Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 3
sweevo, ClareGC, trevor travis

· Total Rebels: 1,244
· Newest Rebel: paulboy

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
House Guests
Travisina
stormypetrel wrote:

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:

GrinGrin
You realise that image will now float into my mind unbidden every time I look at the spare bed?

Oh dear! Time to rearrange the furniture, perhaps... (Out of interest, who would be on the left and who would be on the right? Who would be nearest the light switch? And who would create the biggest disturbance if they had to get up in the night?????Shock)

After due consideration, I think the disturbance would go something like this: if I’m being forced to sleep in the kitchen, the only way for me to get the bathroom without passing anyone is out of the back door, round the house and back in the front door. Vila (only half asleep because Avon will clearly win the duvet fight, and the heating goes off at night) will hear noises, wake Avon, and convince him that it’s not a ploy to win back the duvet just in time for him to try and shoot the ‘intruder’ coming in the front door. I like to think that at this point I am good at ducking... Then Blake, Gan, Cally and Jenna will all pile down the stairs to see what the fuss is- I bet one of the girls has the sense to put the light on!- and we’ll end up having to put the kettle on (and empty any remaining contents of Vila’s flask, Travisina!) while we concoct a story about poachers in the back field to explain the gunshots to the neighbours.

On second thoughts, I think it might be rather less bother not to invite them...Shock

Brilliant, StormyP - I'm literally LOL-ing! GrinGrin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Joe Dredd
GanMiniMe wrote:

Funnily enough, Avon and Vila being forced to share a spare bed features in the fanfic in my head which I have not written down. This one is for my own amusement.

I can see this as a Morecambe & Wise bed sketch, with Avon trying to do something serious before lights out while Vila wanders around in his dressing gown creating a distraction. "He won't sell many going at that speed!"

Cygnus Bazza
Or 'he won't sell many going at standard by eight'.

On the topic of classic comedy shows:

I can envisage Avon and Travis teaming up in 'Men Behaving Badly'.
I can envisage Avon as Victor Meldrew in 'One Foot in the Grave'.
I can envisage Cally as the Vicar of Dibley.
I can envisage Blake, Vila and Gan on that trandem in 'The Goodies'.
I can envisage Vila in 'Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em'.
I can envisage a young Blake as Wolfie Smith in 'Citizen Smith'.

(Sorry - these are largely UK points of reference.)

GanMiniMe
Stormypetrel, I loved that!!

Cygnus Bazza
Having weighed up an array of possibilities, the sketch that Avon and Vila would be perfect for (Avon = shopkeeper; Vila = customer) would be this one:

https://www.youtu...i_6SaqVQSw

Mod edited by JustBrad to make link clickable.
Edited by JustBrad on 03 March 2020 14:23:55

Mrs_Underhill
What a delightful thread!
Stormypetrel, smiling ear-to-ear after reading your story. Smile

Cygnus Bazza, that was funny. Smile I'm now thinking that Dead Parrot sketch would also suit them, with Vila the shopkeeper and Avon the customer. The parrot could be Blake... But then the shopkeeper would have to be Servalan!

Cygnus Bazza
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

I'm now thinking that Dead Parrot sketch would also suit them, with Vila the shopkeeper and Avon the customer. The parrot could be Blake... But then the shopkeeper would have to be Servalan!

"This rebel has ceased to be..."Grin

Plus, there's this Python classic - I envisage Avon as Cleese and Vila as Palin (go to 1:25 to cut to the chase):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1JWzyvv8A

Mrs_Underhill
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

I'm now thinking that Dead Parrot sketch would also suit them, with Vila the shopkeeper and Avon the customer. The parrot could be Blake... But then the shopkeeper would have to be Servalan!

"This rebel has ceased to be..."Grin

Plus, there's this Python classic - I envisage Avon as Cleese and Vila as Palin (go to 1:25 to cut to the chase):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz1JWzyvv8A

Oh yes, that one fits even better!

trevor travis
I asked Og who he would have in his shed. He said a blow-up Dayna doll. I explained that he could have the real Dayna, but he still wants the doll.

Mrs_Underhill
trevor travis wrote:

I asked Og who he would have in his shed. He said a blow-up Dayna doll. I explained that he could have the real Dayna, but he still wants the doll.

Good for Dayna! Pfft

Joe Dredd
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

"Mediasphere", a Big Finish B7 novel co-authored by Kate Orman, includes a Goodies-like show with Blake played by Tim, Avon played by Graeme and Vila played by Bill.

No need to apologise for the references - we had all those shows in Australia and I'm sure, round the world! At least, anywhere B7 was shown too, so I'm sure most people here will know them.

Cygnus Bazza
Joe Dredd wrote:

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

"Mediasphere", a Big Finish B7 novel co-authored by Kate Orman, includes a Goodies-like show with Blake played by Tim, Avon played by Graeme and Vila played by Bill.

No need to apologise for the references - we had all those shows in Australia and I'm sure, round the world! At least, anywhere B7 was shown too, so I'm sure most people here will know them.

Thanks for the pointer! (And I wonder what they made of 'Citizen Smith' in Central/South America in the 70s???Grin)

GanMiniMe
Here you go, Cygnus Bazza! You asked for it...

Avon hadn’t known what to expect, but it was not this.

He was lying in a bed, in a room with plain cream walls; there was sunshine coming in through the open window; downstairs he could hear distant voices and activity; birds were singing outside.

He sat up and looked around. There were two bookcases, a set of shelves displaying a rather peculiar array of decorative items, and a storage box that looked like it was meant to double up as a seat. The lid was off, revealing a colourful array of mismatched bedding and towels. ORAC has been carefully placed on a rather out-of-place office chair by the window.

