Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,165
· Newest Rebel: Cygnus Bazza

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
13% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [17 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 163
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Australia A1: The Way Back - Saturday 2nd Nov
Obsidian
It's a good location.[/quote]
It was a disused something or other - TT probably knows more.[/quote]

It's called Monkton Fairfield or something. In use by the military these days.

Talking of locations, Gillian Bailey revealed the location for the stream, but I can't remember where she said it was.[/quote]

Must look it up.
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

Nothing like an early evening massacre to get a kidult programme off to a good start. Gosh, that was brutal.

Due to the New Year schedules, this episode went out at 6pm instead of 7.15pm as well Wink

Later on, Blake is framed for crimes against kids.

Obsidian
Ah, the lounges. Funky.

trevor travis
I love this episode. Terry Nation really knew how to write opening episodes. The first episode of Survivors is even more brutal - that wipes out 99.99% of humanity in a plague.

Obsidian
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Nothing like an early evening massacre to get a kidult programme off to a good start. Gosh, that was brutal.

Due to the New Year schedules, this episode went out at 6pm instead of 7.15pm as well Wink

Excellent timing! Didn't some places ban the 1st ep because of the kiddie crime (but not the massacre)?

Travisina
I love the way the sound designer added a sci-fi whoosh effect to ordinary doors!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

trevor travis
I reckon modern politics must also work a bit like this Wink

Morag reminds me of a few MPs Shock

Obsidian
trevor travis wrote:

I love this episode. Terry Nation really knew how to write opening episodes. The first episode of Survivors is even more brutal - that wipes out 99.99% of humanity in a plague.

Can't remember if I saw that back in the day.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

I'll never forget the first time I saw that - seared on my brain.

Obsidian
trevor travis wrote:

More than a few, sadly.

trevor travis
Obsidian wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Excellent timing! Didn't some places ban the 1st ep because of the kiddie crime (but not the massacre)?

Not aware of a ban. It was never banned over here, although the heavily edited original videos did cut out the whole child molesting bit.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

I love the way she looks really uncomfortable on that sofa. I know what it's like - being a short-legged person myself, it's hard to get comfortable when you can either lean back or have your feet touch the floor, but not both!

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

I love the way the sound designer added a sci-fi whoosh effect to ordinary doors!

I did a weekly radio serial at university radio back in the mid-70s and we used LPs of sound effects no coconuts etc just find the right track.

trevor travis
Obsidian wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Can't remember if I saw that back in the day.

Terry Nation was only involved in the first season. and that's the really strong one. Well worth seeking out.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Not aware of a ban. It was never banned over here, although the heavily edited original videos did cut out the whole child molesting bit.

So how did they get him tried/sentenced/sent to Cygnus?

Travisina
Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I did a weekly radio serial at university radio back in the mid-70s and we used LPs of sound effects no coconuts etc just find the right track.

We were still doing that at the BBC in the 1980s! Massive sound fx library available, all on vinyl that had to be transferred to 16mm tape for cutting into the soundtrack of a drama.

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

So how did they get him tried/sentenced/sent to Cygnus?

The implication is for his past crimes, I think.

Obsidian
trevor travis wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Australia showed it with no probs. Maybe in Queensland it wasn't shown. Would have to ask my brother.

Obsidian
Travisina wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Travisina wrote:

We were still doing that at the BBC in the 1980s! Massive sound fx library available, all on vinyl that had to be transferred to 16mm tape for cutting into the soundtrack of a drama.

Ahh. Radio 2XX was cutting edge... Grin

trevor travis
I think it must around 1992 since I last saw the edited video. It's around two hours long - with around 15 minutes from the Way Back, 45 from Space Fall, 30 from Cygnus Alpha and 30 from Time Squad.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
23,861,860 unique visits since 8th January 2014