Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 15

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Advent calendar - yea or nay?
Joe Dredd
Should we do it again this year?

i.imgur.com/Vf4PtKZ.jpg

i.imgur.com/QV9yXHQ.jpg

Henry Eggleton
Why not
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
JustBrad

Something else to chase?

Agreed. Why not?
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.

Hugbot
My first thought was, 'Of course! Why is that even a question?'
Then I remembered that last year, we had some difficulties to find volunteers for all the dates; there were still many gaps on 1st December, and you ended up doing four or five shifts. I guess that must have been a somewhat frustrating experience.
But believe me - the annual Horizon Advent calendar is highly appreciated, and I wouldn't want to miss it! It wouldn#t be a proper Advent season without the daily dose of B7 madness!

stormypetrel
Yes please! I missed it last year because I was too nervous to sign up to the forum in time, but Id like to have a go this time round.

trevor travis
Yes please!

Keen this year and got something ready! (Actually did it last Christmas when I had a sudden inspiration).

GanMiniMe
What is this?? Please explain, I may or
May not be interested, Im curious either way!!

BradPaula
I really look forward to it each year and plan on doing something for the project. So a loud 'yes' from me! Let us hope some of our newer members join in the fun!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd
GanMiniMe wrote:

Hi GanMiniMe,

In previous years we've had an 'advent' thread running on the forum through 1st December - 24th December. Volunteers sign up through November to post something, on a chosen day in December, for everyone to enjoy. It can be B7 related, but it doesn't have to be. We've had puzzles and poems and riddles and cartoons and stories and quite a few really imaginatively 'one-off' entries. One year someone programmed a B7-themed "Asteroids" game playable in a web browser! (Take a bow, cakeinmilk!) In short, instead of opening a door on an advent calendar to discover the treat inside, you pop into the forum each day to see what treat has been posted.

The main rule is to have fun. The secondary rules are: (1) don't worry if someone comes up with the same idea as you, and (2) don't worry about how much time, technical skill, super-impressive software, talent, etc you have (or don't have!). It doesn't matter if my drawing of two stick figures follows your super video download presentation. Don't be daunted by anything anyone else does. Just have fun (see main rule)!

You can see the last two Advent calendar threads here:
Advent 2018
Advent 2017

There are earlier ones too but these will give you an idea of what they're like. We also run a separate thread for comments, to keep the Advent thread clear for the entries only.

If you're interested, we'd love you to join in! Everyone is welcome, and the more participants the more fun it is.

BradPaula
GanMiniMe wrote:

We do a non-religious Advent calendar each year which starts on December 1st and goes until Christmas. Members can sign up for a day and post a drawing, joke, puzzle, poem, story, photo- whatever you like- for your special day. The fun is seeing what is posted each day by a member. It's a good way to celebrate the holiday season and see the talent our members have. Even if you think you don't have any talent, you can post a favorite music video, or photo or whatever- it's all about the sharing of fun for the season. So please consider it- I've written stories, posted some crude artwork of mine, made up Blake's 7 themed Christmas carol lyrics- the list is endless. Cheers and we hope to see you on the Calendar!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Travisina
It's a yea from me too, JD - I love the Advent thread!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

GanMiniMe
Sounds great! Id be up for it! Thanks for explaining xx

littlesue
All ready working on it!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Mrs_Underhill
Yes please! I loved it last year, will try something for this year too.

Mistletoe12
The Advent Calendar has become a Horizon tradition; so yeah, thumbs up from me. It would be lovely to have newer members playing too - and from reading above, looks like that's going to happen this year.

I have one thing semi-planned for the advent and if time permits, will also contribute on Christmas Eve's free-for-all day.

Thanks as always for doing this, Joe! It's much appreciated!

Joe Dredd
Okay, the 'ayes' have it!

i.imgur.com/ysYQS0x.gif

winnie-l
Joe Dredd wrote:Okay, the 'ayes' have it!
i.imgur.com/ysYQS0x.gif
That's a good one but I have to say I prefer PresSolvite's (I think it was) .gif of "googley eyes" - which still makes me laugh every time (BLESS!):
seis.bristol.ac.uk/~phpwl/callyeyes.gif

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.83 seconds
23,294,025 unique visits since 8th January 2014