Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Alternatives for 'Going Out' on the Roundup
To promote non-B7 events To promote non-B7 events 86%[6 Votes]
To remove this section unless there's a B7 appearance or event To remove this section unless there's a B7 appearance or event 14%[1 Vote]
Other (ideas welcome) Other (ideas welcome) 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 7
 Print Thread
'Going Out' on the Roundup
Travisina
Hi all,

The format of the weekly Rebellion Roundup announcing forthcoming B7 cast and crew appearances (Going Out / Staying In) has remained unchanged for several years. However, cast and crew appearances at on stage and at conventions have sadly been dwindling, and this section looks set to be especially sparse for the next few months.

There are a couple of options:

1. To promote other SF / Fantasy conventions that may have an assocation with B7, eg Doctor Who events
2. To remove the 'Going Out' section and only reinstate it when there's a B7 guest or dedicated event that week. The 'Staying In' section would be renamed appropriately - possibly just as 'Horizon Rewatches'.

Please let me know what you'd prefer - other ideas also welcome!

Thanks,

Travisina, News Editor
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

BradPaula
Guess we need to face the sad truth, so, in that case. why don't we promote other events hopefully with a B7 connection, no matter how tenuous. For instance, the con we attend, TARDIS con- we are excited because not only is there Big Finish in attendance with Jason Haigh-Ellery, but Richard Franklin (trooper in Aftermath and Capt. Yates from Doctor Who), John Leeson, in both Mission to Destiny and Gambit, and the Big Finish Blake's 7 (Return to Destiny), and also Louise Jameson, who also appeared in Big Finish's Blake's 7 (Logic) and directed (Return to Destiny with John Leeson)? That's our reason for attending!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

littlesue
Well basically it's a good excuse to gatecrash these events wearing our B7 T shirts and teleport bracelets!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

stormypetrel
What Paula said sounds sensible. And a lot of people here arenít only into B7, are they, so other associated things might be appreciated?

Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

Guess we need to face the sad truth, so, in that case. why don't we promote other events hopefully with a B7 connection, no matter how tenuous. For instance, the con we attend, TARDIS con- we are excited because not only is there Big Finish in attendance with Jason Haigh-Ellery, but Richard Franklin (trooper in Aftermath and Capt. Yates from Doctor Who), John Leeson, in both Mission to Destiny and Gambit, and the Big Finish Blake's 7 (Return to Destiny), and also Louise Jameson, who also appeared in Big Finish's Blake's 7 (Logic) and directed (Return to Destiny with John Leeson)? That's our reason for attending!

Thanks, Paula. Yes, promoting Big Finish attendance at events is a good idea (to an extent I already do this, eg this week Lisa Bowerman is appearing at a convention). But I could extend this to include appearances at overseas conventions, eg TARDIS con - after all, Horizon has an international reach, with a good number of members in the US.

littlesue wrote:
Well basically it's a good excuse to gatecrash these events wearing our B7 T shirts and teleport bracelets!!

Excellent plan, Littlesue! Grin

stormypetrel wrote:
What Paula said sounds sensible. And a lot of people here arenít only into B7, are they, so other associated things might be appreciated?

Thanks, StormyP. I'll include other associated things!

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

I go along with the above!

trevor travis
littlesue wrote:

I'm sure Paula has probably mentioned to you how we hi-jacked Dimensions Con in Newcastle in 2012 Wink With Jacs and Brian there, what else could we do? Grin Grin

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

littlesue wrote:

I'm sure Paula has probably mentioned to you how we hi-jacked Dimensions Con in Newcastle in 2012 Wink With Jacs and Brian there, what else could we do? Grin Grin

Correct! We try and hijack all cons and make them into B7 cons. After 35 years in B7 fandom, I know no other way of behaving! And besides, it's fun! TT, Dimensions con 2012 never knew what hit it!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Mistletoe12
Facing facts, as others have said, I understand 'Going Out' section as we've known it, isn't sustainable as we move further forward in time.

But I would hate to lose it completely.

While we have threads on the site relating to other shows and interests - and that's brilliant - for me, Horizon is a haven for dedicated Blake's 7 fans. Its forum is wonderfully old-school; one of the last surviving websites that allow everybody to 'mingle in conversation threads' knowing their opinions are respected and all can join in the fun without selling your soul to Facebook in order to converse with fellow fans. Social Media is popular, undeniably - and I love Twitter - but it isn't the same as Horizon, which will always be my Blake's 7 Home.

People come here knowing first and foremost, the site is about B7; they choose to come here knowing this and that's a good thing. So, whilst having discussion threads about other subjects/shows and the like is terrific, I think the main page, the place where older and newer fans alike pick up the latest information, should always have some correlation with/to the series/cast/crew and so on ...

So, I would prefer, rather than losing 'Going Out', include the section on the weekly updates, if/whenever there is news - however loosely - that links it to Blake's 7.

JustBrad
Almost posted last week, but wanted to think about it.

I quite like the 'Going Out / Staying In' format. It's catchy, and appropriate for most of us mad sad sci fi fans who are just as happy watching a DVD with a friend as we are going out to a fancy gala.

Using 'Going Out' as a platform to promote non B7 movie premieres , sci fi / fantasy cons, or other 'out of the house' sci fi events would be a good idea. There's always been a large crossover of fandom between B7 and other shows.

And this dovetails nicely with the use of 'Staying In' to promote Big Finish releases, sci fi telly premieres, and appearances by sci fi actors in non sci fi shows.

As the Fifth Doctor (?) said, Adapt, Adopt, and Improve.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.

Travisina
Thanks to everyone for getting back to me.

The majority seems to be to continue the 'Going Out' format, but expanding it to include other SF events. Bearing in mind Mistletoe12's comment, as far as possible, I'll try to ensure there's a B7 connection, however tenuous. For example, this week's list includes an appearance by Lisa Bowerman (Big Finish, director of many B7 audios) and screenings of 'Sil & the Devil Seed of Arobos', which was directed by Keith Barnfather (director of the Mythmaker series, including the most recent B7 40th Anniversary collection and last year's interview with Michael Keating). I can also mention US conventions with BF or B7-related guests.

Please can I ask people to let me know about any events I've missed? I glean my information from a couple of websites that list UK conventions, but they're not always up to date. Same goes for actor appearances on TV - I know that they're mentioned on the forum, but by then it's usually too late for me to add them to the Roundup. Advance notice would be appreciated!

Thanks again Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
23,197,915 unique visits since 8th January 2014