Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,158
· Newest Rebel: Project TAS

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [11 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [23 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 159
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

 Print Thread
41st Anniversary Rewatch - C13 Terminal
Travisina
The episode: Colin Thirteen – Terminal (Carry On Through The Particle Cloud)
The date: Tuesday, October 8th, 2019
The time: 7.45pm UK time


Over to you, TT! Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
JustBrad
i.imgur.com/J5h5uVF.jpg

Steven: Did the voice over announcer just say we've been renewed for a fourth season?
Michael: Yes!
Paul: Well, now!
Jossette: Wonderful!
Jan: ...Damn.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.
 
Hugbot
i.imgur.com/YUWxQqc.jpg
 
Travisina
Oh Brad and Huggy, my keyboard just got sprayed - TWICE!
LOL-tastic stuff Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
stormypetrel
Ha!GrinGrin Nice, chaps!
 
BradPaula
Hahahaha Hugbot- I'm more than a bit disappointed that the 'links' you provide are only joke sites. One of them may have proved very interesting.....
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
Travisina
BradPaula wrote:

Hahahaha Hugbot- I'm more than a bit disappointed that the 'links' you provide are only joke sites. One of them may have proved very interesting.....

Steady! Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent
 
sweevo
The original planned ending to the series. The big question is: would the show be as fondly remembered or would it have had a similar (or even different) legacy if this episode had been the finale as intended?
 
BradPaula
Sweevo, I rather doubt the series would be as fondly remembered had we not had Gauda Prima and that shocking shooting at the end. I still insist it would have been so good to have Servalan waltz in at the end, all smiles, and have Avon shoot her down, and then the troopers shoot Avon.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.
 
JustBrad
Sweevo.

As you say, Terminal, as the name suggests, was the original end of the series, and it worked. In my humble opinion, S4 was in many ways a season too far. (I stole that from someone on the production team, but I can't recall who).

Terminal put a nice bow on everything. Blake was dead, but so was Servalan. The Evil Federation and the hero willing to sacrifice everything had destroyed each other.

The decision to extend the series left several issues to be resolved.
1. The surviving protagonists needed a new ship.
2. The non surviving protagonist (Cally) needed to be replaced.
3. Their new ship needed to be fast.
4. It needed a teleport.
5. They needed an antagonist, either a new one, which would require back story, or some way to bring Servalan back.

The restart lasted several episodes, episodes that had to concentrate on resolving these issues rather than on character development or plot development. Some, like Rescue, are brilliant, others, not so much. By the time all this was done, S4 was nearly half over, and felt more like a spinoff than a continuation.

That said, Blake's 7 wouldn't be Blake's 7 without Sand, Gold, Orbit, Warlord, and Blake; five of the best episodes to close out a series in the history of television.
Edited by JustBrad on 07 October 2019 03:45:29
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.
 
littlesue
Darn it, those pesky two gentlemen have got crafty....one slightly damp keyboard...again!
I seem to recall, vaguely, that when that BBC announcer said B7 will return, I was quite pleased. Okay, more than pleased, I cheered so loudly I woke up my two daughters (aged almost 4 years and almost 2 years)
And I love the 'links' Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!


sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/
 
JustBrad
For the small handful of folks who might not know, during filing, and even after, everyone believed Terminal would be the last episode.

Michael Keating found out that the series had been renewed for a fourth season, not from the BBC, not from his agent, but while watching Terminal on telly, when at the end of the episode, the voice over announcer stated that B7 had just been renewed.

Poor Jan had already signed on to another project, thus dooming Cally.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.
 
One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

Sweevo, I rather doubt the series would be as fondly remembered had we not had Gauda Prima and that shocking shooting at the end. I still insist it would have been so good to have Servalan waltz in at the end, all smiles, and have Avon shoot her down, and then the troopers shoot Avon.

Yes that would give us something to cling onto, a small victory, but then again as Sweevo said re Terminal wouldn't that have changed nearly everything?
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."
 
One Spare Part
Actually I am going to try and watch Terminal as the end if I can. Try to remember how it felt.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."
 
JustBrad
One Spare Part wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Sweevo, I rather doubt the series would be as fondly remembered had we not had Gauda Prima and that shocking shooting at the end. I still insist it would have been so good to have Servalan waltz in at the end, all smiles, and have Avon shoot her down, and then the troopers shoot Avon.

