Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,239
· Newest Rebel: SaruwatariKaito

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
21% [39 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [8 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [27 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [13 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [28 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [30 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
4% [8 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
12% [23 Votes]

Other
Other
4% [8 Votes]

Votes: 186
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
41st Anniversary Rewatch - B9 Countdown
JustBrad
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Thawing/freezing ice is the metaphore of the things between them.

Ooh, I'm impressed.
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

BradPaula
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Thawing/freezing ice is the metaphore of the things between them.

That's good!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Vila drops a whole bag of idiot balls.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

JustBrad
Why doesn't Provine just shoot Blake as soon as they are alone?
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

BradPaula
Ah, the multi-colored corridors. Right out of Doctor Who.

One Spare Part
I think Grant did a lot of asking around.
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Avon's really uncomfortable talking about Anna
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part
That last corridor reminds me of a Radiohead album.

Mrs_Underhill
Lorna wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Hugbot wrote:

I wonder WHEN Del Grant told Avon that he will kill him - ?

Sent him a card on Cygnus Alpha?

Avon was on a run for a long time - that was implied by Shrinker. Probably Grant's message reached him during that time. If it was face to face, Avon wouldn't stand a chance I'd imagine (plus he wouldn't fight back much, or at all).

Did you ever consider that Grant attended Avon's trial and when they deemed him guilty and was dragging him out of court en route to Cygnus Alpha, Grant shouted that he'd find him and kill him...

Grant would have to be in good Federation standing then, still. It doesn't quite compute to me with him obviously being on on the fraud.

That's a tricky part - Anna would have to shield Del's part in the fraud from Central Security. But then Del went and became a rebel and a threat to Federation - as a result of what happened to Anna? How did CS allow it to happen and for Del to get away with that, and not punish Anna for his escape?
Unless he was already out of their reach - in that case he couldn't have been at Avon's trial.

I am confused!!

Me too!

I'm still trying to make sense of it so that it fits canon.
We know that:
- Del knew and approved of the fraud
- Everyone Avon even looked at in relation to the fraud was "collected" (it excludes Tynus from this fraud).
- Del wasn't collected - why? Either he was already out of reach of Federation, or Anna protected him and concealed his involvement.
- If Anna concealed his involvement, and then planted the info on her torture to him, and Del then escaped and became more dangerous that Blake - how did Anna survive such a blunder?
- If Del was already a known rebel, with Anna's distancing herself from him, for CS - again, how did she get away with that? With having a rebel brother?

I give up...

stormypetrel
I feel I should protest on Vilaís behalf. He hasnít forgotten, just jumbled the number sequence. Unfortunate Iíll give you, but not stupid.

One Spare Part
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

Avon's really uncomfortable talking about Anna

PD does this brilliantly. Very understated and poignant.

Mrs_Underhill
Now if Cally were there she could have warned Blake about Provine telepathically... She would be much more useful than Vila at this point.

One Spare Part
stormypetrel wrote:

I feel I should protest on Vilaís behalf. He hasnít forgotten, just jumbled the number sequence. Unfortunate Iíll give you, but not stupid.

Those numbers made no sense. Vila is hard done to!

Lorna
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Lorna wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Mrs_Underhill wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Hugbot wrote:

I wonder WHEN Del Grant told Avon that he will kill him - ?

So do I!!

Sent him a card on Cygnus Alpha?

Avon was on a run for a long time - that was implied by Shrinker. Probably Grant's message reached him during that time. If it was face to face, Avon wouldn't stand a chance I'd imagine (plus he wouldn't fight back much, or at all).

Did you ever consider that Grant attended Avon's trial and when they deemed him guilty and was dragging him out of court en route to Cygnus Alpha, Grant shouted that he'd find him and kill him...

Grant would have to be in good Federation standing then, still. It doesn't quite compute to me with him obviously being on on the fraud.

That's a tricky part - Anna would have to shield Del's part in the fraud from Central Security. But then Del went and became a rebel and a threat to Federation - as a result of what happened to Anna? How did CS allow it to happen and for Del to get away with that, and not punish Anna for his escape?
Unless he was already out of their reach - in that case he couldn't have been at Avon's trial.

I am confused!!

Me too!

I'm still trying to make sense of it so that it fits canon.
We know that:
- Del knew and approved of the fraud
- Everyone Avon even looked at in relation to the fraud was "collected" (it excludes Tynus from this fraud).
- Del wasn't collected - why? Either he was already out of reach of Federation, or Anna protected him and concealed his involvement.
- If Anna concealed his involvement, and then planted the info on her torture to him, and Del then escaped and became more dangerous that Blake - how did Anna survive such a blunder?
- If Del was already a known rebel, with Anna's distancing herself from him, for CS - again, how did she get away with that? With having a rebel brother?

So do I
Edited by Lorna on 04 June 2019 20:31:14

JustBrad
A laser lance would be faster...

Do you HAVE a laser lance, Del?
i.imgur.com/AD5ikh4.png
MODthra

Mrs_Underhill
Avon's proving to Grant that he can risk his life for other people. That he doesn't give up. That's when Grant understood that Avon was telling the truth about Anna.

Damn, PD's acting is so intense and poignant here!

Hugbot
JustBrad wrote:

A laser lance would be faster...

Do you HAVE a laser lance, Del?

Well, they already fetched a lot of equipment out of thin air .... maybe Dayna is assisting?

BradPaula
A Black and Decker drill with primer paint sprayed on it and a whirley bit of cardboard! Excuse me, a space drill with space primer paint sprayed on it with a whirley bit of space cardboard!

Mrs_Underhill
Now the direction with falling ice and Avon and Grant falling every which way is very confusing.

BradPaula
Alright! Who's the idiot who wanted the heat on???

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.75 seconds
28,403,982 unique visits since 8th January 2014