Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Shapeways.
Space Chopper
I've been trawling the web, looking for models or miniatures of the spaceships from Blake's 7, and apart from the rare and expensive kits from Comet Miniatures and Titan Find, for those of you (Like me) who lack the space to display large models or the budget to obtain them, I discovered this little treasure trove, courtesy of Shapeways.

Shapeways

For those that don't know, Shapeways is an online community of 3D renderers and modellers that do 3D printing of practically anything from jewellery to wargames miniatures. This particular user has a variety of stuff, including models of Liberator, Scorpio, Federation Pursuit Ships and System Pursuit Ships. The larger scale Scorpio is especially nice to look at. You'll see them listed under slightly different names for copyright purposes. For now, I've placed an order for the smaller Liberator and Feddy ship, and the larger Scorpio, as I prefer the surface detailing on that one. When I get them, I'll paint them and post up piccies, if you prefer. The price for all three models is less than twenty quid before postage, so for me, a bargain!
Edited by Space Chopper on 23 March 2014 10:04:38
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

President Solvite
Hey they look nice, do share your painted versions..

Will they be for display or are they for gaming purposes?

Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Joe Dredd
There used to be a photo of a very well painted Shapeways Liberator on the old site. It's also covered in the B7 Merchandise Guidebook.

Space Chopper
They'll be purely for display in my case. I also collect the Harlequin/Black Tree Heresy and Crooked Dice miniatures for Doctor Who for the same purpose, and my intention is to also purchase the Crooked Dice figures they sub for Blake's 7 and the Federation soldiers, Servalan and Travis, to make a Blake's 7 display. All my Who stuff is in a wall-mounted display case, and about 55% of it is painted so far.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg

Spaceresearcher
Thanks very much Space Chopper, I wasn't aware of the 95mm, larger scale Pursuit ship, Scorpio, Chase ship and Liberator there. I'll be sure to grab them(very cute).

It is a shame you don't have room for the Titan Find kits though, the detail is just not there in these small print out jobs. I've got the Federation Pursuit ship, Chase ship and Liberator in the small sizes from Shapeways and let me just tell you the detail is just not there. So I'd highly recommend you look at those slightly larger versions from Shapeways as they look a lot better.

Cheers.

Space Chopper
The models arrived about two weeks after I placed my order. Nice little printings, and Scorpio looks really good- I can't wait to tackle the surface detail. The plastic used in the printing is VERY porous and absorbent, so I sealed each model with gloss varnish before priming and painting- it soaks up varnish and paint like a sponge! Painting them now, so I'll report back once I'm finished and have a few piccies for you.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg

Space Chopper
Well, I got a bit sidetracked with my Liberator restoration project, but now that's complete, here are the Shapeways B7 models. I had to buy flight stands for wargames miniatures in order to mount them, as they didn't come with anything, but they do come ready printed with holes underneath to put them on such a stand. Once again, excuse the picture quality, as it's taken on my cellphone.

i.imgur.com/nED5caS.jpg
A group shot of all three- the Liberator, Scorpio and a Federation Pursuit Ship.

i.imgur.com/w4xyRn1.jpg

i.imgur.com/dBLoLNJ.jpg

i.imgur.com/8BL5F8u.jpg

The Feddy ship is really tiny, and was a challenge to paint, especially with the absorbent surface, but my favourite one was Scorpio- the surface detailing was crisp enough for me to go to town picking out panel lines.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg

Joe Dredd
Fantastic job, Space Chopper! I can only look on with admiration and envy at your model painting skills!

Are you considering doing any of the other B7 models at Shapeways? They definitely have the System chase craft in two sizes, and perhaps others.

Space Chopper
Thank you! *blushes* I shall actually be looking out for the System chase craft as done by Century Castings, because they'll be to the same scale as my Comet Liberator, and the display stand I have can accommodate them in a nice formation with it.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.65 seconds
9,791,976 unique visits since 8th January 2014