Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 94
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Who is your favourite Doctor?
William Hartnell William Hartnell 3%[1 Vote]
Patrick Troughton Patrick Troughton 7%[2 Votes]
Jon Pertwee Jon Pertwee 17%[5 Votes]
Tom Baker Tom Baker 53%[16 Votes]
Peter Davison Peter Davison 10%[3 Votes]
Colin Baker Colin Baker 0%[0 Votes]
Sylvester McCoy Sylvester McCoy 0%[0 Votes]
Paul McGann Paul McGann 3%[1 Vote]
John Hurt John Hurt 0%[0 Votes]
Chris Eccleston Chris Eccleston 0%[0 Votes]
David Tennant David Tennant 3%[1 Vote]
Matt Smith Matt Smith 0%[0 Votes]
Peter Cushing Peter Cushing 0%[0 Votes]
Rowan Atkinson Rowan Atkinson 0%[0 Votes]
(other actor - see post) (other actor - see post) 3%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 30
 Print Thread
Doctor Who - favourite Doctor?
Spaceship Dispatcher
What is any site about UK science fiction/fantasy without a thread somewhere discussing favourite Doctors?

My favourite Doctor is almost an equal, three way tie between William Hartnell, Tom Baker and David Tennant...

...but I'll go for Tom Baker as number one favourite, based on the actor and that interpretation of the character.

Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Gauda Cheese
Peter Davison. His was the first run I watched all the way through.

Grade Four Ignorant
Patrick Troughton is my favourite Doctor, with honourable mentions going out to Christopher Eccleston, Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy.

trevor travis
Where's Joanna Lumley and her Dalek bumps? GrinSmile

All the best
Rob

Kerguelen
Tom Baker, they do say your favorite is usually the one you grew up with, well, he was mine when I was a kid.

Although I didn't initially like Matt Smith's doctor, as he grew in to the role he grew on me to a point where now he follows in a very close second.
Edited by Kerguelen on 09 January 2014 11:49:19

Lurena
Tom Baker for me.
He's the one who made me familiar with the Doctor Who series, as his few episodes were the first DW I watched.
That was in the same period as I saw B7.
Not the whole season was aired, it got banned after a few airings.
For the other episodes I had to rely on friends who were lucky enough to study in Belgium!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Scott
Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Sylvestor McCoy are my three faves.

Scott Angry
Edited by Scott on 09 January 2014 22:52:21

BradPaula
I do not have a favorite. My first was Jon Pertwee (only saw him in one episode), my almost first was Tom Baker.

But they are all The Doctor and they are all My Doctor. - Brad
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Angry Angel
I can never decide. I think most of my favourite episodes come from Tom Baker's era, he was really my first Doctor, and I really enjoy the way he portrayed the Doctor, but I love all the others too.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
President Solvite
Ditto AA, with our ongoing watch of early WH and PT, I like them all for many different reasons.

Still have a soft spot for JP.. As a sweeping generalisation I prefer the classic Doctors over the new generation..

But I suspect that is much as format as actor's interpretation

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Klenotka
Peter Davison. Jon Pertwee is very close second - Davison got to my first place with Caves of Androzani so it was very tight race Grin
I thought Davisonīs episodes - except those two parters and with the Snakedance stuff, were really great. I liked how they decided to make the Doctor a little "softer" but also decided to pull him through hell at the same time. I am just sorry he didn īt stay longer. But judging by the crap stuff Colin Baker got, I am glad he Peter didnīt stay.

I have a sneaky feeling that Peter Capaldi may actually become my favourite Grin Yes, I know, we saw only 30 seconds of him, and in a post-regeneration condition which says nothing what he will be like.
But judging what a great actor he is...hmmm...Grin

BradPaula
Agree that if PC gets some decent scripts, he will absolutely shine as the Gallifreyan Renegade. - B

Henry Eggleton
Jon though John is a close second
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
BradPaula
A hard question to answer. I usually say, The Doctor, wonderful chap, all of them, but I do have favorites. I'd say Tom Baker then close to him, Jon Pertwee, then Peter Davison and David Tennant. -Paula

RichardMk2
Patrick Troughton is my favourite. Perhaps because he was the first one I saw. Having just watched The Enemy of the World I still think he's great!

Cygnus-K
Has to be Tom Baker for me! Usual reason; he was The Doctor when I first heard about the programme and began watching it. Particularly remember "Genesis Of The Daleks" and "Pyramids Of Mars"
"Take me up the sky ways
Show me what you've seen
I want to cruise the universe
In your super space machine"

Hawkwind / Nuclear Drive

Ellen York
I read somewhere that fans are like baby geese; they imprint on the first thing they see. That is true for me; Tom baker was my first and has always been my favorite. Jon Pertwee is a fairly close second.

Spaceship Dispatcher
Ellen York wrote:

I read somewhere that fans are like baby geese; they imprint on the first thing they see. That is true for me; Tom baker was my first and has always been my favorite. Jon Pertwee is a fairly close second.

That does seem to be true for the older generation and for younger viewers seeing the show now for the first time. I'm of the middle generation who's teen years fell in the 1990-2005 gap when there was only one episode and no regular series. Paul McGann was great, and I love his audio dramas more than those of the other Doctors, but he wasn't on screen long enough to form any real attachment to his Doctor. Maybe that's why I'm more forgiving of David Tennant's interpretation, as he was the Doctor on the screen when I really started to enjoy watching new episodes on television rather than video.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Travisina
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Ellen York wrote:

That does seem to be true for the older generation and for younger viewers seeing the show now for the first time. I'm of the middle generation who's teen years fell in the 1990-2005 gap when there was only one episode and no regular series.

In my experience it's true that fans' first Doctor is their favourite. Hartnell is mine, even though I was so young at the time I can barely remember him. The original theme tune, with the whooshy video howl-around effect still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck!

I used to feel so sorry for you 'middle generation', who had to go through their childhood and teens without their own Doctor. But at least you can make a more informed choice about the rival merits of the different Doctors and actually choose a favourite, rather than being imprinted like the rest of us were!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceship Dispatcher
Travisina wrote:
I used to feel so sorry for you 'middle generation', who had to go through their childhood and teens without their own Doctor. But at least you can make a more informed choice about the rival merits of the different Doctors and actually choose a favourite, rather than being imprinted like the rest of us were!

LOL That's true Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,097,608 unique visits since 8th January 2014