Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,130
· Newest Rebel: Carlm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [35 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [6 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [22 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
14% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
18% [27 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [15 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [8 Votes]

Votes: 154
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
41st Anniversary Rewatch - B8 Hostage
trevor travis
The episode: Barney Eight - Hostage (Carry On Kissing Cousins)
The date: Tuesday, May 28th, 2019
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which new outlaw Travis contacts Blake Ė but can he be trusted? Along with the way, we meet: Blakeís uncle; his old love, his cousin (fortunately there doesn't seem to be any six-fingered little Blake/Ingaís around); the Crimos (what happened to Travisís Mutoids?), and Kevin Stoney. And watch out for the Polystyrene Rocks, and for the death stare of Jenna Stannis!

Episode in a word: The word isÖ TELEPORT! Of course.
Character to cheer: Councillor Joban makes a formidable political opponent to Servie Ė itís a shame heís only in a couple of scenes.
Characters to boo: Travis is exceptionally stupid in this episode. He used to want to kill Blake. Now he just imprisons him, until he has the chance to escape. And talking of stupid, Vila isnít very bright in this episode either.
Recognisable Face: John Abineri (uncle Ushton) was Hubert, a regular in the final two seasons of Survivors. He also had a number of roles in Doctor Who, including playing the misguided General Carrington in ďThe Ambassadors Of DeathĒ.
Is Soolin looking lovely this week?: Yes.
Best line: ďThere's no-one as free as a dead man.Ē

Blake's 7 will return inÖ Carry On Ginger Mercenary
Edited by trevor travis on 25 May 2019 16:19:05

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Got a death wish, TT? You'll be seeing Paula very soon!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
A statement of fact cannot be insolent

BradPaula
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Got a death wish, TT? You'll be seeing Paula very soon!

That's just 'my little brother' being cute. We'll be spending a few days with TT this year and I'll have plenty of time to teach him the difference between ginger and blond! Welsh street sign ready to go!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

JustBrad
i.imgur.com/R0mU5aN.jpg

I'm sorry, Miss Buxton, but we've already cast the role of Lela.
There is, however, a one off part in Blake's 7 you'd be perfect for.
There was a young man
From Cork who got Limericks
And Haikus confused.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
I'm not going to be around as I have a meeting Tuesday afternoon.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

One Spare Part
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

I'm not going to be around as I have a meeting Tuesday afternoon.

Invite them round. We're having a polystyrene avalanche!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

trevor travis
i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Louise400/S2E8.png

The Jenna Stannis stare of death.

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Jenna, mutering: Keeps saying he has no time for relationships, the cause comes first, then he promises to come back for his freaking cousin....
I've half a mind to run off with the first mercenary we meet. I've always fancied a ginger....
There was a young man
And Haikus confused.

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Avon knows, and is staring straight ahead.
Vila knows, and dares make eye contact. (Bravest act in all of Blake's 7).
Blake... clueless.
There was a young man
And Haikus confused.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Jenna, mutering: Keeps saying he has no time for relationships, the cause comes first, then he promises to come back for his freaking cousin....
I've half a mind to run off with the first mercenary we meet. I've always fancied a ginger....

Ah, she might be in luck very shortly Wink

Hugbot
trevor travis wrote:

John Abineri (uncle Ushton) was Hubert, a regular in the final two seasons of Survivors.

He also played the father of another (in)famous sci-fi 'hero':

i.imgur.com/vpK4tOL.jpg

stormypetrel
I donít know if Iíll make it tonight. Iíve investigated the supposed smart TV in the B&B Iím in, but itís not smart enough to agree to show me B7 on YouTube. I might manage to raise an eyebrow at the polystyrene avalanche if you all count me in, though, because I can follow the comments on my phone!Wink

Mrs_Underhill
Hugbot wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

John Abineri (uncle Ushton) was Hubert, a regular in the final two seasons of Survivors.

i.imgur.com/vpK4tOL.jpg

Blake could also be confused on who the heck she's talking about - I certainly was. "My father's son" - took me a while to realize it's a brother and not Inga. Smile But then Blake started the trend by "my father's brother", "my father's brother's daughter Inga" and some such nonsense.

JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Avon knows, and is staring straight ahead.
Vila knows, and dares make eye contact. (Bravest act in all of Blake's 7).
Blake... clueless.

I don't know... Blake waited to kiss Inga till the precise moment Jenna would be there. It almost felt like he did it on purpose. Cool

In other shipping news: there's something to watch for for Avon/Cally shippers. Cally sees right through Avon and understands why he's so antsy. Unlike Jenna, she knows that Avon knows guilt and not just from reading about it in the books. But unfortunately for Cally, Avon has only eyes for Blake in this episode. Cool

I have to say I've enjoyed this episode much more when rewatching it yesterday. I used to think it's an absolute stinker but it had good moments with Servalan and Joban, Servalan and Travis and it had great understated acting by PD on his internal conflict about Blake.
After Trial Avon really hated to let Blake go alone to yet another hostile planet. He even was ready to call Servalan rather than see Blake in mortal danger!

The only really bad and stupid part was down on the planet, where it became a pantomime with Travis and Crimos.
Edited by Mrs_Underhill on 28 May 2019 18:27:06

Mrs_Underhill
stormypetrel wrote:

I donít know if Iíll make it tonight. Iíve investigated the supposed smart TV in the B&B Iím in, but itís not smart enough to agree to show me B7 on YouTube. I might manage to raise an eyebrow at the polystyrene avalanche if you all count me in, though, because I can follow the comments on my phone!Wink

Oh, sorry about that! We'll try to be entertaining in our comments. Smile

littlesue
Just getting ready...tea, biccies, choccie and a first aid kit for when that rather nice computer expert gets shot...
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
Hugbot wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

i.imgur.com/vpK4tOL.jpg

So he did!

That's also the obligatory Red Dwarf reference out of the way!!

Hugbot
Evening all! Oops

JustBrad wrote:

Jenna: I've always fancied a ginger....

I'd go with Jenna - but i would be thinking of Dayna!
(Sorry .... second RD reference for this rewatch ....)

JustBrad
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

I don't know... Blake waited to kiss Inga till the precise moment Jenna would be there. It almost felt like he did it on purpose. Cool

As Steven Pacey said about Tarrant, Thick as two short planks. That's Blake in this episode. Look at his reaction in the final shot.

He has NO IDEA why Jenna might be upset.
There was a young man
And Haikus confused.

BradPaula
Hello everyone. Just made it- again. What's all this talk of Jenna taking up with a ginger mercenary. Hey! That's my scam!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

meegat39
Hello all, looking forward to this Grin
GARETH THOMAS: Paul is a very generous man, as a human being and as an actor. The programme couldnít have been made if we hadnít got on. Our working relationship was magic.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.68 seconds
21,461,616 unique visits since 8th January 2014