minutes late.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
meegat39
Just got to the wet foot scene
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
Travisina
Tyce wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Do you know which beach this was filmed on?

No but I'm sure Travisina knows.

It's not a beach! It's clever film editing. They're in a quarry, intercut with stock footage of a beach (not sure which one - Trevor Travis may know)

Interesting. Although I'm pleased for you because I was thinking your beaches over there are very rocky.....

Some of them are. My grandparents lived in Brighton on the south coast, so my entire childhood was pebble beaches. Didn't see a sandy beach until we holidayed in Devon when I was 11. Until that point, I thought sand beaches didn't really exist, and were a made up thing, like Narnia!

Wow that's sad. I virtually grew up on a beach - wonderful, fabulous white sand. :-) I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Brighton Beach was not without interest. We played with the pebbles, filling our little buckets and tipping them out again. Sometimes we'd find bits of bottle glass, worn smooth and round. There were mussels and seaweed. The sea was very cold. When the tide was way, way out, patches of wet, gritty sand would be revealed. Too wet to make into sandcastles, but you could make interesting (but temporary) footprints.
In the summer there was ice cream, in the winter fish & chips. And I still remember my very first cup of grown-up tea at the age of 4 - hot and sweet, on a wet and windy day.
Sorry, got a bit carried away!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
meegat39
Ensor does a very convincing impression of being dead or at least the actor did!!
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

Just got to the wet foot scene

Thanks, Meegat!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

Ensor does a very convincing impression of being dead or at least the actor did!!

It's very sad. He would have been an interesting addition to the Lib crew - probably temporary, though
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Tyce
The sound effects on that beach/quarry help make it work too.
 
meegat39
Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Do you know which beach this was filmed on?

No but I'm sure Travisina knows.

It's not a beach! It's clever film editing. They're in a quarry, intercut with stock footage of a beach (not sure which one - Trevor Travis may know)

Interesting. Although I'm pleased for you because I was thinking your beaches over there are very rocky.....

Some of them are. My grandparents lived in Brighton on the south coast, so my entire childhood was pebble beaches. Didn't see a sandy beach until we holidayed in Devon when I was 11. Until that point, I thought sand beaches didn't really exist, and were a made up thing, like Narnia!

Wow that's sad. I virtually grew up on a beach - wonderful, fabulous white sand. :-) I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Brighton Beach was not without interest. We played with the pebbles, filling our little buckets and tipping them out again. Sometimes we'd find bits of bottle glass, worn smooth and round. There were mussels and seaweed. The sea was very cold. When the tide was way, way out, patches of wet, gritty sand would be revealed. Too wet to make into sandcastles, but you could make interesting (but temporary) footprints.
In the summer there was ice cream, in the winter fish & chips. And I still remember my very first cup of grown-up tea at the age of 4 - hot and sweet, on a wet and windy day.
Sorry, got a bit carried away!


It sounds great, I am envious of anyone that grew up near a beach!!
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
Travisina
Tyce wrote:

The sound effects on that beach/quarry help make it work too.

That's the sound editor - or at the BBC most likely the assistant film editor - doing a good job!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Travisina
A good quiz question could be 'name the 3 actors who have provided the voice of Orac'
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Tyce
Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Tyce wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Do you know which beach this was filmed on?

No but I'm sure Travisina knows.

It's not a beach! It's clever film editing. They're in a quarry, intercut with stock footage of a beach (not sure which one - Trevor Travis may know)

Interesting. Although I'm pleased for you because I was thinking your beaches over there are very rocky.....

Some of them are. My grandparents lived in Brighton on the south coast, so my entire childhood was pebble beaches. Didn't see a sandy beach until we holidayed in Devon when I was 11. Until that point, I thought sand beaches didn't really exist, and were a made up thing, like Narnia!

Wow that's sad. I virtually grew up on a beach - wonderful, fabulous white sand. :-) I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Brighton Beach was not without interest. We played with the pebbles, filling our little buckets and tipping them out again. Sometimes we'd find bits of bottle glass, worn smooth and round. There were mussels and seaweed. The sea was very cold. When the tide was way, way out, patches of wet, gritty sand would be revealed. Too wet to make into sandcastles, but you could make interesting (but temporary) footprints.
In the summer there was ice cream, in the winter fish & chips. And I still remember my very first cup of grown-up tea at the age of 4 - hot and sweet, on a wet and windy day.
Sorry, got a bit carried away!

Wow, that could be good, bad or indifferent depending on your point of view.
 
meegat39
"I was aiming for his head!" a line also used in the amazing "Firefly" (which is now available on Amazon Prime video) if anyone is interested in watching it who hasn't already.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
Tyce
Travisina wrote:

A good quiz question could be 'name the 3 actors who have provided the voice of Orac'

Who was the 3rd one???
 
meegat39
Travisina wrote:

A good quiz question could be 'name the 3 actors who have provided the voice of Orac'


Derek Farr, Peter Tuddenham and I forget the name of the third was it Alexander something the one from the audios
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

"I was aiming for his head!" a line also used in the amazing "Firefly" (which is now available on Amazon Prime video) if anyone is interested in watching it who hasn't already.

Ooh thanks, I've got Amazon Prime, and I wouldn't mind rewatching it.
It's actually a mis-quote from a classic Western ("I was aiming for his horse" ), but I don't know which one. Chris Boucher wrote it in for Paul, because they shared a love of Westerns.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Tyce
meegat39 wrote:

"I was aiming for his head!" a line also used in the amazing "Firefly" (which is now available on Amazon Prime video) if anyone is interested in watching it who hasn't already.

I love Firefly! Total rip of of Blake's 7 but still... (yeah I know that's controversial)
 
Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

A good quiz question could be 'name the 3 actors who have provided the voice of Orac'


Derek Farr, Peter Tuddenham and I forget the name of the third was it Alexander something the one from the audios

2 out 3 - you're close with the third. It's Alistair Lock who plays the voices of Zen and Orac for Big Finish.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
meegat39
Does anyone know why Derek Farr wasn't credited with the voice of Orac for this episode?
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.58 seconds
26,011,471 unique visits since 8th January 2014