Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,243
· Newest Rebel: Dan Hadley

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [40 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 187
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Limiters - you decide
trevor travis
rojroj wrote:

Is there any line in the series that you will *not* use to demonize Blake and accuse him of something?


He does lie a lot - mind you, he is political and you can't trust them whatever side they're on.

Please don't think I'm against Blake. I'm not. But he is a flawed character - something that Gareth Thomas - a brilliant actor - was keen to emphasise at every opportunity. For example, Blake clearly has trust issues, which eventually help cost him his life.

But, on the whole, Blake was a better leader than Avon, maybe because Avon never wanted to be in such a role in the first place. Blake was trying to do his best in his own flawed way. Meanwhile, even when Avon did the right thing, it was often for the wrong and selfish reasons.

Personally, I'd go for a beer with Vila rather than either of these two Wink
 
JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:


Please don't think I'm against Blake. I'm not. But he is a flawed character...


They all were. Any 'Writer's Guide' will tell you that flawed characters are far more interesting.
Those flaws are one of the primary reasons we are still talking about the show 40 years on.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra
 
trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:


Please don't think I'm against Blake. I'm not. But he is a flawed character...


They all were. Any 'Writer's Guide' will tell you that flawed characters are far more interesting.
Those flaws are one of the primary reasons we are still talking about the show 40 years on.


Yup! Give me a show like B7 any day, as opposed to the perfect characters of Star Trek.
 
JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

But, on the whole, Blake was a better leader than Avon...


Any senior leadership class will teach you that the best way to motivate your employees to do a difficult task is the get them to think it was their idea.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra
 
Cygnus Bazza
On a fairly facile but nevertheless fundamentally practical level, maybe a limiter on Soolin's inability to settle on a single hairstyle might be worth consideration. You'd like to think she's got more urgent things to focus her attention on. But maybe, even in space, you need to (hair)dress to impress. Some of Avon's haircuts were shocking. Think of how much more intimidating he'd have been with a number 1.
 
littlesue
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

On a fairly facile but nevertheless fundamentally practical level, maybe a limiter on Soolin's inability to settle on a single hairstyle might be worth consideration. You'd like to think she's got more urgent things to focus her attention on. But maybe, even in space, you need to (hair)dress to impress. Some of Avon's haircuts were shocking. Think of how much more intimidating he'd have been with a number 1.


No no no!!! Us Avon ladies like to keep a brush and comb ready for when his hair gets all tousled...............
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.29 seconds
28,810,679 unique visits since 8th January 2014