Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 17

· Rebels Active: 1
markab2

· Total Rebels: 1,181
· Newest Rebel: MylordAvon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [23 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [24 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 166
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
42nd Anniversary Rewatch - A8 Duel
trevor travis
The episode: Albert Eight – Duel (Carry On Throwing Nuts)
The date: Tuesday, February 25th, 2019
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which Blake and Travis attack each other with blunt sticks, Sinofar forgets a key piece of clothing, and Avon gets all the best lines. Oh, and EVERYONE LIVES for the only time in B7.

Episode in a word: FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Character to cheer: I feel so sorry for the poor Mutoid – such a sympathetic character.
Character to boo: Blake. Sorry, it quite often seems to be Blake, for some reason. But he's totally deserving on this occasion. Kiss the girl, for goodness sake!
Recognisable Face: Carole Royale (Mutoid) was the lead character in the late 1980s sitcom “Life Without George”.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week?: Yes.
Best line: “I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or, indeed, why it should be necessary to prove it at all.”

Blake's 7 will return in... Carry On Up The Hole.

JustBrad
i.imgur.com/Ik3noAA.jpg

Travis And The Mutoids did not fare as well as expected on The Federation's Got Talent.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

One Spare Part
Oh Justbrad! That really cheered me up. Keep up the good work!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

i.imgur.com/Ik3noAA.jpg

Travis And The Mutoids did not fare as well as expected on The Federation's Got Talent.

Grin Grin

One Spare Part
TT - leave the poor lad alone! Being up a tree alone with Jenna and not kissing her would be bad if they were on a play date but goodness, that there Travis was rustling about in the undergrowth somewhere. That would apply the nutcrackers alone - don't forget there was also a blood sucking mutoid, a blood sucking bat, horrible shrieking monsters, not to mention 2/3s of Macbeth's witches lurking invisibly...deffo NOT the right time or place! AngrySmile

trevor travis
One Spare Part wrote:

TT - leave the poor lad alone! Being up a tree alone with Jenna and not kissing her would be bad if they were on a play date but goodness, that there Travis was rustling about in the undergrowth somewhere. That would apply the nutcrackers alone - don't forget there was also a blood sucking mutoid, a blood sucking bat, horrible shrieking monsters, not to mention 2/3s of Macbeth's witches lurking invisibly...deffo NOT the right time or place! AngrySmile

I don't think Travis would be daft enough to attack in complete darkness, while Blake and Jenna have the high ground of being up the tree. As Avon says: "Blake is sitting up in a tree, Travis is sitting up in another tree. Unless they're planning to throw nuts at one another, I don't see much of a fight developing before it gets light."

They are safe for the night - plenty of time for a quick snog, it would help keep them awake for starters. Wink Grin

One Spare Part
Must be a man thing - no woman would want a quick snog under those circs...wait a moment! Is Blake a woman?

trevor travis
One Spare Part wrote:

Must be a man thing - no woman would want a quick snog under those circs...wait a moment! Is Blake a woman?

On the contrary, I think Jenna would love a quick snog up the tree. She's just waiting for Blake to make his move. She's still waiting at the end of "Star One" Wink

One Spare Part
What happened to "modern woman" in the 2nd calendar? Why didn't Jenna make a move on Blake? She could have legged him up in Liberator's corridors and jumped in one of those smuggler's dens with him. No danger of falling out of a tree or being attacked by anything homicidal in there.

JustBrad
One Spare Part wrote:

What happened to "modern woman" in the 2nd calendar?

Alas, after about four episodes Jenna and Cally gradually moved from being modern women to sitting at the teleport worrying about the men.
There are a few glorious exceptions, but IIRC it was one of the reasons Sally left the show after two seasons. She felt Jenna had been marginalized.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

littlesue
One Spare Part wrote:

What happened to "modern woman" in the 2nd calendar? Why didn't Jenna make a move on Blake? She could have legged him up in Liberator's corridors and jumped in one of those smuggler's dens with him. No danger of falling out of a tree or being attacked by anything homicidal in there.

