Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,237
· Newest Rebel: K9

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [39 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 186
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Team Blake Event Sunday 26th July 2020
Obsidian
Ticket bought!!! YAY! YAY and YAY!

Can't tell youse all how thrilled I am to be coming to this event. This is going to be my first time so if anyone has advice on the where-to-stays for it I'd be greatly appreciative. It will depend on when the airline flights are Ė but I expect to get to the UK from OZ sometime earlier in the week so I'm not jet-lagged, arrive Steventon Saturday Ė somehow.

Planning a bit of a Blakation...
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
meegat39
I've just bought my ticket too! Obsidian it will be lovely to meet you for the first time. Others too! And the usual suspects of course. The Cherry Tree is the most convenient place to stay generally, because we always meet up in there anyway. Not sure if there are any rooms left. I wouldn't particularly recommend the Premier Inn unless you don't mind driving (no drinking!) as it's quite a reasonable distance. I stayed there last year and nearly ended up stranded in Steventon with no way of getting back in the dark. Taxis don't run much around there. But there are other nice places to stay in Steventon too.

Here's one of them. Stayed here one year and it was lovely.

https://l.faceboo...O4EH3cjqyY
Edited by meegat39 on 25 January 2020 11:15:14
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

clanger68
i.imgur.com/tmLXSTp.jpg

Tickets for 'Forever Avon' only became available a couple of days ago and already over half have been sold.

To say Team Blake is overwhelmed and moved by the support for the event would be the understatement of the Century!

It is wonderful to see Blake's 7 and Paul Darrow still get such support, long live Blake's 7 and its fandom.

Thank you all so much and we look forward to seeing you all in July.

There are lots of exciting updates and announcements to come over the next few weeks. So, put up the radiation flare shields. Clear the neutron blasters for firing and prepare to set a course for Steventon, Standard by Twelve!
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
BradPaula
Just thought I'd mention this as we seem to have not only the usual gang coming to the con but other new members, which we are thrilled to hear about- so Trevor Travis and I have been mulling over the con weekend and what we can do together on Saturday afternoon and evening. We have a plan and hopefully we will be able to tell you all about it soon. And anyone driving down - their help would be much appreciated in moving us from one place to the other. More to come later- but we think we have things in hand now..... *grin*

And as for accommodations near the con venue, as Meegat said, the Cherry Tree has rooms, but they sell out very fast. I believe there might be some B&B's nearby and there is the Didcot Premier hotel outside of Steventon. A Google search may reveal more places to stay. If anyone has suggestions, please let us know as it seems we'll be having a few new people at the convention this year, and that's always a good thing!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Mrs_Underhill
stormypetrel wrote:
For other peopleís avoidance of rickety buses, I could be persuaded to pretend Iím conventional and bring the car down. Iíll be doing Saturday to Monday too. So that would be an extra four seats for any location visit if necessary.

Oh, thank you for the offer, I'm sure those seats will be in high demand if we decide to go somewhere! Smile

But now I'm not sure about the nature of the location visits: does it mean going to B7 locations? Are any of them nearby?
That'll be fantastic - I've never been to one.

Or was it about doing local sight-seeing - which is also great with Oxford nearby.

Obsidian - wow, that's quite a trip! And it's great to see many people staying Sat-Monday, more time to meet and talk about our favorite things.

And I vouch for Cherry Tree and also for the Farm House - lovely places.

UPDATE: BradPaula, just saw your last post. Can't wait for your plans to be revealed. Smile

BradPaula
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

stormypetrel wrote:
For other peopleís avoidance of rickety buses, I could be persuaded to pretend Iím conventional and bring the car down. Iíll be doing Saturday to Monday too. So that would be an extra four seats for any location visit if necessary.

Oh, thank you for the offer, I'm sure those seats will be in high demand if we decide to go somewhere! Smile

But now I'm not sure about the nature of the location visits: does it mean going to B7 locations? Are any of them nearby?
That'll be fantastic - I've never been to one.

Or was it about doing local sight-seeing - which is also great with Oxford nearby.

Obsidian - wow, that's quite a trip! And it's great to see many people staying Sat-Monday, more time to meet and talk about our favorite things.

And I vouch for Cherry Tree and also for the Farm House - lovely places.

UPDATE: BradPaula, just saw your last post. Can't wait for your plans to be revealed. Smile

Mrs. Underhill, I see you've checked my post above yours. TT and I have an idea for Saturday afternoon and it would be a location visit indeed. And by location visit, I mean a location where Blake's 7 was shot. Please bear with us, we have just started discussing the weekend! But yes, a location visit means a location where the show was shot and yes, there is one nearby. More news to come when I again speak with TT. Cheers all- and looking forward to the weekend!

stormypetrel
BradPaula wrote:

Just thought I'd mention this as we seem to have not only the usual gang coming to the con but other new members, which we are thrilled to hear about- so Trevor Travis and I have been mulling over the con weekend and what we can do together on Saturday afternoon and evening. We have a plan and hopefully we will be able to tell you all about it soon. And anyone driving down - their help would be much appreciated in moving us from one place to the other. More to come later- but we think we have things in hand now..... *grin*

And as for accommodations near the con venue, as Meegat said, the Cherry Tree has rooms, but they sell out very fast. I believe there might be some B&B's nearby and there is the Didcot Premier hotel outside of Steventon. A Google search may reveal more places to stay. If anyone has suggestions, please let us know as it seems we'll be having a few new people at the convention this year, and that's always a good thing!

