Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,121
· Newest Rebel: paul kerr

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [35 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [13 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 152
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Jul 2019 Fanfic Challenge
Joe Dredd
Two clicks will enlarge the image.

i.imgur.com/J1YFPPs.jpg

Travisina
Joe, that is genius! I love it Grin
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

BradPaula
Love the Blake's 7 Monopoly!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

M1795537 OC Virn
Wow! Thank you so much Joe - now I know what to do with the Make-your-own Monopoly we were given at Christmas. I sense a great evening of B7, food, colouring-in, glue and mass discussion/arguments coming up here on Virn.
"Never assume anything, Section Leader."

JohnMax
Nice one Virn, back to two colluding thieves!

Joe - that's just the best use of the internet, ever! :-)

stormypetrel
Great stories, Hugbot and M1795537 OC Virn.
Joe, if I had anyone to play Monopoly with, that set would be top of my list!

Now; can I join in? I may have gone a few words over, but that’s what happens when you attempt to combine both prompts!

“I don’t like it.” Vila’s protest as he joined Blake and Avon in the teleport bay was automatic; they ignored him. He twiddled nervously with the temperature dial on his thermal suit. “What if it’s not right?”

“We have already established that if anything was faulty the last time you had that on, it was not the suit,” remarked Avon. Vila stopped fidgeting, looking awkward.

“Put us down, Jenna,” instructed Blake, before any more could be said. An instant later, they were standing in the blizzard sweeping the surface of Castaron.

“Now what?” Avon was half-shouting to make himself heard over the wind; Blake answered similarly, digging his heels into the snow to stay upright.

“The signal was from somewhere over there.” He pointed.

“We couldn’t have got a bit closer?” Vila looked unhappily at the snowy expanse before them.

“Not unless you want to risk walking straight into a trap.”

There was no answer. They needed all their breath to reach the signal relay; putting one foot in front of the other was hard enough. Every so often the wind picked up enough to make walking impossible; the rest of the time it was merely an unequal fight. Reaching the squat concrete relay station, they collapsed against the wall, grateful for the little shelter it offered.

“You really think there’s someone in there?” Avon sounded sceptical.

“That’s what we came to find out.” Blake edged towards the door; the others followed. “We need to get inside.”

Vila was beyond speech, but he took his cue. The door opened; they entered, blinking as they adjusted to darkness after the blinding snow. Inside was as cold as outside, for all they had left the weather behind.

“Face it, Blake; there’s nobody here.”

“We’ve come this far...” Blake still paused to check their communications. “Jenna, can you hear me?”

“Just,” came the reply.

“We’re inside now. Be ready to get us out if there’s trouble.”

“We will.”

.....................................................................................................................................

On board the Liberator, Jenna and Cally exchanged glances.

“What do you think?”

“It seems strange,” said Cally. “That message... that someone is there, with something important to the Federation, and needing help...”

“It’s too convenient. Even if it were true, why should it have anything to do with Central Control?”

“Castaron was known as a hiding place for many valuable things, in the past...”

Jenna looked disbelieving. “I know the old legends. But Central Control? Surely not.”

Cally shrugged. “Perhaps not. But there is something.”

.....................................................................................................................................

There was.

“An automatic transmission,” said Avon. Blake nodded. They regarded the fading, ancient transmitter, neither mentioning the ragged skeletons who still sat around it. Vila hovered by the door, trying not to look; his relief when a glint in the corner distracted him was obvious.

“Look!” He drew out an old, but clearly valuable necklace from a dark pile.

“The Castaron treasure,” remarked Avon.

“That old story!” Blake exclaimed. “Worth a fortune, but cursed for anyone who tried to take it.”

“Well, the story seems to have come true for them.” Avon gestured to the table; Vila looked faintly sick. He dropped the necklace hurriedly, jumping as the disturbance shifted one of the skeletons. The atmosphere seemed to drop several degrees.

Blake waited no longer. “Jenna, bring us up.”

Rarely had the teleport section seemed so welcoming.

“Anything?” asked Cally.

“No,” replied Avon, walking towards the flight deck.

“We keep looking.” Blake followed. Cally and Jenna looked at Vila; he shivered.

“Just some old jewellery.”

Travisina
Great story, Stormypetrel - very much in character, very B7! Location and dialogue spot on Smile

Anniew
Really good stories this month. Well done you guys and gals. I have enjoyed reading them all.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

M1795537 OC Virn
Extreme Drizzle

The weather was mild, but damp. Low cloud filled the valley. The air hardly moved. Clouds of biting gnats rose from the ground. Three people huddled in the shelter to escape them.
“How long will it stay like this?” one of the visitors asked, glancing at the threatening grey blanket above.
“Hard to say,“ his host answered, “Once it’s set in.”
“But we need dry weather, Tom,“ said the other visitor, “Otherwise it won’t work.”
“Can’t tell,“ Tom replied, “Best get some sleep.”
They tried, but space was limited: only Tom seemed unfazed.
“Dayna,“ whispered Tarrant, while Tom snored gently, “I can’t take much more of this.”
Morning brought no relief. To avoid the continuous drizzle, the gnats took up residence inside the shelter. Tom left early, promising to return with food. The gnats now had fewer victims. Tarrant couldn’t decide which was worse – getting wet outside or being eaten alive inside. Dayna tried to ignore him. The drizzle continued.