I'm not too sure when Fireball XL5 is set (no doubt in the future) but in one episode our Steve Zodiac tells Venus that he is having friends over for dinner and asks her to come over and COOK the meal for him and his buddies. 'Oh yes' sighs Venus...at which point my two daughters started throwing things at the TV screen!!!!
So I think you'll find that back then that was how things were. My Grandson could never understand why the boys in the Champions almost always told Sharron to let them take on the baddies...to which Grandson demanded to know 'What's wrong with these guys? She has the exact same strength and powers as they have!!!'
Having watched TV since 1963, it never bothered me that the ladies in B7 were often consigned to teleport duties.
Nowadays of course, things would be different.
But I'm not too sure about Jenna making a move on Blake whilst in that tree...I mean to say there are children watching and they would go 'yuck' I expect...anyway, he'd be so shocked he would most probably fall out of said tree! Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Alas, after about four episodes Jenna and Cally gradually moved from being modern women to sitting at the teleport worrying about the men.
There are a few glorious exceptions, but IIRC it was one of the reasons Sally left the show after two seasons. She felt Jenna had been marginalized.

Sally has often admitted it was her inexperience with TV acting that led to Jenna’s downfall. After all, Blake’s 7 didn’t seem to have a problem with strong female characters, quite the contrary. Servalan developed into the most powerful character in the show, after Jacs took the ball and ran with it. Also Soolin doesn’t diminish as a character in the final season – she actually grows stronger as it progresses.

Even if it wasn’t scripted, there was nothing to stop Sally to make sure Jenna was the centre of attention, as did Paul and Jacs with their characters. Also, quite often Paul and Jacs would add to what was scripted – e.g. the kiss in “Death-Watch” was not in the script. So Sally could have got together with Gareth and planned how things would work with Blake and Jenna on-screen. Some of the dialogue up said tree in “Duel” could have been delivered while having a bit of a snog in between!

Jenna has been stronger in the Big Finish range, and no doubt part of that was down to Sally’s insistence, simply because these days she has the confidence to do that.
Edited by trevor travis on 25 February 2020 17:53:23

One Spare Part
Mmmmm. The answer to the snog - no snog matter lies in the tree...from which we should all be watching tonight to give us valuable insight into the osculation oversight! Get climbing!

Ulera
My take on the tree-snog dilemma: Wink

Blake is very focused - he would probably regard himself as being "on duty" or in action at that point, also most of the crew shall we say, "personal interaction" seems to take place in down time and behind closed cabin doors! I am sure there will be a gentle tap on Jenna's cabin door sooner or later...

JustBrad
Blake and Jenna sitting in a tree...
N-O-T-H-I-N-G

i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

One Spare Part wrote:

Sally has often admitted it was her inexperience with TV acting that led to Jenna’s downfall. After all, Blake’s 7 didn’t seem to have a problem with strong female characters, quite the contrary. Servalan developed into the most powerful character in the show, after Jacs took the ball and ran with it. Also Soolin doesn’t diminish as a character in the final season – she actually grows stronger as it progresses.

Even if it wasn’t scripted, there was nothing to stop Sally to make sure Jenna was the centre of attention, as did Paul and Jacs with their characters. Also, quite often Paul and Jacs would add to what was scripted – e.g. the kiss in “Death-Watch” was not in the script. So Sally could have got together with Gareth and planned how things would work with Blake and Jenna on-screen. Some of the dialogue up said tree in “Duel” could have been delivered while having a bit of a snog in between!

Jenna has been stronger in the Big Finish range, and no doubt part of that was down to Sally’s insistence, simply because these days she has the confidence to do that.

And yet she holds her own just fine in TWB and Spacefall... when scripted to do so.

There is something to what you say. A more seasoned actor than Sally was at that time may have been better able to push for better treatment of her character (something Sylvester McCoy taught Sophie Aldred to do in DW).

Re an impromptu kiss... Gareth Thomas stated at a con we attended that he and Sally went to Chris Boucher with the idea of playing up the romantic angle, and were told by the script editor not to.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

littlesue
Just getting ready...pancake, tea, pancake, biccies, pancake, choccie, pancake......
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Lorna
I am hoping I wont be bumped off the website for this rewatch!!!

One Spare Part
littlesue wrote:

Just getting ready...pancake, tea, pancake, biccies, pancake, choccie, pancake......

I don't like pancakes! What about some spam?

Lorna
I love pancakes with some lemon and sugar!!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.84 seconds
25,012,254 unique visits since 8th January 2014