In that case it looks as if Iíve been booked as a taxi, doesnít it? Wink I am guessing overtime as to destination here...

BradPaula
stormypetrel wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

In that case it looks as if Iíve been booked as a taxi, doesnít it? Wink I am guessing overtime as to destination here...

Well, I had hoped you'd volunteer, Stormy.... more later.

RichardMk2
I've booked myself into the Cherry Tree so I could be around on Saturday for a location visit. I shall be driving so also able to give lifts from Didcot Parkway Railway station.

trevor travis
I'm sure I have some contacts from our previous location visit to Abingdon (4 miles away from Steventon) three years ago - I will contact them during the next couple of weeks or so, once I know what time everyone can make. Last time, we left it quite late in the day to book, so hopefully there's no problem this time, because we've left ourselves much more time.

I'm guessing some people (myself included) need to book into hotels, etc. But I'm thinking we go across before that, maybe at around noon or maybe 11am. Are people OK with those times? We do need to allow time to park - Abingdon is very busy on a Saturday.

Last time we saw both locations, but other places (e.g. the roof of the museum which has a view of the whole town) were closing just as we reached them, and we didn't really time to do that bit of it properly. I think we might do those bits first, before we go off to the locations. One of the locations is completely public, so we could that last.

How's this for a rough plan for Saturday:

11am Meet in Cherry Tree car park for location visit to Abingdon
11.30am Museum, etc, find somewhere for a snack
1.30pm Booked location visit, followed by public location
3pm (ish) Return to book into hotels
6pm Evening meal in Cherry Tree (they are open all day, but start serving food again at 6pm).

We can easily shift times, if people can't make it for 11am. There is plenty of leeway in the above - last time, it was quite rushed, but the above should be a bit more leisurely. Hopefully it's a nice day and we can include going through the meadows to the River Thames, which is very scenic.
Edited by trevor travis on 26 January 2020 10:50:37

Cygnus Bazza
What exactly are the B7 locations in and around Abingdon? I've lived in the area for donkey's years but never knew about them!

trevor travis
Cygnus Bazza wrote:

What exactly are the B7 locations in and around Abingdon? I've lived in the area for donkey's years but never knew about them!

The door to where the crew seek refuge in Pressure Point is within the Abbey Buildings. The ruins of the church where Blake and Gan are seen is close to the Abbey Meadows car park.

I'm hoping this time we'll have a little time to wander down the meadows to the River Thames, which is very scenic.

Unfortunately, the bit we can't visit is the entrance to Central Control - which is active RAF land.
Edited by trevor travis on 26 January 2020 10:37:53

Cygnus Bazza
Great - thanks.

trevor travis
The other good news is that it's us going to these locations rather than Roj Blake. When Blake goes, he tends to come back with one person missing.... Shock

stormypetrel
trevor travis wrote:

The other good news is that it's us going to these locations rather than Roj Blake. When Blake goes, he tends to come back with one person missing.... Shock

Another reason for me to drive. You canít lose me, or youíll be stranded...Cool

trevor travis
stormypetrel wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Another reason for me to drive. You canít lose me, or youíll be stranded...Cool

Grin Grin

littlesue
I am travelling up very early Sunday morning with my collection of Fanzines from yesteryear, plus all my folders of Conventions from the 80s etc', etc.
If anyone feels a bit overwhelmed by the whole new experience (as I was back in 1981 at Teal Vandor), please fell free to hunt me down in the second hall and introduce your self. If I'm not there, Dearest will be, no doubt reading his newspaper, he will point you in the right direction "She's over there, I think...or out there...or.......'
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

BradPaula
RichardMk2 wrote:

I've booked myself into the Cherry Tree so I could be around on Saturday for a location visit. I shall be driving so also able to give lifts from Didcot Parkway Railway station.

Richard, we know we can always rely on you. Thank you.

BradPaula
Thank you, TT for sketching out our Saturday itinerary. I am wondering if a noon start would be better. We will be heading in from around Bristol and if I read Google correctly that will take between one and a half and nearly 2 hours, so I'll pipe up and ask that we start our day at noon at the Cherry Tree. Is everyone ok with that?

Hugbot
Ticket bought, flight and accomodation booked!

I won't arrive in Steventon in time to take part in the Abingdon outing but will see you for dinner in the Cherry Tree on Saturday.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
28,319,571 unique visits since 8th January 2014