Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 3
ClareGC, One Spare Part, trevor travis

· Total Rebels: 1,244
· Newest Rebel: paulboy

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Does Blake like women?
daro2096
Here is a question for all the fans and maybes the ladies on this forum.

Is Blake interested in women at all? Through out the first two series Blake never once has a sexually relationship with any women. The only ever relationship he ever had was with his cousin Inga but that was years ago before the episode. At least 10 years before. Does Blake like his women on the younger side? Inga would have been about 13, 14 at that time. Blake is supposed to be 34 years of age during the second series. Are Inga and Blake meant to be the same age. Ushton last time he saw Blake was just a young boy, so much time has passed that Ushton doesn't even recognise Blake. Even if Blake was 18 at the time and Inga was maybes four years younger. This does raise all kinds of questions even if you ignore the cousins bit.

Through out the whole series there is not even one hint that Blake has ever had a relationship with any women his own or near to his own age.

So is there any truth to the trumped up child abuse allegations that the state made up regarding Blake and they got it wrong by making three boys "victims" and that they should have had used three girls of the age of 12 to 14?
 
rojkerr1
No truth to the allegations, the state had to brainwash the children into thinking they had been abused by Blake, they would certainly have used any real incidences happily, would have saved them the bother of implanting the experiences. It is implied that Blake is above reproach,the only chance they have to discredit him is to make up something really vile. Remember, they consider just killing him first, but such untruths are more lasting than martyrdom, they would taint Blake forever in the publics eyes, and as the federation won, they probably still do. Inga, not sure, she could look young for her age, not sure of the extent of his relationship with her and Blake could be younger than he states, his stated age is as uncertain as the other facts after his brainwashing.
Relationships, Jenna definitely has the hots for him, witness her jealousy with Inga. I always assumed they were lovers throughout the series, and they find each other again after Star One (explored in my story, You fly you die) He is obviously hammered by her death, not just testing Tarrant in the last episode.
 
rojkerr1
and we don't know if the original put-up victims were boys, some of the names were a bit androgynous, I think I made at least one of them a girl in my story Scars though, written to publicise Mark of Kane and featuring the victims plus the Jeremy Wilkin Tarrant character.
 
JustBrad
First. The series makes it UNDISPUTEABLY clear that the allegations are false.

Second. Keep in mind that we know almost nothing about Blake's life before The Way Back. The Blake we know from the series is totally dedicated to The Cause, fanatically so after witnessing a second massacre of his friends. His burning passion is to defeat the Federation. He has no time for other passions.

Third. What little we do see of Blake's past does indeed indicate he had a relationship with Inga, one he apparently hoped to renew after he defeated the Federation. Presumably this was before he became involved in the Freedom Party, as his life is quite hectic after that (see point one above). So, yes, he liked women, or at least one woman in particular.

Fourth. While Blake's age is clearly stated in Weapon, I don't recall any on screen evidence regarding Inga's age. Supposition that she is ten years or more younger than Blake is just that, supposition. As for the actor's ages, Judy Buxton is only three and a half years younger than Gareth Thomas.
Edited by JustBrad on 19 February 2020 02:42:32
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra
 
sweevo
He might have liked Jenna in THAT way (I think she fell for him eventually)... then again, maybe not. I think the Blake we see on Gauda Prime is the man's raw, uninhibited nature - his true persona. There is only the Cause and nothing more... nothing less.
 
JustBrad
sweevo wrote:

There is only the Cause and nothing more... nothing less.


^This
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra
 
Magic Toenail
daro2096 wrote:

Here is a question for all the fans and maybes the ladies on this forum.

Is Blake interested in women at all? Through out the first two series Blake never once has a sexually relationship with any women. The only ever relationship he ever had was with his cousin Inga but that was years ago before the episode. At least 10 years before. Does Blake like his women on the younger side? Inga would have been about 13, 14 at that time. Blake is supposed to be 34 years of age during the second series. Are Inga and Blake meant to be the same age. Ushton last time he saw Blake was just a young boy, so much time has passed that Ushton doesn't even recognise Blake. Even if Blake was 18 at the time and Inga was maybes four years younger. This does raise all kinds of questions even if you ignore the cousins bit.

