Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,239
· Newest Rebel: SaruwatariKaito

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [39 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 186
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch Australia D2: Power - Saturday 6th July
Tyce
You know even in her 'primitive' clothes Nina looks way too good for Gunsar.

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I hate that scene with Avon and Pella - that a man will always win because they are stronger.

1. No, they won't
2. No, they aren't

And he should not have kissed her.

Yes it's one of the most misogynistic/sexist scenes in the whole series.

Besides, I don't think it's in character for Avon. Up to now, my impression is that he regards men and women as equals.

I agree. He expects the same behaviour/performance from both sexes and treats them the same.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

trevor travis
By the time of B7, people are not referred to by colour. Pella is the exception in calling Dayna 'Black'. This tells us something about Pella.

Obsidian
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I hate that scene with Avon and Pella - that a man will always win because they are stronger.

1. No, they won't
2. No, they aren't

And he should not have kissed her.

Yes it's one of the most misogynistic/sexist scenes in the whole series.

Besides, I don't think it's in character for Avon. Up to now, my impression is that he regards men and women as equals.

It's surely an act by Avon. He wants to find out more about Pella and her power and whether it has any limits. He's also maybe trying to see Pella's true nature. After all, she turns to be both sexist and racist.

Good point!
Don't philosophise at me you electronic moron!GrinFrown

http://www.etsy.com/au/shop/SeraglioDesigns
meegat39
The Dayna scene is also not good. It paints her as a silly female who underestimates her abilities and the theme of this episode seems to be that women will always be defeated.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

trevor travis
Aw, pooe Gunn Sar. I liked him.

Obsidian
trevor travis wrote:

Aw, pooe Gunn Sar. I liked him.

Yeah. He was really a big softy at heart

trevor travis
Interesting that Nina seems to take charge of the Hommiks, in deciding their future destiny.

Tyce
meegat39 wrote:

The Dayna scene is also not good. It paints her as a silly female who underestimates her abilities and the theme of this episode seems to be that women will always be defeated.

As much as I love Blake's Seven, I'm pleased to say this episode wouldn't make it to air today.

Obsidian
Pella's a smart a**e

Obsidian
Tyce wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

As much as I love Blake's Seven, I'm pleased to say this episode wouldn't make it to air today.

Ah, but it's cultural heritage and should be preserved for future generations Grin

meegat39
Nina vows that the people will seek a new place, a new way of life and then the Hommiks are never seen again! But we know they had no way of getting off the planet? Did the Scorpio do shuttle runs in between epiosodes??

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

By the time of B7, people are not referred to by colour. Pella is the exception in calling Dayna 'Black'. This tells us something about Pella.

Or about Ben Steed...?
On the other hand, the way she refers to Dayna as 'the black woman' is a description, not meant as an insult (a statement of fact cannot be insolent) and could be interpreted to differentiate between Dayna and the two (white) Seska who are also fighting Gun-Sarr.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

Obsidian
meegat39 wrote:

Nina vows that the people will seek a new place, a new way of life and then the Hommiks are never seen again! But we know they had no way of getting off the planet? Did the Scorpio do shuttle runs in between epiosodes??

This is one of the great mysteries.

Tyce
meegat39 wrote:
Did the Scorpio do shuttle runs in between episodes??

LOL

Obsidian
Could you say tele-ergatron without laughing?

trevor travis
There is a subversive message behind this all. Gun Sarr turns out to be a big softie, while Pella is the true baddie. Never judge - anyone is capable of anything!

Tyce
How does Pella know how to fly a ship (or is Slave flying it)?

Travisina
Why is it always about the ship? Servalan wanted Libby, Pella wants Scorpio. There's some justification in the President wanting the most powerful ship in the galaxy, but Scorpio...?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

trevor travis
Ah, someone is just finishing their shower.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
28,404,012 unique visits since 8th January 2014