Yes that would give us something to cling onto, a small victory, but then again as Sweevo said re Terminal wouldn't that have changed nearly everything?


I know they couldn't use Jacs because she had already appeared in her contracted number of episodes. But they could have shot around her the way they did Steven Greif in Orac, by having a stand in appear in costume, in frame only from the waist down.

Follow the click of high heels across the tracking gallery.... Avon raises his gun and smiles.... freeze frame... fade to black... gunshots... a Jacqueline Peace like scream... more gunshots...closing theme and credits.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.
 
JustBrad
I think Sweevo's point has been made is spades by the fact that here we are in the Terminal thread, chatting endlessly about Blake.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.
 
trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

The episode: Colin Thirteen – Terminal (Carry On Through The Particle Cloud)
The date: Tuesday, October 8th, 2019
The time: 7.45pm UK time


Over to you, TT! Smile


Here goes then....

The episode: Colin Thirteen – Terminal (Carry On Through The Particle Cloud)
The date: Tuesday, October 8th, 2019
The time: 7.45pm UK time

All good things must come to an end, as perhaps my favourite season of anything ever comes to a conclusion. In which (rather huge spoilers coming up) the Liberator is destroyed (sob!!), Zen dies (even bigger sob!!), Servie says “MAXIMUM POWER”, and the crew are stranded on the planet Terminal with Deep Roy to keep them company in a gorilla suit.

Episode in a word: Finale (the working title of the episode).
Character to cheer: Vila for saving Orac at the last minute due to clever bit of invention.
Character to boo: Oh, Avon, what did you do? Much of your criticism of Blake was valid, but here you repeat almost his every mistake. Not telling the crew your plans CHECK. Taking reckless risks CHECK. Falling into an obvious trap CHECK. Ignoring the advice of a fellow crew member, and therefore being responsible for their subsequent death CHECK. Yes indeed, just like Blake in “Pressure Point”, there will be a price to pay.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week: Yes.
Recognisable Face… or rather recognisable voice: Gillian McCutcheon (Kostos) was the voice of the therapist in the mid-90s twenty-something drama This Life.
Best exchange: SERVALAN: “You don't seem surprised to see me.” AVON: “If it was a trap, it had to be yours. The precise planning, the meticulous detail, the general flair; who else could it be?” SERVALAN: “Thank you. That you of all people should appreciate my work is very flattering.”

Blake's 7 will return… or will it? We’ll have to wait for the continuity announcement over the end credits.
 
trevor travis
i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Louise400/S3E13.png

Sometimes B7 was recorded in an adjacent studio to Play School...

BRIAN CANT: And let's see what's behind the triangular rectangle window.
BIG TED: It's a grumpy man.
LITTLE TED: Daddy!
 
trevor travis
sweevo wrote:

The original planned ending to the series. The big question is: would the show be as fondly remembered or would it have had a similar (or even different) legacy if this episode had been the finale as intended?


I think it needed the extra year. It certainly did in my case. Had Blake's 7 ended in March 1980, it would have been a rather foggy memory for me, however much I had enjoyed the season. Would I have come back to it years later to remember my favourite show when I was six, to buy the videos, attend cons, etc, etc? Maybe. But maybe not.

However, the presence of Season Derek in 1981, and just as importantly, the repeat of eight key Season Colin episodes in the lead-up to that season meant I remembered the show much more. But then it had left an indelible mark.

Plus of the four seasons, the final one is my second favourite. Take that away and you lose some absolutely cracking episodes, including arguably the best run of five episodes from any season (the last five). B7 just wouldn't be the same if it was missing that.

Oh, and one final reason. Soolin Wink
 
JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:


Character to boo: Oh, Avon, what did you do? Much of your criticism of Blake was valid, but here you repeat almost his every mistake. Not telling the crew your plans CHECK. Taking reckless risks CHECK. Falling into an obvious trap CHECK. Ignoring the advice of a fellow crew member, and therefore being responsible for their subsequent death CHECK. Yes indeed, just like Blake in “Pressure Point”, there will be a price to pay.


I think that is the whole point of this episode.

Avon: I always said we would manage better without you.
Avon: I want to free, of HIM.
Avon: He's used a number of ploys to get his way, but Just Try Trusting Me is weak, even by his standards.

Oh, the bitter irony.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.65 seconds
23,274,054 unique visits since 8th January 2014