Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,249
· Newest Rebel: Teleport

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [41 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 188
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Rewatch Australia A7: Mission to Destiny Sat 11th Jan
meegat39
What is unclear is how Sara planned to steal the Neutritope. It seems it was just luck that she was sent to fetch it.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
Travisina
Obsidian wrote:

I love that little interchange between Avon and Cally and Blake's look afterwards.

Yes, it's delicious.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

What is unclear is how Sara planned to steal the Neutritope. It seems it was just luck that she was sent to fetch it.

I expect she would have engineered a way to do it, crafty little minx.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
meegat39
Travisina wrote:

Here's a thought - as well as leaving Avon and Cally on the Ortega, it would have made sense for one or two of the Ortega crew to accompany the Neutrotope with Blake. After all, what was Blake going to do with it when he got there?


That's a good point, the only thing against it is they could be sending a murderer aboard the Liberator.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Here's a thought - as well as leaving Avon and Cally on the Ortega, it would have made sense for one or two of the Ortega crew to accompany the Neutrotope with Blake. After all, what was Blake going to do with it when he got there?


There goes Cally! That saying makes absolutely no sense.

But, yes, you're right. I always expect one of the crew to go with him even though from watching it so many times I know they don't. I guess it would mess with the Agatha Christie/Murder in the Dark theme to remove one or more of the characters.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Obsidian
meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Here's a thought - as well as leaving Avon and Cally on the Ortega, it would have made sense for one or two of the Ortega crew to accompany the Neutrotope with Blake. After all, what was Blake going to do with it when he got there?


That's a good point, the only thing against it is they could be sending a murderer aboard the Liberator.


She would probably have manufactured a ruse to get out of going.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Travisina
Obsidian wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Here's a thought - as well as leaving Avon and Cally on the Ortega, it would have made sense for one or two of the Ortega crew to accompany the Neutrotope with Blake. After all, what was Blake going to do with it when he got there?


That's a good point, the only thing against it is they could be sending a murderer aboard the Liberator.


She would probably have manufactured a ruse to get out of going.

Or, if it was Sara who volunteered to go with, she'd have brought the Neutrope and made new arrangements with her contacts, offering them not only that but the Liberator into the bargain!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
meegat39
Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Here's a thought - as well as leaving Avon and Cally on the Ortega, it would have made sense for one or two of the Ortega crew to accompany the Neutrotope with Blake. After all, what was Blake going to do with it when he got there?


That's a good point, the only thing against it is they could be sending a murderer aboard the Liberator.


She would probably have manufactured a ruse to get out of going.

Or, if it was Sara who volunteered to go with, she'd have brought the Neutrope and made new arrangements with her contacts, offering them not only that but the Liberator into the bargain!


Yes sounds like her. But what I really meant is that once Rafford was murdered. Blake couldn't take the chance of having any of the Ortega crew on his ship in case he ended up with the murderer.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Here's a thought - as well as leaving Avon and Cally on the Ortega, it would have made sense for one or two of the Ortega crew to accompany the Neutrotope with Blake. After all, what was Blake going to do with it when he got there?


That's a good point, the only thing against it is they could be sending a murderer aboard the Liberator.


She would probably have manufactured a ruse to get out of going.

Or, if it was Sara who volunteered to go with, she'd have brought the Neutrope and made new arrangements with her contacts, offering them not only that but the Liberator into the bargain!



Is there any indication that the Ortega crew knows who Blake and Co are?
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Obsidian
Avon is quite a cute Poirot. It has to be him because of the 'incisive' mind. Trying to imagine him with waxed moustaches.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
meegat39
Is there any indication that the Ortega crew knows who Blake and Co are?

I don't think there have been any sign of them knowing.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
Travisina
Obsidian wrote:

Avon is quite a cute Poirot. It has to be him because of the 'incisive' mind. Trying to imagine him with waxed moustaches.

Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

Is there any indication that the Ortega crew knows who Blake and Co are?

I don't think there have been any sign of them knowing.

Interesting point. Would they have been so willing to accept help from escaped fugitives, who have the Federation snapping at their heels?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Travisina
"...if only we could see it..." It's behind you!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Obsidian
meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Here's a thought - as well as leaving Avon and Cally on the Ortega, it would have made sense for one or two of the Ortega crew to accompany the Neutrotope with Blake. After all, what was Blake going to do with it when he got there?


That's a good point, the only thing against it is they could be sending a murderer aboard the Liberator.


She would probably have manufactured a ruse to get out of going.

Or, if it was Sara who volunteered to go with, she'd have brought the Neutrope and made new arrangements with her contacts, offering them not only that but the Liberator into the bargain!


Yes sounds like her. But what I really meant is that once Rafford was murdered. Blake couldn't take the chance of having any of the Ortega crew on his ship in case he ended up with the murderer.


That's certainly a possibility but I'd sort of expect the offer to be made and some reasons against it given. Then again, it probably wasn't essential for moving on the story.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
meegat39
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Is there any indication that the Ortega crew knows who Blake and Co are?

I don't think there have been any sign of them knowing.

Interesting point. Would they have been so willing to accept help from escaped fugitives, who have the Federation snapping at their heels?


Ah, it was actually Obsidian's point. My view wen a bit funny so I was quoting and replying at the same time. However, I agree they would probably have been much more reluctant.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.
 
Travisina
Obsidian wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Here's a thought - as well as leaving Avon and Cally on the Ortega, it would have made sense for one or two of the Ortega crew to accompany the Neutrotope with Blake. After all, what was Blake going to do with it when he got there?


That's a good point, the only thing against it is they could be sending a murderer aboard the Liberator.


She would probably have manufactured a ruse to get out of going.

Or, if it was Sara who volunteered to go with, she'd have brought the Neutrope and made new arrangements with her contacts, offering them not only that but the Liberator into the bargain!


Yes sounds like her. But what I really meant is that once Rafford was murdered. Blake couldn't take the chance of having any of the Ortega crew on his ship in case he ended up with the murderer.


That's certainly a possibility but I'd sort of expect the offer to be made and some reasons against it given. Then again, it probably wasn't essential for moving on the story.

It's the sort of thing that may have been in an early draft and then edited for time - as you say, it's not essential for moving on the story.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Is there any indication that the Ortega crew knows who Blake and Co are?

I don't think there have been any sign of them knowing.

Interesting point. Would they have been so willing to accept help from escaped fugitives, who have the Federation snapping at their heels?


The Liberator is mentioned and it's capabilities but no-one puts 2+2 together. Maybe their notoreity hadn't got that far yet.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Travisina
Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Is there any indication that the Ortega crew knows who Blake and Co are?

I don't think there have been any sign of them knowing.

Interesting point. Would they have been so willing to accept help from escaped fugitives, who have the Federation snapping at their heels?


The Liberator is mentioned and it's capabilities but no-one puts 2+2 together. Maybe their notoreity hadn't got that far yet.

Possibly. Also, the Destinians are more preoccupied with their own survival and probably not paying too much attention to global - I mean, galactic - affairs.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
Obsidian
The names of the Ortega crew interest me because of the Sonheim and Dortmunn with their Germanic origins.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown
 
http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.85 seconds
29,529,064 unique visits since 8th January 2014