Through out the whole series there is not even one hint that Blake has ever had a relationship with any women his own or near to his own age.
I always took it for granted that the accuations were totally baseless,but I do like the idea of Blake as unreliable narrator,you can tell I just saw the Joker,the ultimate unreliable narrator

So is there any truth to the trumped up child abuse allegations that the state made up regarding Blake and they got it wrong by making three boys "victims" and that they should have had used three girls of the age of 12 to 14?

Edited by Magic Toenail on 19 February 2020 02:08:52
 
ZEN1
What about Sarkoff's daughter, Tyce! Or was she just smitten with Blake?
www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-010.gif

Nothing like the 1st cuppa tea in the morning
 
daro2096
Am just asking people. Please don't take offense. No offense is offered.

Ushton when he first sees Blake he doesn't even know who he is. Clearly it has been about 15 to 20 years since the two last met as Blake was just a young boy when he last visited his uncle probably with his father. Even if Inga is supposed to be the same age as the actress playing her it still flags up a few questions. I see no reason why Blake's age is not 34 as that was the information the Federation sent the Clonemasters. Why would the Federation lie about someone's age? Blake was 14 and Inga was 11 or 12. If that happened today in the real world there would be the question of sexual/child abuse being raised. And the fact they are both first cousins raises another question of inappriotate behaviour even though having a sexual relationship with your cousin is currently not illegal in the UK afaik..
 
daro2096
ZEN1 wrote:

What about Sarkoff's daughter, Tyce! Or was she just smitten with Blake?


Oh I think that was one way only. Blake is only interested in the cause as others have already said. It is also hinted at that Jenna does have the hots for Blake but she knows Blake is so one minded on the cause nothing else matters.
 
daro2096
rojkerr1 wrote:

and we don't know if the original put-up victims were boys, some of the names were a bit androgynous, I think I made at least one of them a girl in my story Scars though, written to publicise Mark of Kane and featuring the victims plus the Jeremy Wilkin Tarrant character.


I assumed the three victims were all boys. They could either be boys or girls. Though one is called Carl, I assume that is a boy's name. Unless it is shortened form of a girl's name.
 
Anniew
Its not important. Roj Blake is committed to revolution. That and the tampering with his memories more than explains his reluctance to form intimate relationships.Any other supposition is just shipping. In which we are all free to indulge but it is just that, indulgence. (Which I enjoy along with the best!) not canon.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.
 
One Spare Part
You make a lot of assumptions, daro2096. Who says Blake had no other relationships? Who even suggested his relationship with Inga was sexual? Given that they are of an age, so what if it was? No suggestion of a pervy interest is ever suggested except by the people who wanted to frame Blake once and for all. As it has been pointed out, the man has been tortured and brainwashed, had practically all of his friends murdered...no wonder he's got a one track mind.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."
 
rojkerr1
well said sparepart
 
One Spare Part
rojkerr1 wrote:

well said sparepart

Oooh a compliment! Grin
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."
 
rojkerr1
don't get used to them...might become a habit
 
daro2096
Here is an idea for Big Finish. Blake starts fighting the Federation because Blake was having an illegal relationship with his cousin and the punishment was to banish Ushton and Inga to Exbar for the rest of their lives.
 
One Spare Part
You seem determined to make our Roj some kind of perv. In the western world, marriage between cousins is allowed even if you personally frown upon it. So yet again, Blake would have done no wrong. I can't see any reason why a corrupt and dissolute system like the Federation would change the laws on this. What is it that you want to do with Blake? If you want him to be a baddie with a goodie overcoat, you only need to take a look at the morality of his decision to destroy Star One.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."
 
JustBrad
daro2096 wrote:

Here is an idea for Big Finish. Blake starts fighting the Federation because Blake was having an illegal relationship with his cousin and the punishment was to banish Ushton and Inga to Exbar for the rest of their lives.


No.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra
 
JustBrad
One Spare Part wrote:

If you want him to be a baddie with a goodie overcoat, you only need to take a look at the morality of his decision to destroy Star One.


Or planting a bomb on the Ortega.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.68 seconds
28,930,389 unique visits since 8th January 2014