Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,181
· Newest Rebel: MylordAvon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
22% [37 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [23 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
8% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [24 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [28 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
11% [18 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 166
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
41st Anniversary Rewatch - B9 Countdown
One Spare Part
BradPaula wrote:

I'm glad I participated today. I feel a lot better now. At least we have our heroes on tape/disc for eternity...

Took the words out of my mouth. Totally agree.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

BradPaula
Hugbot wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Wonderful moment with the handshake!
Avon never expects it from people, but this time accepts it gravely.

Blake is too filppant here for my taste. His reaction is a bit off. He's proud of Avon and of himself - for having judged Avon right. But again, he's too frivolous. No wonder Avon goes away.

His laugh at Avon's, 'You wouldn't understand!' drives me up the wall.

Laughs at Avon's humanity. Hey, how's your cousin Blake? *snicker snicker*
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
See you tomorrow for RoD.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

meegat39
Thanks all for the rewatch. I think I am dealing better with Paul's death than most because I had a premonition of it in a dream just under two weeks ago.
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

Lorna
Bye everyone. I am glad I joined in! Now to raise a glass to Paul!

Hugbot
A bittersweet rewatch today ... thank you for the company! I don't know if I can make it tomorrow but I will try and join in.

Good night! Oops

One Spare Part
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Wonderful episode, with outstanding performance from Paul Darrow!
May Blake's 7 and AVon stay forever in people's memory, so that new people would keep discovering this show and falling in love with it. So glad it happened to me.

Again, totally agree.
Blake's 7 forever!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

BradPaula
meegat39 wrote:

Thanks all for the rewatch. I think I am dealing better with Paul's death than most because I had a premonition of it in a dream just under two weeks ago.

That had to be rough. I have had a recent dream of the same ilk, but with another actor. I pray that it's only a strange dream, nothing else. I tend not to believe in premonitions but..... take care, Meegat!

littlesue
Well it worked with the 2 laptops.....and it also helps if you actually plug the extension lead in!!! Suddenly realised why the screens were flickering.
See you again tomorrow.....
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

BradPaula
Hugbot wrote:

A bittersweet rewatch today ... thank you for the company! I don't know if I can make it tomorrow but I will try and join in.

Good night! Oops

At least we were all together and could cry on each other's shoulders. I expect we'll do a bit of the same at Maximum Power.

trevor travis
BradPaula wrote:

I'm glad I participated today. I feel a lot better now. At least we have our heroes on tape/disc for eternity. Brilliant episode, if I say so myself....

Agreed. They live on for as long as we watch the show.

Thanks everyone for today.

meegat39
BradPaula wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

That had to be rough. I have had a recent dream of the same ilk, but with another actor. I pray that it's only a strange dream, nothing else. I tend not to believe in premonitions but..... take care, Meegat!

Well I will pray that your dream was not a premonition too. I didn't believe in it either until it happened. Night!
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

BradPaula
trevor travis wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

I'm glad I participated today. I feel a lot better now. At least we have our heroes on tape/disc for eternity. Brilliant episode, if I say so myself....

Agreed. They live on for as long as we watch the show.

Thanks everyone for today.

Oh, TT. There goes the water works again! And I was doing so well....

BradPaula
Well, thank you all for participating in this. It wasn't easy but being together helped immensely. I'll try very hard to make tomorrow's memorial rewatch. It's probably the best episode of B7- RoD. 'Night everyone and be well. We'll get through this- I have space faith.....

stormypetrel
Well, Iím sorry I missed the beginning, but Iím glad I caught some of it. See you tomorrow.

Anniew
not Watching Iím afraid but following the comments in between childcare. And chipping in. Avon left earth on the visas when he recovered from being shot. And only after he had word that Anna was dead. So time must have passed before he was arrested off world. I have speculated that Grant perhaps encountered him off world in circumstances when heíd have drawn the authorities attention if heíd killed Avon and threatened him instead. A kind of brief encounter in a bar, before Delís companions dragged him off before the Feds came, but he uttered the threat.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

BradPaula
Anniew wrote:

not Watching Iím afraid but following the comments in between childcare. And chipping in. Avon left earth on the visas when he recovered from being shot. And only after he had word that Anna was dead. So time must have passed before he was arrested off world. I have speculated that Grant perhaps encountered him off world in circumstances when heíd have drawn the authorities attention if heíd killed Avon and threatened him instead. A kind of brief encounter in a bar, before Delís companions dragged him off before the Feds came, but he uttered the threat.

That sounds plausible. I feel I'm going to have to steal that bar scene for one of my fanfics!

Mrs_Underhill
Anniew wrote:

Sounds plausible to me too!

And now as I'm thinking of it, the scenario with Del Grant attending Avon's trial looks quite improbable to me.

Del Grant, as a smart person, would have been on the run the moment he learned about Anna being taken and Avon being pursued by Feds. He would have hightailed it as far from Earth as he could rather then sticking around to attend Avon's trial as a model Federation citizen - because he wasn't. Grant was in on the fraud, he would assume they would come for him soon after Anna and Avon - even if he still were in good standing with the Federation officially.

Grant meeting Avon while both were on the run from the Federation sounds much more likely.
Another scenario where Grant meets Avon in person and doesn't kill him: Avon wasn't resisting and was even looking forward to suicide by Grant (I could totally see that with Avon of that period) and that put Grant off as he's not that coldblooded to kill someone like that. I'd imagine Grant just shouting at Avon that he'd let him go this time, but he'd kill him if they meet again.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.62 seconds
25,014,495 unique visits since 8th January 2014