That day, and another night, passed.
“Is this really worth it?” hissed Tarrant, “Avon made it sound like a holiday. Why not just leave?”
“We promised,” she fired back, “Go to sleep.”

By the end of the fourth day, tired, wet and itching, they had stopped talking. Finally Tarrant lost it.
“When?” he cried, “When will it stop?”
Tom took offence.
“Don’t like it? Leave,“ he responded grimly.
“It is what it is, Tarrant, “Dayna pulled herself together, “It can’t go on forever.“
“Known it stay like this a fortnight, “Tom added unhelpfully, with a private grin. Tarrant groaned, and went outside.

On the sixth day the sky finally cleared.
"Dayna!” Tarrant shouted, waking and scrambling out of the shelter, “Quick – the rain’s stopped.”
Tom was waiting.
“Better mornin’, “ he commented, offering some fruit, “Not long before you can start.”
“We’re starting now!” Tarrant insisted.
“Ground’s wet,” Tom objected.
It was afternoon by the time the ground dried. Dayna dragged out the bag they’d tried to keep dry.
“Where, Tom?” she asked, opening it.
“Oh, not here,“ he replied, infuriatingly, “Keep it closed.”
“But I’ve – “ Dayna bit her lip. After all, this whole thing was their fault. She held the bag shut and followed him. A fortnight ago, Scorpio had briefly landed to make repairs: the site was now surrounded by a circle of dead vegetation, including Tom's crops.
“Nasty,” commented Tom. Dayna blushed, and Tarrant managed a shrug.
“Yes,” he replied, we certainly made a mess,” he took a handful of white powder from the bag, “Hope there’s enough.”
The mites that had been accidentally carried in Scorpio’s landing gear had reproduced quickly in the warm, moist atmosphere of the valley. Thankfully, the diatomaceous earth that Avon recommended did the trick. Soon the battle of the mites was over.
“What a place!” Tarrant sighed, when they’d teleported back to the ship, “How do they survive down there?”
“Probably build up an immunity,” the girl replied,“Have a break, he told us. Mountains, forests, lakes, wildlife. Tarrant, do you think Avon knew?”
“Oh, yes, he knew, “ agreed Tarrant.

JohnMax
Two more corking entries this month!

Travisina
Great story, M...Virn! Unrelenting drizzle can be as debilitating as any extremes of heat or cold - especially with added bitey things. Reminded me a bit of the Ray Bradbury short story The Long Rain.

Good to know they carry a supply of diatomaceous earth on board Liberator - very useful stuff, we've employed it to great effect against ants and ground-dwelling wasp nests. Angry

littlesue
Jenna’s necklace features in the Caracanet Stories by Lurena and myself and this ficlet is based on a longer story that we are working on. It takes place just after Pressure Point and before Voice from the Past, in which episode Jenna suddenly acquires a new necklace…that appears in The Keeper much later on.
How could that be?
Maybe this explains it….
Another two parter with another fab piccie by Lurena...

After Gan’s death, everyone needs a chance to recover and Jenna decides that a visit to a nice quiet space port she knows will do the trick; but Blake doesn’t want to scour the stalls in the bustling market, and decides to sit this trip out…and think….

Link in the Chain
PART ONE

Gan’s death had shocked him to the core and he knew that the others blamed him. But he was so sure that it was the right thing to do…unfortunately, for Gan, it had turned out to be the completely wrong thing to do.
And it hurt.
He found an empty seat and sat down.
It was time to have a think about his future; about their future.

