Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,167
· Newest Rebel: simon63

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
13% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 164
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Nicholas Frankau In Terminal?
daro2096
Does he appear in this episode as a guard or is there a mistake on IMDB?

JustBrad
Can't say I've ever spotted him.

I can't say definitely, but it's hard to imagine an actor of his caliber playing such a minor role, and even harder to imagine him being uncredited.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.

BradPaula
It does say on IMDB that he was a guard in the episode Terminal. Uncredited. I personally don't know this actor so someone who can recognize him can possibly point him out in the episode.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
"Liberation" by Stevens & Moore also lists Frankau as one of the uncredited guards in "Terminal". (Coincidentally I've just seen their uniform reused in "The Dawson Watch" - worn by a certain B7 actor!)

Are we talking about the same Nicholas Frankau who played one of the British pilots in hiding in "Allo Allo"?

briggsy1
I love the idea there's a direct link from B7 to 'Allo 'Allo. Two of my favourite tv shows ever.

daro2096
Joe Dredd wrote:

"Liberation" by Stevens & Moore also lists Frankau as one of the uncredited guards in "Terminal". (Coincidentally I've just seen their uniform reused in "The Dawson Watch" - worn by a certain B7 actor!)

Are we talking about the same Nicholas Frankau who played one of the British pilots in hiding in "Allo Allo"?

Yes.

Joe Dredd
Well, it's not so much of a leap imagining that someone who played a less important role in a large ensemble cast in the mid/late 80s was playing spear carrier roles at the start of the decade.

Joe Dredd
The guard on our left has the same long thin nose, but the guy on our right looks right eye-wise.

i.imgur.com/YfZlagm.jpg

Click to see how incredibly wisely I use my free time.

daro2096
Thanks for putting that together Joe. Not sure it is either but if I had to guess it would be the man on the right. Hard to tell with all that head gear though.

This would be been February/March 1980 and the first episode of 'allo 'allo was Christmas 1981. Would only have been about 18 months between the recording of the two. People don't age that much in that time.

Joe Dredd
The sad-looking guard has the same chin as well as the same nose, although it doesn't seem as prominent as Carstair's chin.

daro2096
I think it is the guard on the right. Am going by his left eye and eyebrow. Both match. I think the actor who plays the guard on the left is called John Christopher I think(off the top of my head).

Joe Dredd
I think you could be right. The guard on the left has droopy eyelids. The guard on the right is a closer match with the eyes and the chin, I think.

trevor travis
At any point of "Terminal", does his character say "HELLO!". That would be the dead giveaway Wink

Endless Midnight
daro2096 wrote:

Thanks for putting that together Joe. Not sure it is either but if I had to guess it would be the man on the right. Hard to tell with all that head gear though.

This would be been February/March 1980 and the first episode of 'allo 'allo was Christmas 1981. Would only have been about 18 months between the recording of the two. People don't age that much in that time.

The first episode of 'Allo 'Allo was actually on 30 December 1982, although I don't know exactly when it was recorded.

Terminal was recorded on location on 5 - 7 February and in the studio on 5 - 7 March 1980.
Edited by Endless Midnight on 29 January 2020 13:57:05

Joe Dredd
Thanks EM (and for politely ignoring my guessed-at 'mid to late 80s' reference above). A true Roobarbian!

So, not much time between the two being filmed, and therefore both 'versions' of Frankau should look very similar.

One Spare Part
trevor travis wrote:

At any point of "Terminal", does his character say "HELLO!". That would be the dead giveaway Wink

That, and the flashing knobs....
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

rojkerr1
honestly sparepart, I will say this only once...good moaning...

daro2096
Endless Midnight wrote:

daro2096 wrote:

The first episode of 'Allo 'Allo was actually on 30 December 1982, although I don't know exactly when it was recorded.

Terminal was recorded on location on 5 - 7 February and in the studio on 5 - 7 March 1980.

82 was it? I thought it was 81.

Endless Midnight
Definitely 82. Conformed on IMDB as well.

trevor travis
rojkerr1 wrote:

honestly sparepart, I will say this only once...good moaning...

I was pissing by the door...

Arthur Bostrom was great as Officer Crabtree!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.74 seconds
24,446,599 unique visits since 8th January 2014