There were footsteps climbing stairs outside, a little chinking sound and the briefest of knocks before the door was carefully opened and a young woman came in with two steaming mugs.

“I guessed you wouldn’t take sugar,” she said, offering one to Avon.
“How did I get here?” He asked.
“I was hoping you’d tell me.” She said. “I was asleep last night and got woken up by this whooshing noise, a short burst of incidental music, and both my dogs going berserk. I came outside to find five of you and that-“she nodded towards ORAC “-on my lawn. You were the last one to come round.”
“Five of us?”
“Yes. I was going to call the police but your friends Gan and Cally appealed to my better nature.” Avon allowed himself a small smile. “Well now, if anybody can find a person’s better nature, it’s them.” He sipped the dark brown liquid in his mug. It was bitter, but somehow it immediately helped sharpen his mind. He reached for his jacket, hanging on the corner of the nearest bookcase and fished in one of the pockets for ORAC’s key. He got up and plugged it in. It began with its usual high-pitched irritable whine.

“ORAC, is anybody left on board the Liberator?”
“Blake insisted on operating the teleport himself. He did not want to abandon ship, and could see the obvious merit in transporting me with you.”
“I see.” That was typical of Blake. He sat back down on the bed. The woman was sitting on the corner in her pyjamas, cross-legged, sipping her drink.

“Your Alexa’s huge,” she remarked.
“What?” He suddenly looked slightly awkward.
“Your Alexa. It’s huge.”
“Oh-“
“Is it home-made?”
ORAC broke in.
“If, young lady, you are referring to me then I should tell you that my capabilities vastly outstrip your primitive, twenty-first century models of artificial intelligence.”
Avon slowly turned his head in ORAC’s direction.
“What did you just say?”
“As I was trying to tell you, the consequences of teleportation while at such high velocity can be very unpredictable. The subjects may find themselves sucked into a theoretical vacuum created by the wake of the ship, and can end up severely displaced from their intended destination or time.”
“I was looking for the right moment to tell you,” said the woman. “You’re now I’m the year 2020.” Gently, she reached out and took the mug from His grip. He looked down and realised he had been spilling its contents on the duvet.

“Sorry,” he said, clumsily.
“Don’t worry, you can help me put it in the wash later. I assume you’ll be staying for a while until you can work out how to get back?”

Avon suddenly noticed that the duvet on the other side of the bed was rumpled and the pillows were flattened and crooked. He had not been alone.
“Were you... did we-“
The woman laughed aloud in genuine amusement.
“Good heavens, no!” She exclaimed. Avon tried not to feel slightly rebuffed. He failed.
“My bedroom’s next door. It’s just that when you all turned up at such short notice I had to put you wherever there was space. I put you in with the little chap with the receding hairline.”
Right on cue Vila’s head, receding hairline and all, appeared round the door.
“Good, you’re awake.” He said. “Are you ready to come down? Gan’s making breakfast. Lizzy, Jenna says have you got a hairdryer?”
“Yes.” Lizzy got to get feet. “Does Gan know how to use the cooker?”
The last couple of words were drowned out by a loud, shrill beeping noise from downstairs.
“Obviously not,” she said, looking amused. “Don’t worry, it’s only the smoke alarm. I’ll switch it off.”

Avon watched her hurry downstairs. As the beeping abruptly stopped, it occurred to him that a smoke alarm was the least of their worries.

Cygnus Bazza
GanMiniMe wrote:

Here you go, Cygnus Bazza! You asked for it...

..and I got it! I unreservedly love it, GanMiniMe!!! I actually gave a loud equine snort when I got to the Alexa bit. Surely it can only be a matter of time before #AvonsHugeAlexa starts trending on social media.

Orac balanced on an office chair is a fantastic mental image!

I wonder whether Avon was more horrified by the unthinkable thought of being rebuffed or the unthinkable thought of bedding down for the night (platonically) with Vila??? Interesting that Vila was up first in the morning - I wonder whether Avon slept on his back making a snore-whistle-chunter noise the whole night?

Tremendous stuff! Thanks vm for posting. The big question is, of course - to slightly misquote 'A Question of Sport' - what happens next??? Has Gan left the bathroom in a state?

Ellen York
That's amazing. I'm a sucker for stories where fiction and reality collide Smile

GanMiniMe
Thanks, guys xx

Cygnus Bazza
GanMiniMe wrote:

Thanks, guys xx

No worries! I can't believe this pilot episode won't lead on to the commissioning of a full series. It will, won't it?

GanMiniMe
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

GanMiniMe wrote:

Thanks, guys xx

No worries! I can't believe this pilot episode won't lead on to the commissioning of a full series. It will, won't it?

Lol!! Maybe Channel 4 would make it into a reality TV show- “The Rebels in my Bedroom” !!

Cygnus Bazza
I don't think they could broadcast THAT much before 11pm...

'Kerr Avon and the Bedroom Rebels' would be a great name for a '50s-style rockabilly band.

Mrs_Underhill
GanMiniMe wrote:

Cygnus Bazza wrote:

GanMiniMe wrote:

Thanks, guys xx

Lol!! Maybe Channel 4 would make it into a reality TV show- “The Rebels in my Bedroom” !!

BWAHAHA! Yes please! I'd watch a heck out of it!

I *adored* your story, GanMiniMe! Adding my voice to those begging for continuation. Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.74 seconds
28,930,583 unique visits since 8th January 2014