Jenna found herself being closely scrutinised by the stall holder.
“May I assist you, pretty lady?”
“No,” she replied, smiling, “I’m just looking, thank you.”
But he didn’t seem to be deterred, “Are you looking for something in particular?”
“A necklace, perhaps.”
“Are you tired of the one that you already wear. It is most beautiful. I could do a deal…”
“No. I am very fond of this necklace.”
“A gift, perhaps, from a friend…a lover?”
“Perhaps,” Jenna murmured, recalling exactly who had given her the necklace, and why.
The stall holder persisted,” Look, I have two beautiful necklaces here, I could…”
“As I said, no…”
“But…”
“The lady said no.”
Jenna turned to see who had chosen to intervene in the discussion.
He was quite tall, with blonde hair, dressed in black with an unmistakable sense of superiority about him.
“Forgive my intrusion,” he began, “But I could not help but overhear your, shall we say, attempts to brush aside this poor man’s over enthusiasm.”
“Thank you,” she smiled back at him.
“I take it that your colleague does not share your desire to find another necklace?” he nodded in the general direction of Blake; now seated and looking as if he was asleep.
“My colleague came here for some rest. I thought it would take his mind off…the last few days. You seem to notice quite a lot, don’t you?”
“That is part of my job; to notice.”
“And exactly what is your line of employment?”
“Alas I find myself between positions; through no fault of my own, you understand? I was not kept informed of certain things and I’m afraid my well thought out plan did not deliver the desired conclusion and I thought it best to leave while that opportunity was open to me…”
“And now?”
“And now I am here on this somewhat less than fragrant spaceport awaiting my transport to be prepared.”
“And where is that transport going?”
“As far away from my ex-employer as possible. But, why are we discussing my problems, when you have your own?”
“In what way?”
“That stallholder seems determined to follow you from stall to stall; why?”
Jenna fingered the necklace she was wearing, “This I expect. He thinks that it is very valuable.”
“And is it?”
“Not now; once perhaps, but not now.”
The stranger reached forward, “May I?”
Jenna smiled.
He held the necklace between his thumb and forefinger, “It is most exquisite. A gift?”
“Something more than that...”
“Ah..from a very close friend; a lover? Your... colleague, perhaps?”
“Let’s just say it was from someone whom I was very fond of and I thought that he reciprocated that feeling. But it was not to be.”
“Perhaps it would be best if this temptation was removed from view.”
“If you think so.”
Jenna deftly removed the necklace and placed it in her pocket.
The strange smiled, “Now perhaps we can find something worthy of you without any interference. Shall we?”
Jenna took the stranger’s outstretched hand, “Why not?”

PART TWO

“Well, this seems to be a most unusual necklace,” the charming stranger said, holding up the chain with its several copper coloured discs, “The store holder says it came from a stranger passing through who claims to have bartered it from a mysterious tented city. By all accounts it is a ritual necklace.”
“What sort of ritual?” Jenna asked as he placed it around her neck.
“A bonding ritual.”
“A bonding ritual? Well, somehow I don’t think it’s at all suitable…”
“I’m assured that it is only on that particular, nameless planet. I must admit, though, that the whole idea is rather quaint, don’t you think?” He smiled, that warm, charming smile of his that Jenna knew could break quite a few hearts, “And have you been successful in your quest?”
“I believe so. What do you think?” She held up another necklace; it wasn’t as showy as her original one, in fact it looked quite bland.
“It doesn’t set off your eyes, but at least it won’t attract so much attention from unwanted admirers. Which reminds me; that necklace that seemed to excite that first stall holder, why did he find it so fascinating?”
“I assume he recognised it for what it was. Unfortunately, it is not of any use as the device it was created for is no longer available. It is in a safe place, locked away from prying eyes.”
“Unlike yourself, which would be a great pity.” He looked up to see a man approaching him, “And it seems that I must leave you as my transport is ready. May I say what a great pleasure it has been spending what little time I had with you?” He took her hand, “We won’t meet gain, more’s the pity, as we must go our separate ways. Me, aboard a less than salubrious transport, and you aboard the Liberator with Blake. Farewell, Jenna.”
His eyes twinkled as he swept away in a theatrical fashion, leaving Jenna dumbstruck and Blake somewhat puzzled.
“Who’s your friend?”
“I don’t know,” Jenna said, biting her lip, “But he knew who I was and certainly recognised you.”
“Shouldn’t we go after him?”
“I don’t think he is any threat, if anything, he’s the most charming man I’ve ever met, but then again, they’re the most dangerous kind.”

i.imgur.com/eONBTYX.jpg
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Joe Dredd
Travisina wrote:

Good to know they carry a supply of diatomaceous earth on board Liberator - very useful stuff, we've employed it to great effect against ants and ground-dwelling wasp nests. :@

I'm been looking into whether its feasible to put a lot of books into long-term storage, so I've been reading up on diatomaceous earth recently. So many things to protect against - damp, insects, rising water, heat... It makes me think of that seed bank that was supposedly future-proofed by building it in the permafrost, until the permafrost started to melt... That and the beginning of I, Claudius (the novel), where Claudius decides to trust the survival of his writings to chance.

M1795537 OC Virn
The word limit precludes me from explaining where Avon got the DE. And, Trav dear, it's the Scorpio that had dirty feet. The Liberator just wouldn't DO that.

DE, the preppers' friend. Just make sure it's food grade before you use it internally, or for toothpaste etc.
Definitely worth trying on books, Joe.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.58 seconds
20,996,128 unique visits since 8th January 2014